PDA

View Full Version : tires

zzbudzz
06-28-2002, 09:14 PM
i got stock rear tires on my 400 and i NEED new ones.so i need something that can handle hard packed dirt and a little mx . i was thinking about 18X 10 X11 bandits (i think thats the size ) anyway if i got 18 inch rear tires would the stock 22's handle bad and look stupid?or should i go with 20 's and a 14 tooth spocket.also when i get the tires i'm going to get a combo rim and tire set. i want to make the rear wider what offset rim should i get for stock axle?

exriderdude
06-28-2002, 09:58 PM
holeshot mx;)

Razorback
06-29-2002, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by zzbudzz
i got stock rear tires on my 400 and i NEED new ones.so i need something that can handle hard packed dirt and a little mx . i was thinking about 18X 10 X11 bandits (i think thats the size ) anyway if i got 18 inch rear tires would the stock 22's handle bad and look stupid?or should i go with 20 's and a 14 tooth spocket.also when i get the tires i'm going to get a combo rim and tire set. i want to make the rear wider what offset rim should i get for stock axle?

you won't have severe problems with handling with the 22" up front and 18" in the rear, but it looks funny. i know, because i had to run like this for a few weeks until my smaller fronts got in. kinda looks like a grown up version of some of the hopped up minis that the kids mx with :D

i love the way 18" handle, but if you ride where there are a lot of rocks, then plan on beating the "s" out of your skid plate. also, you effective lose a gear, so you'd either a) learn to live with the lower gearing - like putting on a 14t with 20" b) get a 16t front or c) preferred - get a 36t rear sprocket which is a nice compromise.

i've got holeshots mounted on itp rims that are offset 1" wider in the rear, and they actually work real well with the stock axle. not quite what an aftermarket +4 axle will get you, but a nice addition, nonetheless. the wheels look trick too.