PDA

View Full Version : Fellow racers I need your opinion.

rookiex
12-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Tomarrow will be my first race back in over 2 years.One a new quad I havent even takin to the track.I mean I havent been on a track at all in 2 years accept on a 04 250f an worked 50.

Should I

A.Use my head, get a feel for the quad,Get a feel for myself back on the track but yet run the risk of losing and possibly getting a horrible postion at the finish.

B.Balls to the wall just go off the top of my head from what I remember from the past.Run a risk of getting broke or breaking my new quad but yet possibly finishing in a good position.

Let me know what you think.

xx3003xrdrxx
12-16-2005, 04:06 PM
if you havent rode or even practiced on a quad in 2 years you are going to straight up get smoked . :( If i was you I would go and completely forget about the place's and just ride the bike and feel the corners and get used to riding again. Then next week :devil:

let R rip and hold on :macho

450r51
12-16-2005, 04:07 PM
go nuts, but dont kill urself cuz that would be bad.

rookiex
12-16-2005, 04:16 PM
heck yeah it would.Im aiming to be pro Ive got allot of friends that are moving up to A class this year and those were the guys I use to ride with an beat an battle with.They told me to use my head an Id be up with them in no time.

I really wanna be healthy to race/ride another day cuz all getting hurt does is set you back.

MXRACER86
12-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Just ride smart! You don't want to hurt yourself!

AtvMxRider
12-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Ok answer this question. Do you work?

rookiex
12-16-2005, 05:04 PM
yea.Of course.

AtvMxRider
12-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
yea.Of course.

Well can you afford to go out there and get hurt? I wish you all the luck in the world at going pro but you also have to look at what will happen if you don't. You have to wok to pay the bills and if you are all busted up how will you do that:ermm:

rookiex
12-16-2005, 05:13 PM
I dont have any payments really I work souly to keep my racing going.I dont even talk much on a cell phone just to keep my bill down.But its a job I can afford to lose if I get hurt.I will be working for my dads dump truck busniess driving a 7 axle dump when I turn 21.But I understand what your saying I dont wanna get hurt period and by not getting hurt and keeping up practice and races I will get better and faster over time.

STEVENJANNA
12-16-2005, 09:21 PM
God bless the young with their 50lb. balls were there brains should be. If I were 12 years younger I would tell you to hang it all out, but because I'm not......I would feel the first race or two out before going crazy. A funny thing happens when you get older (I won't say "grow up" because I hope none of us ever do) and get married, have kids, have a mortgage etc. etc.. With every added responsibility those 50lb. balls get smaller and smaller until there small enough for your wife to keep in pill box in her purse :( Enjoy your youth and while you don't have that much to lose break your *** living out your dreams.

xx3003xrdrxx
12-16-2005, 09:29 PM
yeah i just thought that out, go nutts , kill every1 , Focus on getting the holeshot and never look back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rookiex
12-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Hell yeah guys I like your style. :)

IOWAracer
12-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Hey first wanna know if it is xc or mx
If xc get a feel for the track and quad on first lap then go ape ***** and take a good finshing po.

If mx cant really help you I dont run mx

Broc

LT250Racer609
12-16-2005, 11:45 PM
corey,

with all the talks we have had you should know what to do lol...you go out there and feel it all over again...exactly what im gonna hafto do since my wrist at the end of this season...gonna hafto start all over again next season in a class higher however thats if i decide to stay into quad racing....

as far as the 450R goes i think u will love it...ur a big kid and i feel that the quad will fit you just right...i didnt feel right on my 450R because it felt big and bulky to me...thats why i have my 250R :)

hardkoratvmxr
12-16-2005, 11:45 PM
use your head and ride smart until you get the feel back then ride to your abilities

rookiex
12-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by LT250Racer609
corey,

with all the talks we have had you should know what to do lol...you go out there and feel it all over again...exactly what im gonna hafto do since my wrist at the end of this season...gonna hafto start all over again next season in a class higher however thats if i decide to stay into quad racing....

as far as the 450R goes i think u will love it...ur a big kid and i feel that the quad will fit you just right...i didnt feel right on my 450R because it felt big and bulky to me...thats why i have my 250R :)

Thanks man,I know it will come flooding back.Ill have to get back in the groove.I think if I take my time working my way up.Track for track learning diffrent places again.All will come back and ill get to relearn re think allot more things.

XCRACER26
12-17-2005, 11:49 AM
I would Go balls out to begin with then get smart the more you ride. It is easier to go fast then slow down rather then go slow then get faster. thats the way I think.:macho

cady#1
12-17-2005, 01:35 PM
I think this guy can answer about anything you throw at him, motocrosstrainer.com, so try him out. Also don't try to push anything to hard, because eventually it or you will break.:eek:

LT250Racer609
12-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by XCRACER26
I would Go balls out to begin with then get smart the more you ride. It is easier to go fast then slow down rather then go slow then get faster. thats the way I think.:macho

nooo way....

as soon as a kid gets his liscence are u saying he should go out and drive around doing 100 everywhere like a mad man and then learn how to drive?? because its basically the same thing....

if your away from something for a long period of time such as 2 years...you want to start off riding smart and work your way up....if you go out and ride like a moron your gonna get broke once again before the day is even over....the second you lose concentration during a race or lose your head....thats when you will get broke

XCRACER26
12-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by LT250Racer609
nooo way....

as soon as a kid gets his liscence are u saying he should go out and drive around doing 100 everywhere like a mad man and then learn how to drive?? because its basically the same thing....

if your away from something for a long period of time such as 2 years...you want to start off riding smart and work your way up....if you go out and ride like a moron your gonna get broke once again before the day is even over....the second you lose concentration during a race or lose your head....thats when you will get broke

thats how Chris Borich got fast... And thats the alot of my friends got fast.

xx3003xrdrxx
12-17-2005, 05:57 PM
i got fast doing that. I rode a track like 5 times and on the 6th time i was hangin with built 400's

rookiex
12-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Well.I didnt do bad not bad at all.2 guys who finished ahead of me were A riders like the real GNC guys.I got 3rd over all.the first 4 laps I was quick but man I got tired.I decided to hang back an watch the quads flip on the hole shot an thats exactly what they did.I played it safe but too risks I had to, to stay ahead in the top 3.All an all the two guys who beat me came up an asked me my name and said for a ''new guy'' I wasnt bad not bad at all.

My arms hurt bad tho.

Im thinking a preciscion dampner
flexx bars

An practice will help.

MXRACER86
12-18-2005, 01:00 AM
You are my hero man!:macho