PDA

View Full Version : How do you all fix flats?????

yokeracer
12-17-2005, 04:24 AM
I went out and bought some tire slime for ATVs, will that be good enough, or should I plug the tire?

Blue600
12-17-2005, 06:13 AM
I use plugs.

quad2xtreme
12-17-2005, 06:16 AM
I plug small holes and patch larger ones (anything that would require more than 2-3 plugs). If I am switching tires around, I always remove all the plugs and patch.

I used to run Slime but stopped mostly due to the expense and mess when changing tires later. It is good at plugging the small holes that form sometimes around a regular tire plug. I've never damaged my tires with Slime, never made them feel out of balance, and is easy to wash off the rim when the time comes.

I keep plugs, plugger, and co2 pump with me at all times when trail riding.

/Jon

yokeracer
12-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I plug small holes and patch larger ones (anything that would require more than 2-3 plugs). If I am switching tires around, I always remove all the plugs and patch.

I used to run Slime but stopped mostly due to the expense and mess when changing tires later. It is good at plugging the small holes that form sometimes around a regular tire plug. I've never damaged my tires with Slime, never made them feel out of balance, and is easy to wash off the rim when the time comes.

I keep plugs, plugger, and co2 pump with me at all times when trail riding.

/Jon

that's a good idea, I use to keep that stuff on me when I use to bicycle a lot back in the day.

thanx for the idea:D

prepracing
12-17-2005, 05:33 PM
slime is a waste, it only helps small pinholes in the tread part it will not stick to sidewalls. Fix -a -flat does better than slime. First plug, then if its bigger patch from inside or put a tube in it. There's a shop where I live that still vulcanizes tires. Next step new tire :blah:

miller821
12-17-2005, 07:11 PM
I plugged a cpl months ago, still holdin up to

tprender
12-18-2005, 06:06 AM
You can put tubes in the front tires with not problem. fix-a-flat is water based and will freeze in cold weather. Slime will not freeze and will plug a larger hole because it have some fibers in it. There are some other brands out there that have a whole bunch of fiber in the stuff.