PDA

View Full Version : Quick review on the Stage 2 HotCam

JhallettEX
06-28-2002, 04:07 PM
Well boys you have been askin now here it is. I got the cam in and installed. I then had to do a vavle job .15mm and .20mm. It was farly easy. I finally got around to riding. I broke it in by going around the track for about 20-30 min and then I opened it up. One word, amazing. This thing hits so much better than the xr400 cam. It pulled very hard from 3rd gear on up. I didnt really notice that much of a loss in the bottom end, if I did it will make up for it when I get my Sparks X-6 exhaust. Anyways wish I could tell you all moe but I am off to the Bar. See ya

Wired
06-29-2002, 08:27 AM
Woohoo! thats what i wanted to hear! :D

06-29-2002, 01:58 PM
I thought the stage 2 was a drop in cam? What did you have to do to your valves? I am just about ready to order my stage 2 hot cams but I don't know much about vavles? Do you mean you had to adjust them? I can do that much. What is the valve adjustment with the hot cam? Is it the same as stock .004 and .005

VegasEx'r
06-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Yeah I think he maens he just had to readjust the valves. they run a little looser than stock @ .15mm & .20mm (in/ex)

Ex'r Marlin
06-29-2002, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the update Josh (JHallett)! I know you were anxious in getting a different cam.... I know you had to wait longer than you wanted and expected to get it, but it sounds like your patience paid off on this, huh?:cool:

Glad to hear the great news. Best of luck with the recent mod. Wow, now you have so much done to yours, I will not have a chance against you when I come to Nebraska!!!:grr

JhallettEX
06-30-2002, 10:19 AM
Ex'r if you want to keep up man you better be spending some money with Dusty and Kolby otherwise your guna be breathin alot of dust. j/k

Anways guys I had a big race here yesterday and was very impressed with my new found power. The cam worked excellent. The race consisted of 9 quad battleing over about $800 total purse for our class. I won just about every holeshot except for the first one and that was b/c I started dead last (9th) I did however to the 3rd spot out of the first turn and stayed there until the whoop section threw me from the bike on the last lap, I ended up in 9th. That sucked.

The second heat race, I started in the 1st position and won the holeshot but was past of the straight away by the 465ex that was racin, then again by a 440ex that is faster than sh**, this kid ended up winnin the whole thing. I finshed 4th in this race, which I was happy with.

Then the main I started in the 4th postion and got 2nd place on the holeshot, I am thinkin this cam is awesome, this has never happened before. Anyways I held on to the entire race for second just to be past on the last lap by the 465ex so I ended up 3rd that race.

All ans all I finished 4th overall for the day.

Thanks guys.

tayz34
06-30-2002, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info on the cam and how it worked and stuff. i was just wondering who makes the stage 2 cam becasue i wanna get one, and were can i purchase one and how much are they. thanks for the help and good job racin

VegasEx'r
06-30-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by JhallettEX
Ex'r if you want to keep up man you better be spending some money with Dusty and Kolby otherwise your guna be breathin alot of dust. j/k

Hey I'm all for spending money for toys :D , if you want to help the cause you can help me convince my wife of my need...

I went on a quick ride yesterday, and I am quite impressed w/ the HC2. The bottom end feels about the same (it was always powerful), and the mid & top pull a lot harder now. It also revs tons quicker. I can't wait to take it to the dunes. I think my jetting is pretty close (42pj, 175 main, don't remember where my needle is). This week I will do a little more "tweaking" w/ the jetting.

TrX465
06-30-2002, 03:47 PM
dang 465's always pass'n people

JhallettEX
06-30-2002, 08:27 PM
Tays give Kolby a call at C&D Racing he will hook ya up with a great deal on a HotCams stage 2. Tell him I sent ya. 308-696-7805