PDA

View Full Version : TC worth all green?

Burnt12
12-15-2005, 05:27 PM
i am lookin into a new exhaust and ive been hearin about the tc pipe. i contacted them today and they said the 06 is is gonna been a better pipe than the 05 also around 10hp gain too. but the are sayin its gonna be a lil over 600.

is this that good of a pipe to spend all that dough?

R3Concepts
12-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Starts with "N" and ryhmes with "go"...Seriously there are a lot better pipe makers out there then TC.

raptor88
12-15-2005, 05:57 PM
if you are going to pend $600.00 on an exhaust, I would atleast get an rossier, or a woods :blah: :D :D

Bu defenitly not on a TC :ermm: :ermm: :huh :huh

Jersey450R
12-15-2005, 06:11 PM
i love the tc's exhaust and its look, but imo they create a flat spot in the midrange. but with the right motor work, they can be better. all my buddies run them but i ride a hmf.

an exhaust is an exhaust to me, they all make more power for ya

400ex45
12-15-2005, 06:27 PM
how are the lrd pipes for the 06 i was thinking about getting one of those. i was looking at sound and if you put that quiet core in it they said it would be 96db which seems good for a full system

Lonestar_R
12-16-2005, 08:21 PM
hell go buy a supertrapp pipe, cut it off put a CT sticker on it and there you have it.......better yet I'll do for ya and I'll only charge 500 bucks.....instead of 600

yfzmotox68
12-16-2005, 08:49 PM
i have a tc pipe on my yfz and i love it, i had a yoshi and they suck. and a tc pipe and a supertrapp are the same thing, the tc shorty anyway

Burnt12
12-16-2005, 09:01 PM
you got a website for those supertrapps

Diedrich
12-16-2005, 11:48 PM
supertrapps and tcs are different...tom modifies them..and they are good pipes especially for mx..anyone who says they suck are crazy...they are really loud but i like loud pipes...$600 aint too bad...any decent pipe is gonna run ya atleat $450ish

prepracing
12-17-2005, 04:11 AM
way over priced for the pipe, they perform average but nothing spectacular on any quads I have seen or rode with. And yes loud is right, some places you can't even run them due to the decibals

400excracer
12-17-2005, 10:36 AM
TC does great motor work, but his pipes are below avg. and loud as H***. Try a White Bros pipe. Their quality cant be beat, and are consistantly one of the best power producing pipes on the market. Another one to look at is the Bub C-4. When people say that they are all the same just pick one, that is bull****. If all pipes were created equal, why isnt everybody running a stock pipe? Or for that matter, the least expensive pipe. I dont know about you, but i dont have $500 to spend on a pipe because it looks or sounds cool. I want something that creates the most usable power.

R3Concepts
12-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by 400excracer
TC does great motor work, but his pipes are below avg. and loud as H***. Try a White Bros pipe. Their quality cant be beat, and are consistantly one of the best power producing pipes on the market. Another one to look at is the Bub C-4. When people say that they are all the same just pick one, that is bull****. If all pipes were created equal, why isnt everybody running a stock pipe? Or for that matter, the least expensive pipe. I dont know about you, but i dont have $500 to spend on a pipe because it looks or sounds cool. I want something that creates the most usable power.

I disagree..Tom is a great guy, and he knows his stuff, but some of his work suffers..The port on our TC CRF Lonestar Hybrid looks like a 6 year old did it..I could have done better with a die grinder.

jrspawn
12-17-2005, 12:43 PM
wow, ive never heard of a TC job like that. Ive had and ran quite a few of TC engine's and loved them. The exhaust all performed goo too, from my hybrid tc exhaust to the 450r one. One of my close friends Gil, who has ran there engine's forever basically has always had good luck with him. His honda nd yamaha engines both put out serious HP. He stands by his riders too. I think most people's problem is putting a full out race exhaust on a stock engine, you need to tune evrything, and must of his naitonal pipes are built according to his national engine's. My opinion, Tom is a great guy and has a great product.

Justin

Burnt12
12-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
way over priced for the pipe, they perform average but nothing spectacular on any quads I have seen or rode with. And yes loud is right, some places you can't even run them due to the decibals

i talked to him on the phone and he told me that his new 06 pipe will be right around 99dec so it will be alot quieter i guess