PDA

View Full Version : new ESR engine ordered

slick250
12-15-2005, 08:04 PM
I just ordered my next engine. I have been running a 310 in a stock cylinder resleeve. I called ESR and told them I do not want to be passed easily on a MX track, but I still want my R to tear it up hard in the sand dunes. They sold me on a 330 Powervalve engine with a 2 mil. stroker crank. They said it will pull harder than a 350 PV engine. Does anyone have any experience with this combo or seen any perform? I have an ESR 330 NonPV in my other 250R with the TRX11 porting and pipe and I love it for drag racing, but it has no bottom end. I orderd my 330 2mil. stroker with the TRX9 porting,( 38mm Air striker, Delta 2, and Sparks MX).

Hoppedrap
12-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Thats almost the same combo I have, but a +4mm crank. So far its been a verly solid combo. Pulls hard from bottom to top

beerock
12-16-2005, 10:31 PM
ya i havent said anything about it yet but i feel the 330 PV or NOT PV it revs faster then the 350pv. the 350 pv might have more torque but the 330 will out run it. Its really close though. I raced my buds curtis sparks 350 pv with 22" paddles on my 330 with 20" razors same gearing. we dragged from a rolling start iin about 3rd and when we got up to 5th I was lookin over and was like WTF i was pullin him a fair amount. we did this twice with same outcome. Esrt is not far off with that judgement. my bud doc and I were a bit umatched though.

doc, i know your on here maybe youll read this you def have to run them with 20's so were more evenly matched. That motor should beat my 330, unless they dont rev like a 330 does because of piston mass. we gotta go down that stretch of clay again , that stretch is fun, good traction too.

either way, I feel the 330 is a really reliable size and gie you a awesome amount of power. you can keep up with yz 450's and cr 250 dirt bikes!

slick250
12-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the input. There is not much to compare from in my area. I dont have any riding buddies with modified 250Rs.
Everyone runs Banshees and do not take the Rs seriously for making big power