PDA

View Full Version : No spark on C-Dale

trict_out
12-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I know this belongs in the ATK forum but i need some input tonight. We are tryin to get this cannondale to run after sitting so long. It is turning the motor over when we have it on the charger but it just doesnt seem to want to spark and come to life. Spark plug? Starter? Coil? what could be wrong. We have NO experience with cannondales and this one is a full built baldwin engine. Anything will be helpful. thanks.

rollie
12-15-2005, 07:57 PM
bad spark plug maybe?:confused:

kicken250x
12-15-2005, 08:08 PM
have you pulled the plug to see if it isnt getting spark or are you guessing? if you have and know the plug isnt sparking stick a screw driver in the cap and lay it aginst the block to see if it sparks then (DONT HOLD IT). check all your grounds, pull them off sand around the bolt hole and what ever attaches the wire to the bolt and put a star washer between the ground and the frame to KNOW u have a good connection. make sure all the plugs are pluged in tight. check for any frayed/cut wires. check the resistance in the plug wire with a DVM. if there still isnt anything happening check the coil with the test procedure in the manual and a DVM. if the coil checks out see if there is something to do with the FI system that keeps the coil from sparking there might be a bad crank/cam sensor (i guess is what they use) that wont tell the computer when to fire. that should get you started check back if that doesnt do any good

hnnblehscnnble
12-15-2005, 08:23 PM
pull plug put a new one in,turn over with plug out and tank off to see if any oil blows out.hold a rag over the hole unless u want free willy to blow oil all over ya.sometimes they get oil on the piston from siiting because of bad check valves.check all connections.does it have fuel,filter clogged?need more details.

kyle

Sandgod4
12-15-2005, 09:38 PM
If you have no exprience w/ Dales and you tried to start it by giving it some throttle that will foul a plug. That is the number one thing not to do.. Also before you try to start it just tap the start button. You should hear the fuel pump make a slight noise. It is priming the system. Now just hit the button and don't give it any throttle. You could turn the idle up 1/4 turn to help it start..