PDA

View Full Version : It was fun while it lasted ....

Quad18star
12-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Well the sport quad thing was fun while it lasted ... but like all good things , it has to come to an end sooner or later . For me , sooner has come quicker than later . Injuries have taken their toll on me and well my plans of racing won't become reality anytime soon .

The sales rep that I deal with at my local dealership just called me back . They want me to bring in my YFZ next week for an appraisal on my YFZ for a trade on a 4x4 .

Now I have a task ahead of me of stripping all the aftermarket parts off and returning it to stock . Anyone interested in any of the parts , please check in the For Sale section and PM or email me .

It looks like I'll be riding a 4x4 in the New Year !!!! 2005 Grizzly 660 here I come !!!!! :devil:

sly400ex
12-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey, at least you're not leaving the sport all together! The Grizzly is a bad 4 wheela!:D

Titanium
12-16-2005, 04:00 PM
why r u leaving the sport quad part of 4 wheelers.

12-16-2005, 04:31 PM
No!

Dont let a broken leg slow u down!

Rip_Tear
12-16-2005, 04:36 PM
(shaking head) Thats what happens when you ride one of those Yamaha dealies.... :D JK

4x4's are fun too, too bad you didn't have something good for parts, or I might buy some stuff from you. Do any of your parts fit a 400ex?

Quad18star
12-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
(shaking head) Thats what happens when you ride one of those Yamaha dealies.... :D JK

4x4's are fun too, too bad you didn't have something good for parts, or I might buy some stuff from you. Do any of your parts fit a 400ex?

Handle bars , block off plate and kill switch . LOL :D

key4202003
12-16-2005, 06:51 PM
how much for the block off plate, shipped to 84042 USA

oh by the way i found parts, thanks ne ways!

YFZ450Ridr
12-16-2005, 07:46 PM
what about one of those polaris outlaws with the IRS. i bet that would be a nice plush ride for you if you softened all the shocks up. at least youll still have a quad though. my uncle has a 2003 grizzley 660. its VERY nice, thing rides really smooth and will tackle almost anything you want. best of luck to ya!

bulkdriverlp
12-16-2005, 07:51 PM
when you get older you dont heal as quick. breaking limbs could cause you to loose your job, especially when you have a family. sport quads are for kids that live at home and are in school, when they wreck da da can go buy them a new quad.

Quad18star
12-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
when you get older you dont heal as quick. breaking limbs could cause you to loose your job, especially when you have a family. sport quads are for kids that live at home and are in school, when they wreck da da can go buy them a new quad.

Exactly . That's what happened with me . Broke my leg pretty badly in an accident a year and a half ago ... haven't been able to work since ... lost my job .... moved out on my own ... have a girlfriend ... the sport quad just isn't practical anymore .

I'll enjoy life at a slower pace from now on . :blah:

killen them all
12-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Handle bars , block off plate and kill switch . LOL :D

what u want 4 the block off plate

nosliw
12-18-2005, 12:25 PM
the working quads are still badass.

i might get one in the near future....... probably a brute force 750

but then i heard the new bombardier 800 is awesome...

i dont know, let me know what you decide on

Quad18star
12-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
the working quads are still badass.

i might get one in the near future....... probably a brute force 750

but then i heard the new bombardier 800 is awesome...

i dont know, let me know what you decide on

I've pretty much decided on a 2005 Grizzly 660 . I've seen and heard a lot about the Bombardier 800 ... it's a tank with lots of balls ... a little too expensive for me though .

My buddy has the Brute Force 750 .... really nice machine with tons of power . It felt a little tipy for me when he had the suspension on the stock settings .... he stiffened it up a bit and it feels a lot better now .

what u want 4 the block off plate

$17 plus shipping for the plate ... but I believe it's already sold to a guy up here . I'll let you know though .

MotoX3
12-18-2005, 12:49 PM
As long as your still riding(and it's Yamaha:p )it's all good.

Quad18star
12-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
As long as your still riding(and it's Yamaha:p )it's all good.

HAHA Ya ... I don't think I'd be able to give up riding completly . Now if only I could sell all these damn parts I'd be fine !!!!

I'll then have to come up with a few thousand extra for the Grizzly ... So if any women are interested ... I'm selling my services for a decent price . :devil:

AtvMxRider
12-18-2005, 07:08 PM
So if any men are interested ... I'm selling my services for a decent price . :devil:

:huh

Pappy
12-18-2005, 07:38 PM
rotflmao!

key4202003
12-18-2005, 08:34 PM
WOW i needed that one...LMFAO!!
ZZZING.

Quad18star
12-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
:huh

You know .... when I posted that , the first thing that came to mind was ..." I know either Jerry or Bart is going to switch things around" .

Jerry you get the prize this time ... you beat Bart to it . LOL .

Oh by the way Jerry , I emailed you back ... but in case you didn't get it , I'm taking my girlfriend out New Years Eve ... sorry !!!! Good luck finding a date though !! . ;)

AtvMxRider
12-19-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm taking my girlfriend out New Years Eve ...

Thats if I get her back to you in time:devil:

Got nads?
12-19-2005, 02:16 PM
How much do you want for the hiper's?

FreekShow
12-19-2005, 04:33 PM

:eek: lmao

Quad18star
12-20-2005, 02:13 PM

LOL ..... Nice one ... but she's not into the whole black guy with the "ice" around the neck . Sorry Jerry . :p

As far as the Hipers go ... I'm asking $650 firm ... you pay the shipping . That includes all 4 Hipers and ITP Holeshot tires mounted which are still in pretty good shape . A lot of my parts are sold already or have pending sales .

Well I finally took off the aftermarket stuff . The quad looks so bare without any of the stuff on it . Ah well ... it was fun but now its time to move on to bigger things .... Hopefully a 660 grizzly . :devil:

shano
12-20-2005, 02:59 PM
awww Greg, you old fart:devil:

Quad18star
12-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by shano
awww Greg, you old fart:devil:

Gotta do what i gotta do .... it's not a choice , it's an obligation . :ermm:

It's ok though .... I'll pull out all those stuck 2 whel drive sport quads out of mud holes . :devil:

And you know damn well the 4x4 isn't gunna stay stock for too long . Lift kit , bigger wheels , bumpers, racks , exhaust and maybe a snorkel kit . But that's in the future ... not right now . LOL :blah:

Quad18star
12-21-2005, 07:47 PM
The dealership now has my quad in their shop for inspection . Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me that they don't try and screw me out of too much money .

I should know by the end of next week what the deal is with it . :devil:

On a side note .... I can't believe how quiet the quad is now and how bare it looks . I put the stock exhaust and baffle back and damn ... my lawnmower is louder . :ermm: