PDA

View Full Version : ordered omf scoops but i cant get them on.....I need help

yellow400
06-28-2002, 07:19 PM
I just ordered omf scoops. i couldn't get them on. So please post comments to help. Or i might send them back. Does anyone have them and if you do are they worth the money??

thanks

BornOnFire
06-29-2002, 12:23 AM
I have been considering the purchase of these but wasn't sure how good they were. What sort of problems are you having with the installation? Are they a pain?

brian400ex
06-29-2002, 08:07 AM
Just follow the instructions. What exactly can't you figure out? It think they are worth it just for the looks, but they do work too.

02REDEXRIDER
06-29-2002, 08:13 AM
just make sure you read the instructions and the way the washers go on. Note: The rearmost hole does not get a spacer. I put the top bolt in first, It seemed to help. Then i held the bracket up there and started the back, one, then the bottom.

Quadfather
06-29-2002, 11:54 AM
I followed the directions, and had mine on in five minutes. You don't even really need the directions, if you lay the pieces out, and hold them up to where they go, it's pretty self explanitory.

Like the dude above said, they are worth the $ just for the looks, but if you ride down the street with them, and hold your hand behind them, you can feel the rush of air that they send over the motor.

400exRacerX
06-29-2002, 01:02 PM
You put the two big spacers in the front holes between the plastic bracket and the fender and bolt it up. Then in the back holes the fender goes over the scoop then the scoop bolts to the bracket.

Ex'r Marlin
06-29-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by yellow400
Does anyone have them and if you do are they worth the money?? The negatives I have are that when you want to remove your front plastic (for whatever reason, like cleaning, etc.) you have to remove the scoops as well. Yes, I find that they are not as easy to install as the plastic is, but after a few times, it becomes second nature to remount them. It also happens to be another thing you have to clean.... And watch out, I happened to get a little cut once from cleaning them, my bad!

The positives I have is that they are lightweight, look trick, and I too think they just may help direct additional air to the engine. Plus, like someone has said in the past, they aid in another location to put stickers.:cool: Are they worth the money? I think for what they are and the quality of them, yes. But I have seen other designs at a huge cost savings that I think do the same thing. My 2 cents.

400exRacerX
06-29-2002, 10:38 PM
Me too,, those air scoops are RAZOR sharp,, so be careful!