PDA

View Full Version : January QOTM 250r's

TheFontMaster
12-17-2005, 09:59 AM
This month the QOTM will be just 250r's. Here is the link to the entry thread, good luck everyone.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=198134

jrspawn
12-17-2005, 12:15 PM
What about 250r based Hybrid's?

Justin

TheFontMaster
12-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
What about 250r based Hybrid's?

Justin

I'm gonna say no to the hybrids. Just pure 2 stoke 250r's:macho

Atkins
12-17-2005, 05:27 PM
BADASS, GREAT IDEA!!! This should be awesome.:macho

450robot
12-17-2005, 05:44 PM
wheres that guy with the fully original restored r when you need him

EDIT: looks like he already entered haha

hes got my vote

baker250r
12-17-2005, 08:13 PM
when do entries gotta be in by? i got the graphics all on mine... but havent had the time for outside glamour shots yet.

TheFontMaster
12-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by baker250r
when do entries gotta be in by? i got the graphics all on mine... but havent had the time for outside glamour shots yet.

You have untill next saterday to enter your quads. So you have till then to get some better pics of your quad, and replace the ones you got now with the new ones.

quadmaster88
12-17-2005, 11:21 PM
i thought stock or nearly stock quads didnt count?.... that happend to someone with a z or something that had like wheels and tires and bolt ons or something???

Mxjunkie
12-17-2005, 11:23 PM
a stock 250r is like a restored classic car, they are so hard to come by that it has a right to be in it :p

trx400exxracer
12-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
a stock 250r is like a restored classic car, they are so hard to come by that it has a right to be in it :p

even though it is stock he probably had to do alot of searching for stock parts in good condition

I would vote for it because I knew the person had a hard time finding mint parts for that thing

but I do understand what quadmaster is saying there was someone once put out of the mix because it was mostly stock

but I think it was pretty easy for that person to leave his quad stock but the dude with the stock 250r probably had to do a lot of searching for those parts or either kept it in super condition

TheFontMaster
12-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by quadmaster88
i thought stock or nearly stock quads didnt count?.... that happend to someone with a z or something that had like wheels and tires and bolt ons or something???

I bet he has more money into the restoration on that 250r that you have in your quad. I know the motor he bought from honda when they still offered new motors whole, and his motor has never been started. He said that the gas tank on it is the last new OEM red tank. All the ones they make now are blue I think. And the factory seat covers in mint condition sell for an outrageous amouts of money cause they are so hard to find.

quadmaster88
12-18-2005, 09:17 AM
im not trying to be a but about it...

so all that is OEM parts?not aftermarket?

well are you tryin to say my quad is junk?

haha cause i dont have one...

at this moment...

im just asking a question... no hate... all love?haha

just kinda thought you turned that one guy down with the 450 or whatever and this guy has OEM/original 250r... im not saying i dont like it cause id give my nuts for this...well maybe not... i would vote for it if stock quads were allowed... i just dont like hypocrites(spelling?)...

and fontmaster im not dogging you im just asking... you do a wonderful job with this QOTM...

<font size=+3>DONT HATE!:D </font size>

TheFontMaster
12-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by quadmaster88
im not trying to be a but about it...

so all that is OEM parts?not aftermarket?

well are you tryin to say my quad is junk?

haha cause i dont have one...

at this moment...

im just asking a question... no hate... all love?haha

just kinda thought you turned that one guy down with the 450 or whatever and this guy has OEM/original 250r... im not saying i dont like it cause id give my nuts for this...well maybe not... i would vote for it if stock quads were allowed... i just dont like hypocrites(spelling?)...

and fontmaster im not dogging you im just asking... you do a wonderful job with this QOTM...

<font size=+3>DONT HATE!:D </font size>

I get what your saying I did make the rule about no stock quads. But with mint condition stock 250r's since they are so rare I'm making an exception. If he were to sell that quad, it would sell for well over 10 grand. Think about it you see stock 450's z-400's, predators, raptors, ect all the time and they don't really stick out. Finding a 250r that has managed to remain stock or been resored like this one, that hasn't been mangled or modded by 20 years of use is really hard to find. And which guy with the 450 did I turn down?

quadmaster88
12-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I get what your saying I did make the rule about no stock quads. But with mint condition stock 250r's since they are so rare I'm making an exception. If he were to sell that quad, it would sell for well over 10 grand. Think about it you see stock 450's z-400's, predators, raptors, ect all the time and they don't really stick out. Finding a 250r that has managed to remain stock or been resored like this one, that hasn't been mangled or modded by 20 years of use is really hard to find. And which guy with the 450 did I turn down?

im not sure if it was a 450 or what... but i can remember you just saying you took their quad off because it was close to stock... or something... but i do remember something about no stock or close to stock quads...

but its all good...

250-R-250
12-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Yea I remember that as well, it was a 400ex and really had no place in the contest. Anyways, font, I should have my R going in two weeks. Its not all together yet. You know how I am doing the ground up thing. If I enter now can I put the updated picks up in a week and a half or so. Whens the actuall voting.

Atkins
12-18-2005, 06:12 PM
my buddy has a 300ex with elkas, lsr axle, wheels/tires, and a list of other mods but was taken out for being "too stock".

TheFontMaster
12-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 250-R-250
Yea I remember that as well, it was a 400ex and really had no place in the contest. Anyways, font, I should have my R going in two weeks. Its not all together yet. You know how I am doing the ground up thing. If I enter now can I put the updated picks up in a week and a half or so. Whens the actuall voting.

The poll goes up next saterday the 24th, so unless it's all together and pretty much done it wouldn't make it to the poll. Unless there are only 10 quads that have entered I won't put in a quad that's not done. Sorry.

TheFontMaster
12-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Bump

TheFontMaster
12-20-2005, 06:26 PM
TTT

TheFontMaster
12-23-2005, 11:18 AM
One more day to get in your entries. The poll will go up late tomorow afternoon.

TheFontMaster
12-24-2005, 10:23 AM
About 6 more hours before I put up the poll, if you haven't entered this is your last chance.

baker250r
12-24-2005, 11:18 AM
got the pics updated... check em out everybody