PDA

View Full Version : ford taurus door

Hondadudeehhhh
12-15-2005, 02:45 PM
well today i hit someone's car in my truck. Kind of sucks but oh well shiat happens. We got a bunch of snow and everyone was throwing snow at eachother, the parking lot was pretty rediculous but we were all having fun. Anyways in all this chaos after i threw a couple snow balls i got in my truck to go home, i looked behind me too see if anyone was there and no one was there. So i proceeded to back up and bump! I guess some kid backed right up behind me and he was pretty much invisible to me. Well anyways we get out and check out the damage, my truck didnt even have a scratch. The kid's taurus's rear left door was smashed in. I'm thinking it could be dented out but who knows he may need to get a new door. We exchanged insurence and all that, our parents talked and everything is cool. I was wondering how much a driver side rear door would cost to replace? My princepal said about $2,300 and i was pretty shocked. I feel pretty bad i hit the kid cause i know it was my fault but how much do you think it will cost our insurence company? I've never dealt with anything like this so im curious as to what is going to happen.

killen them all
12-15-2005, 03:05 PM
junk yards are nice!!!!!

stiffy
12-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Dang I wish you posted this a few weeks ago, I know you couldn't have, anyway I just scrapped a running Taurus not a scratch or dent on the whole thing what is the year on the taurus the whole car may be worth $2300 but not a door that's bs. good luck dude.

Hondadudeehhhh
12-15-2005, 06:23 PM
2002, its actually a pretty nice taurus. I don't know though, buying the door, labor, and paint. All that stuff adds up

12-15-2005, 06:37 PM
kinda reminds me of the time my mom backed her expedition onto a cars hood so bad the bumper hit the windshield. She said she didnt even feel it till she heard the windshield cracking lmao

It totaled that car n didnt leave one scratch on hers.

TheFontMaster
12-15-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm learning auto body, I'm in my second year at a vo-tec school. 2300 for just the door is absolutley rediculus. Here is my best try at a quote for parts and labor.

Used junkyard door, 150 dollars.

parts Labor/hours Paint

Used junkyard door 150
take off old door put on new on 3 hours

prime door .5 hours 1 pint
base coat door, blend into quarter
and front door 1 hour 2 pints
Clear front & rear door & quarter 1.5 hours 3 pints

labor rate is 43 dollars an hour 6 hours-258
Paint 25 dollars a pint 5 pints- 125

total 533

That should give you a better estimate of what it takes to fix what is wrong. I don't have the books that say how long it takes to put on take off a door, and how many hours you are charged to paint each panel so my quote will be off from what the real price will be. Keep in mind if there is a problem with a door, like dents that need to be fixed, stuborn parts etc there will be more in the labor. Paint cost varies depending on what paint is on the car. But it's 25 dollars a pint that I remember being what they use as a base to estimate. I think I missed something along the way, i think it will be a couple hunder more than my quick estimate right here.

Hondadudeehhhh
12-15-2005, 07:08 PM
well what my princepal told me is the expensive part was her lock system got messed up. So if something beyond the actually door is screwed up then $2,300 doesnt sound too rediculous

MR.BIG
12-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Damn I work for ford if I was at work right now I could tell you exactly how much it cost. PM me if you want and I can tell you Monday!

Hondadudeehhhh
12-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
Damn I work for ford if I was at work right now I could tell you exactly how much it cost. PM me if you want and I can tell you Monday!

thanks dude, ill do that.

kicken250x
12-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I'm learning auto body, I'm in my second year at a vo-tec school. 2300 for just the door is absolutley rediculus. Here is my best try at a quote for parts and labor.

Used junkyard door, 150 dollars.

parts Labor/hours Paint

Used junkyard door 150
take off old door put on new on 3 hours

prime door .5 hours 1 pint
base coat door, blend into quarter
and front door 1 hour 2 pints
Clear front & rear door & quarter 1.5 hours 3 pints

labor rate is 43 dollars an hour 6 hours-258
Paint 25 dollars a pint 5 pints- 125

total 533

That should give you a better estimate of what it takes to fix what is wrong. I don't have the books that say how long it takes to put on take off a door, and how many hours you are charged to paint each panel so my quote will be off from what the real price will be. Keep in mind if there is a problem with a door, like dents that need to be fixed, stuborn parts etc there will be more in the labor. Paint cost varies depending on what paint is on the car. But it's 25 dollars a pint that I remember being what they use as a base to estimate. I think I missed something along the way, i think it will be a couple hunder more than my quick estimate right here.

that shouldnt be a blend job, with the car being an 01 the factory paint wouldnt be faded so panel painting would be fine on that car. most likely you could find a car from a junk yard that is the same color and swap the doors unless it messed up something other than just the rear door (quarter panel, driver door) which it shouldnt unless you just slammed the gas. there are no key holes on rear doors so there is no worry with swaping those out all the glass, window motors and lock selenoids will come with it so it would be a plug and play deal

TheFontMaster
12-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
that shouldnt be a blend job, with the car being an 01 the factory paint wouldnt be faded so panel painting would be fine on that car. most likely you could find a car from a junk yard that is the same color and swap the doors unless it messed up something other than just the rear door (quarter panel, driver door) which it shouldnt unless you just slammed the gas. there are no key holes on rear doors so there is no worry with swaping those out all the glass, window motors and lock selenoids will come with it so it would be a plug and play deal

It would still most likley have to be blended. The paint that you buy is usualy a little off from the factory color, so there is always the chance that you will have to blend.

stiffy
12-16-2005, 10:59 PM
There is a company here in Utah that sells body parts you could check them out it's call interstate you would have to search I'm not sure of the website

G Impala 63n70
12-17-2005, 06:08 AM
I work at a salvage yard, we have dozens of tuarus doors, like 150-200 pending you'd be out the door with a new door..2300 is actually kind of funny he must have no auto backround.