PDA

View Full Version : TRX250 suspension service

Erasmus_andre
12-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Can the suspension on the 250ex be serviced as in greased? Mine is squeeking & moaning but I can't find any grease nipples on the thing. Will a good dose of penetrating oil WD40 help or does the whole thing have to be taken apart? Please help?:confused:

Honda TRX250ex
12-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Erasmus_andre
Can the suspension on the 250ex be serviced as in greased? Mine is squeeking & moaning but I can't find any grease nipples on the thing. Will a good dose of penetrating oil WD40 help or does the whole thing have to be taken apart? Please help?:confused:
mine do the same thing dont use WD 40 because it will atrack dust. Take them off and grease the bushings and all the other things and it should stop.

Honda TRX250ex
12-17-2005, 04:22 PM
BTW welcome to the fourms

Erasmus_andre
12-17-2005, 05:11 PM
I was afraid that was gonna be the answer. Will the same problem also happen on my 300ex u think?

I read somewhere about a guy that drilled into the arms/bushes and then fitted grease nipples, but can't remember where or what quad it was.

Thanx for the welcome.

Honda TRX250ex
12-17-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Erasmus_andre
I was afraid that was gonna be the answer. Will the same problem also happen on my 300ex u think?

I read somewhere about a guy that drilled into the arms/bushes and then fitted grease nipples, but can't remember where or what quad it was.

Thanx for the welcome.
most likey you would have to do it to the 300ex too. depends on what you use it on. Greaseing the front end isnt hard is a matter of taking the a arms off and just packing them with grease. I wouldnt recomend drilling into your a arms to put grease fittings in it. it would make it less strong.

Killer250EX
02-03-2006, 07:01 PM
just spray the bushings on a-arms and shock mounts it gets rid of the noise, spray them with PB its good for seals and rubber bushings on cars ( but not a PB gun makes'em swell)