PDA

View Full Version : EHS Racing Airbox Lid

KRMit
12-15-2005, 09:30 AM
http://www.ehsracing.com/EHS_WEB/Products/AirBox_Covers/TRX450R_EHS_ABX.aspx

It seems rather expensive at $95. Is it worth it? I don't really want to ditch the lid altogether because we ride in dusty conditions a lot. Will the Outerwear on that lid get clogged often? I was thinking the best of both worlds would be to use that lid but drill a couple holes in the back so you get mostly filtered air in the box, but can still breathe when it gets clogged. But I don't see a good spot to drill any holes. Any opinions?

http://www.ehsracing.com/EHS_WEB/Images/INTENSA/Airbox_Covers/trx450r/trx450r_lside.jpg

jlm996s
12-15-2005, 10:16 AM
I just have my lid cut like the HRC lid and I've got an Outerwear lid cover that fits over the lid. I works really well and it doesn't have a problem with getting clogged up. A lot cheaper than buying the EHS lid too!

KRMit
12-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by jlm996s
I just have my lid cut like the HRC lid and I've got an Outerwear lid cover that fits over the lid. I works really well and it doesn't have a problem with getting clogged up. A lot cheaper than buying the EHS lid too! Where can you get that cover?

jlm996s
12-15-2005, 10:26 AM
I got mine through my local dealer, but I'm pretty sure Rockymountainatv.com sells them. You could also check C&D Racing...sure they can get them also.

KRMit
12-15-2005, 10:29 AM
It just slips over like a hair net? If so that sounds like exactly what I need. Then I can just remove the lid altogether and run the Outerwear over the whole surface. That's a big enough area it shouldn't get clogged.

kbass24emtp
12-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by KRMit
It just slips over like a hair net? If so that sounds like exactly what I need. Then I can just remove the lid altogether and run the Outerwear over the whole surface. That's a big enough area it shouldn't get clogged.

Yes, it just slips over the airbox. It also will not clogg, even in really dusty conditions. Just make sure to rejet when you remove the airbox cover.

jlm996s
12-15-2005, 11:16 AM
I just slip mine over the lid itself and then just put it on like you would a regular lid.