PDA

View Full Version : Kansas

PismoLocal
12-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Im goin shawnee kansas tomorrow, im gonna be there a week, and i was wondrin what the weathers like and what there is to do there durin the winter.

spud400ex
12-16-2005, 11:09 AM
since you'll be in shawnee theres more to do like the bars and all that good stuff.

as for the weather, it looks like it will be snowing tomorrow and sunday.

Butters
12-16-2005, 11:39 AM
i know this girl that lives in shawnee.......:devil:

jwick07
12-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Just cold and sloppy out this weekend typical weather for my days off but right now it is great out. Sunny and partly cloudy. Had yesterday off and it was 35mph wind gusts and cold. Go to work today sunny life is crule sometimes.

PismoLocal
12-16-2005, 12:03 PM
ya ive been with my girl friend for three years now and she has finally talked me into flyin there to meet her family.

jwick07
12-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Theres a K-State mens Basketball game sat night then on to Aggievile afterwards to drunk it up

BTW my weatherbug just alerted me to a let me quote this
"SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT UNTIL 3AM CST SUNDAY." Only a few inches but with the Kansas winds you will get some good drifts. So Pismo boy how warm is your winter coat??? You better bring it, gloves, stocking cap, thermal underware, chains for you tires, ice scrappers, electric blanket, wind chills will be around 0 F. to -15F.

Welcome to Kansas. Let your little woman know she picked a great weekend to come home:grr:

If I was in your shoes I would wait until spring.

PismoLocal
12-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Dang looks like i need to do some shopping then. its 70 here. i dont even think i own clothes that will keep me warm in that type of weather. ya i didnt want to go in the first place, -15 sounds pretty ruthless, thats the type of weather where you spit and it freezes b4 it hits the ground.

jwick07
12-16-2005, 12:41 PM
its not that bad but it will make icecycles in you facial hair when your out for long periods of time.

Titanium
12-16-2005, 12:46 PM
i heard Shawnee, Kansas was spose to get aroun 3" of snow on saturday.

PismoLocal
12-16-2005, 12:49 PM
ya my flight leaves tomorrow from LAX at 6pm here which is 8 in kansas and then i think its four hours of flight time with a 2 hour lay over in texas.

PismoLocal
12-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Thats sick i love snow the nearest snow from my town is like 4 hours if your haulin @$$. is shawnee a big city or small city ?

Titanium
12-16-2005, 12:56 PM
i consider it a suburb of Kansas City. So its fairly big.

PismoLocal
12-16-2005, 12:57 PM
ok, ya my girlfriend said they live on like 10 acres or somethin and they have like goats and cows and stuff i pictured it like a farm town or somethin.

stumpleg
12-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Its a suburb of Kansas City. You won't have much of a change coming from LA, size wise.

Titanium
12-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Sounds cool, to bad u didn't have ur quad down here so u could ride ur it on the snow. It's Kick @ss fun.

PismoLocal
12-16-2005, 01:02 PM
actually my girlfriend said that they have some 4x4 utility quads there im prolly gonna b riding 2nd gear wheelies around there property all week long
:D

PismoLocal
12-16-2005, 01:03 PM
ya id kill to get some snow trail ridin in.

Titanium
12-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Cool. I'm gonna be haulin ***** on my Z400 first thing tomorrow mornin in that fresh snow its gonna be fun. i think u'll have a hell of a time ridin in the snow its so fun specially when u make snow ramps.

PismoLocal
12-16-2005, 01:16 PM
ya im excited!!:D

Tom TRX250R
12-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Thats only about 10 minutes from me, there is a 50% chance of snow Sat. and the weather is in the upper 20's. Dress warm because you won't be used to it coming from California!!!

TRX_450
12-16-2005, 05:27 PM
hey jus a heads up....were havin a ride this sunday around manhattan if u want more details PM me

TRX_450
12-16-2005, 07:23 PM
pmub

digga_b
12-16-2005, 08:01 PM
I live about 2 miles away from Shawnee (just across the Kansas River) Last week they said we were going to get 3"... we got 12". It's all gone now, but you just never know whats going to happen around here, so be prepared for anything!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/digga_b/DSCN3403.jpg

rockman
12-16-2005, 08:16 PM
A SNOW ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM SATURDAY TO 6 AM SUNDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TOPEKA HAS ISSUED A SNOW
ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM SATURDAY TO 6 AM CST
SUNDAY.

PERIODS OF SNOW...MODERATE AT TIMES...ARE EXPECTED SATURDAY AND
SATURDAY NIGHT ACROSS THE AREA. THE SNOW MAY REDUCE VISIBILITIES
TO LESS THAN A QUARTER MILE AT TIMES. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF
3 TO 6 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE WITH THE HIGHER AMOUNTS SOUTH OF
INTERSTATE 70 AND WEST OF HIGHWAY 75.

A SNOW ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP...BUT
ONLY ENOUGH TO CAUSE INCONVENIENCES SUCH AS TRAVEL DELAYS.

Today...mostly sunny.. Highs in the mid to upper 30s with west winds at 10-15 mph.
Tonight...partly cloudy. Lows in the low 20s.
Saturday...snow likely with accumulations of 2-6". Highs in the low 30s. East winds at 5-10 mph.
Sunday...cold with a few flurries. Highs in the 20s.
Monday...partly sunny with highs 25 to 30

rockman
12-16-2005, 08:16 PM
thats topeka weather don't know what kc is supposed to be like

digga_b
12-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Kansas City, Ks.

A SNOW ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 12 PM SATURDAY TO 6 AM CST SUNDAY.

LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED TO START FROM ATCHISON TO PAOLA KANSAS BY MID MORNING SATURDAY AND SPREAD INTO THE GREATER KANSAS CITY AREA BY LATE MORNING. THROUGH THE NOON HOUR...LESS THAN HALF AN INCH OF SNOW IS EXPECTED JUST WEST OF KANSAS CITY. THE ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL SLOWLY INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY DURING THE AFTERNOON HOURS. BY SUNSET MOST AREAS WILL HAVE PICKED UP AN INCH OF NEW SNOW WITH AREAS WEST OF INTERSTATE 35 POSSIBLY RECEIVING UP TO 2 INCHES. THE HEAVIEST SNOWS ARE EXPECTED DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS SATURDAY NIGHT WITH OCCASIONAL BURSTS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL.

BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS SUNDAY MORNING...MANY AREAS WILL HAVE PICKED UP A TOTAL OF 4 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW.

A SNOW ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

Titanium
12-16-2005, 10:03 PM
I can't wait for the snow tomorrow!

jwick07
12-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Kansas Group ride at the Spillway Cycle area at Tuttle Creek Lake Manhattan 10am to when ever.

TRX_450
12-17-2005, 09:09 AM
THE RIDES BEEN MOVED.....IF U HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AND ARE WANTING TO ATTEND PM ME

dangle
12-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Kansas a.k.a. The Frozen Tundra...

Mike

PismoLocal
12-23-2005, 01:34 PM
i just got back from kansas it was sick, i went ice scating for the first time (didnt fall down once in two hours of ice scating), i went all around kansas city with my g/f's family and i got to stop by cabellas, i had never been there b4 either. i liked it a lot it was alot nicer than i thought it would be its a hell of alot prettier than california, i really dont understand why kansas land value is so low . every one said it was goin to be flat and that there would b no trees and that every one was a redneck. but it was just the opposite there trees all over the place and the terrain was very hilly. all in all i had a great time and im plannin on goin back there this summer for a couple weeks just to hang out. oh ya tech nine was on my flight back to california too, thats another cool thing about kansas tech nine lives there. :D

TRX_450
12-23-2005, 01:53 PM
lol yea ive seen him 3 or 4 times in concert and ppl r usually wrong about kansas terrain

Titanium
12-23-2005, 02:39 PM
where i live in kansas theres no hills but there's plenty of trees.

jwick07
12-23-2005, 03:41 PM
In my home town of Hays 4 1/2 hours away it is much much much flatter and not many trees and then go west from there around the colorado border and the radio dial can actual go all the way around if you hit seek and never pick up a station.

Titanium
12-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
In my home town of Hays 4 1/2 hours away it is much much much flatter and not many trees and then go west from there around the colorado border and the radio dial can actual go all the way around if you hit seek and never pick up a station.

Thats true! when i was about 40 miles west of hays i only could pick up one station. and even around here where i live there's only a handfull of radio stations.

digga_b
12-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
i just got back from kansas it was sick, i went ice scating for the first time (didnt fall down once in two hours of ice scating), i went all around kansas city with my g/f's family and i got to stop by cabellas, i had never been there b4 either. i liked it a lot it was alot nicer than i thought it would be its a hell of alot prettier than california, i really dont understand why kansas land value is so low . every one said it was goin to be flat and that there would b no trees and that every one was a redneck. but it was just the opposite there trees all over the place and the terrain was very hilly. all in all i had a great time and im plannin on goin back there this summer for a couple weeks just to hang out. oh ya tech nine was on my flight back to california too, thats another cool thing about kansas tech nine lives there. :D

Glad you liked it out here. The land value has been steadily going up the last few years around here because of Cabelas, Kansas Speedway, etc. (I'm just a couple of miles south of there) My house has doubled in value within the last 4 years.

If you plan on coming out this summer, give me a shout and we will go ride. And BTW, I think Tech N9ne lives in Kc, Mo.;)

Titanium
12-24-2005, 08:31 AM
Hey pismolocal did u get any ridin in down here?