PDA

View Full Version : Flexx Bars ??????

bpimpdaddy21
12-16-2005, 05:33 AM
I just got a sponsorship from flexx for the bars, and just ordered a set. My questions are what does everyone think about these bars that have them? I have heard nothing but good things about them. I am trying to figure out what I am going to do for mounting them also. I looked at the Rox Risers pivoting risers, but am not too keen on the idea of the riser that way. What are the other ways people have mounted them up on a stock stem? Just big bar riser clamps?

I was also thinking of getting a houser +1 or +2 stem with the anti-vibe clamp for the quad. Being 6'1" I like the bars to be a bit higher.

Also, with the flexx bars and antivibe stem, I am undecided on wether I should run a steering stabilizer or not. What are the thoughts on this also?

Let me know! Thanks.

Jersey450R
12-16-2005, 05:55 AM
If you want to go all out, get a +1 houser stem, gpr damper (it will rise you another inch), and some tag cr-double high's. you'll be about 2 inches higher than stock with some of the best components.:cool:

bpimpdaddy21
12-16-2005, 06:16 AM
I already have the flexx bars, so that is really not an option. I was looking more or less for an option with the flexx bars. But thanks for the input. Keep them coming!

Pappy
12-16-2005, 06:24 AM
get a set of moose bar clamps and mount the bars on the stock stem first. from there see how it feels, the flexx bars are just about perfect with this set up for most riders.

i have a +1 stem and i am actually going to go back to a stock stem so the height is correct.(id flat out suggest a +1 for you seeing your tall, but everyone has different comfort zones so id rather see you spend $40 and be happy, then $300 and possibly have too tall a set up)

as far as a dampner, precision units are getting rave reviews!

quad2xtreme
12-16-2005, 07:06 AM
When you get your flexxbars, make sure you get the ATV bend as they are higher than the mx bend. Taller people tend to like the 12 degree sweep better than the 14 degree sweep.

Although flexxbars give vertically, they do not give horizontally. For this reason, I highly recommend going with a +1 anti-vibe stem. I have a set of red rubbers in mine that really give. I also have a set of black rubbers that are so stinking hard, it turns it back into a non-antivibe stem. The only thing you can do to compensate is not crank the nuts all the way down.

Take the "red" rubbers out of the flexxbars too and install the "yellow" rubbers. They provide more give.

The Flexxbars really soak up a bad landing and worth every penny.

By the way, I am 6' 5" and find this the perfect setup for me.

Good luck.

/Jon

wanta450
12-16-2005, 07:40 AM
just get the tusk big bar adapter clamps thats what my friend did on his stock stem and have had no trouble

bpimpdaddy21
12-16-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
as far as a dampner, precision units are getting rave reviews!

Should I even get the dampner with an antivibe clamp setup and flexx bars? That is another question I have. Thanks guys for the responses!

Jersey450R
12-16-2005, 07:49 AM
I could never ride without a damper again after running one. Its one of them things you will notice when you take it off. really helps with fatigue and bumpsteer as well. i would invest in a good one. my denton piston type has lasted about a full season. i'll probably be looking into a gpr or scotts soon.

fastrider450r
12-16-2005, 07:51 AM
you will definatly need a dampner. It makes a world of difference. you wont be dissappointed

macsolocam
12-16-2005, 07:56 AM
You can not go wrong with flexx bars....IMO>>>>I would use a +1 anti vibe stem, the 31" 14 deg. sweep flexx bar, and yes put the yellow dampeners in for mx....

This is the set up I run and it is like no other!!! When you put the yellow dampeners in and sit on the bike and flex the bars you will first think how am I going to ride like that....Well, get that out of your head because once you get out on the track and take a few laps you will realize that it does not affect your riding or control...you will notice that there is hardly no vibration at all...it is really smooth...Jumps and definately a whoop section is where these bars really stand out...

I rode with these bars for quite some time and then happen to ride a friends bike that had pro tapers with a anti vibe stem....everyone knows that is a pretty good set up but I thought I was gonna break my wrist....so that should tell ya how really good these bars are....

you will never use any other bar...:macho

quad2xtreme
12-16-2005, 07:56 AM
I am going with a Precision. Talk to them directly before ordering. There are so many different thicknesses of steering stems that they will set it up properly for you once they know who made your stem.

/Jon

bpimpdaddy21
12-16-2005, 02:32 PM
I forgot to add that I ordered the Creech bars. I am looking to get to around the stock height or slightly higher. Would a +1 get me there with those bars or should I go +2? And is the anti-vibe stem really necessary with these bars? Thanks!

quad2xtreme
12-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by bpimpdaddy21
I forgot to add that I ordered the Creech bars. I am looking to get to around the stock height or slightly higher. Would a +1 get me there with those bars or should I go +2? And is the anti-vibe stem really necessary with these bars? Thanks!

Very confused. Did you lose your sponsorship already and cancel your order for the Flexxbars?

tucson450r
12-16-2005, 04:04 PM
I run a Burgard +1 anti-vibe with Burgard big bar clamp and my Flexx bars and I will not buy any other bar from here on out.

bpimpdaddy21
12-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Very confused. Did you lose your sponsorship already and cancel your order for the Flexxbars?

No no, I ordered the Creech bend flexx bars, that is what I meant. They are the same as the ATV bend, but shorter. Thats all. sorry for the confusion.

dirtriderex
12-16-2005, 05:19 PM
will the stock stem work with a IMS tank and flexx bars?

david straight
12-17-2005, 01:43 PM
I have the stock honda bend flexx bars on a set of +2'' rox anti-vibe risers mounted on a +1'' rath anti-vibe stem . and a denton stabalizer. Iam 6' 3'' this works well for me.