PDA

View Full Version : Changing PLastics color

pastfast125
12-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Anybody know of anything that will dye the plastic? not a paint, something that will actually soak into the plastics and not chip off? think something like they use on the interiors of cars? I'm looking for black.

lenart1491
12-24-2005, 01:39 PM
i have this paint i use for my plastics it works great specailly for plastic sufaces. its called krylon fusion paint it comes in many colors

Rip_Tear
12-24-2005, 03:46 PM
the only thing I can think of, for what you're saying is an oil, but it'd never turn the plastics back, it'd be just darker. It's not really something anyone does, it'd be a ton of work to change the plastics colour and money.

pastfast125
12-24-2005, 06:35 PM
I used the krylon fusion and I think it sucks...and gas eats it away, I spilled some gas filling up my scrammy that I painted with it, then went to wipe it with a rag, and it smeared all the krylon off..I think regular paint works better.

Crazy Diamond
12-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Do you have the stock plastics or aftermarket? Aftermarkets wont hold the Fusion paint at all. I have tried the black and haven't any problems with chipping or anything. And it scratches up just like the original plastic would also! LOL Haven't spilled gas on it tho. So I couldn't help ya with that.

Eddiesanders250
12-25-2005, 12:27 AM
if you want to chenge colors the only way to do it right is to buy new ones :D

Meghan Thompson
12-25-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Eddiesanders250
if you want to chenge colors the only way to do it right is to buy new ones :D

I agree with him it's definatly less hassle and over all you would probably like it better !;)

Crazy Diamond
12-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Buying new plastic is definately better than paint. They also take more abuse that stock. A little harder than stock to remove and install tho!