PDA

View Full Version : adding some room

QuadJunkies
12-15-2005, 11:58 PM
I need to send off my Daughters seat this early spring to add some foam to make the seat higher for more leg room... How do I know how much it needs???:confused: Also, how tall does the aftermarket stems go ??She is so clumped over when she stands It makes her WAY out of porportion and really hard to stand and be agrressive like this ... :(

I will most likely send her seat off to Verde power sports,they made her seat cover and now Ill have to have another one made for the new seat when its done...

Greenroom
12-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Give Rath a call for the stem. They have posted doing anti vib for the mini's so he might be some help. I think Hetrick does some too.

wvspeedfreak
12-16-2005, 01:27 PM
I've seen +2 stems for the Kaseas.I think Granite Gear carries them.

04EX
12-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Honestley it sounds like she is out growing the bike. just my 2cents

Arctic Cat Dad
12-16-2005, 05:42 PM
She might be ! This is a little girl. She can only ride a mini quad. She has to make it fit this little girl. She can't race a bigger quad. This is my 2 cents!!:devil:

Quad give Hetricks a call.:)

AtvMxRider
12-16-2005, 08:05 PM
http://www.hetrickracing.com/youthquadproducts_steeringstems.htm

blueskyy
12-16-2005, 08:56 PM
QJ, just put her on your 400 ;)

QuadJunkies
12-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by blueskyy
QJ, just put her on your 400 ;)

She will ride it, but she cant race it ......Im not ready to put her thaere just yet ;)

Artic Cat Dad is totally correct on this one. She is only 11,she might not look like it but she is! Shes got enough power to keep her busy right now ,She just needs some leg room... :(

So how do all these kids do it???!! Ive seen some of the kids who race Nationals on minis that are bigger kids

I have no clue on the seat or how much foam to have added?? Anyone here done this before?

Arctic Cat Dad
12-18-2005, 05:42 AM
OJ There are alot of huge kid these days on mini's. I've seen some 6' boys on mini's. It's a shame. I don't know how they do it. You ever ride your mini. It's hard.

But you have to make the mini fit the rider. I'm sure that stroker engine is plenty fast for an 11 yr old girl.If you raise the seat with all foam it might be to soft. You may have to fill the first 2" or so with a hard surface material.Go with a higher stem, also higher bends in handlebars will help. Looks like it's time to spend more money on your mini. :D

QuadJunkies
12-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
Looks like it's time to spend more money on your mini. :D

LOL.. Its a neverending circle! :scary: :p

So, would the seat cover people know what I would need and do they know how to do this stuff?? Sorry if I sound ingnorant on this- but I am :o

QuadJunkies
12-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
OJ There are alot of huge kid these days on mini's. I've seen some 6' boys on mini's. It's a shame. I don't know how they do it. You ever ride your mini. It's hard.

But you have to make the mini fit the rider. I'm sure that stroker engine is plenty fast for an 11 yr old girl.If you raise the seat with all foam it might be to soft. You may have to fill the first 2" or so with a hard surface material.Go with a higher stem, also higher bends in handlebars will help. Looks like it's time to spend more money on your mini. :D

6 feet tall????:huh Goodness, I cant imagine that at all!! :eek2:

Sjorge450R
12-18-2005, 07:43 PM
im 5 11 and i managed a whole race season on my pred 90. I was doing good until we ran into some suspension and engine trouble.

Sjorge450R
12-18-2005, 07:44 PM
and

QuadJunkies
12-18-2005, 08:45 PM
OMG!! :eek: I REALLY feel for you!! Your as tall as I am and I cant even imagine riding my Daughters mini! :o :ermm:

Was your motor due to your size being harder on the motor??

So........ How are you doing it and how old are you??

Sjorge450R
12-19-2005, 03:42 AM
Im 15 amd the main reason i did it was to gain some experience before I started racing my 300ex. If i didnt do it, I know that i would not be no where near as good as a rider that I am now. The main reason we had engine problems was due to muddy races clogging the stator other than that, it was just normal things that happened.

QuadJunkies
12-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
Im 15 amd the main reason i did it was to gain some experience before I started racing my 300ex. If i didnt do it, I know that i would not be no where near as good as a rider that I am now. The main reason we had engine problems was due to muddy races clogging the stator other than that, it was just normal things that happened.

MY Husband and I often talk about allthe wet/muddy conditions the minis run and wonder how in the world they even run sometimes! Liek the GNCC's for an example

My kids even so much even hit a big puddle on the track and it almost sucked water into the motor almost once . I take it things must be routed differently for the East Coast minis??

So did you have your seat refoamed to fit your height better ??Im not too worried abotu a stem ,at least I know they sell those but the seat Im just not sure about :confused:

Sjorge450R
12-19-2005, 04:10 PM
when i was at one race, i hit a tree stump, rolled it and bent the handlebars. Then i put some stock 50cc scramble bars on and that helped. As for the seat we just left it alone. Is your daughter complaining about the room or are you trying to just give her some more. Everyone always made fun of me because i looked so big, but because it was the first quad i rode, I thought that was the way it was supposed to be.

QuadJunkies
12-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
when i was at one race, i hit a tree stump, rolled it and bent the handlebars. Then i put some stock 50cc scramble bars on and that helped. As for the seat we just left it alone. Is your daughter complaining about the room or are you trying to just give her some more. Everyone always made fun of me because i looked so big, but because it was the first quad i rode, I thought that was the way it was supposed to be.

She does complain, but not too much casue she LOVES her quad ;)
She is just long legged ...SEE!! :p
Its not that she cant ride it anmore, she just needs to be more height adjusted when standing so shes not so hunched over over bars when trying to be arrgessive

Sjorge450R
12-20-2005, 04:02 PM
yeah, i was the excact same way. It just took some time to get used to it and then i felt comfortable. It was going over the jumps and hitting my knees on the handle bar everytime...lol