PDA

View Full Version : how competative?

rider250ex
12-14-2005, 08:52 PM
hey. i was just wondering how competative you guys and girls think our R's still are in MX? i bought my R last year and am rebuilding it from the ground up right now and will be racing it in the C class this year. I know in the c class any quads can be competative due to the huge differences in rider ability but you just dont see many people racing them at all anymore.

georgedoggy
12-14-2005, 11:03 PM
the 4 strokes are easier to ride and drive thru corners very well, but the 250r is still the best handler. i go up the inside of 4strokes all day on the mx track they just handle better in my opinion. remember its the rider not the bike....

wilkin250r
12-15-2005, 09:55 AM
They are still competative, and can be just as fast as any out there, but it takes a lot more rider work to make them perform.

4-strokes are just easier to ride, there's no question about that. Smooth powerband, great low-end power, no feathering the clutch. And now, with the new generation, the 4-strokes also have the the top-end HP and performance that used to give the 2-strokes the advantage.

While you're racing, you have to pay attention to your powerband, feather the clutch, try not to brake traction, all the while trying to find your line. The 4-strokers just have to find their line.

Sure, the 250r can be made just as competative as any other quad out there, it just requires twice the work from the rider.