PDA

View Full Version : LSR Swinger

dirtriderex
12-14-2005, 08:49 PM
I am riding for Lonestar and was wondering if there swingarms are any good for XC, and what length is good for stock suspension?

Pappy
12-14-2005, 08:50 PM
LSR makes a great swing arm and linkage combo, but if your not shooting for that expense, thier standard stock length swing arm should bode well for your intended usage.

ThumPIN_450R
12-14-2005, 09:33 PM
if you're gonna stay stock length and not switch to a LSR holz or walsh style link why not just keep using the stock swinger and get a GT thunder or derisi link with a aftermarket or revalved stock shock? it's lighter any ways and unless you broke you're stocker I really don't see much of a reason to switch.

WhiteZee
12-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
if you're gonna stay stock length and not switch to a LSR holz or walsh style link why not just keep using the stock swinger and get a GT thunder or derisi link with a aftermarket or revalved stock shock? it's lighter any ways and unless you broke you're stocker I really don't see much of a reason to switch.
exactly, that would make no sense to buy an aftermarket swinger and use the stock shock, unless you broke the stock swinaarm.

markk
12-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
I am riding for Lonestar and was wondering if there swingarms are any good for XC, and what length is good for stock suspension?

Hey man! I purchased Johnny Gs 05 GNCC quad, And my swinger looks very strong, with a light weight design. I dont have stock suspension, But its a +.5 LSR swinger with a GT Thunder Linkage, and Single rate Axis shock. And its the best feeling rear setup that i have ridden yet!

parkers30
12-15-2005, 02:11 PM
I believe by stock suspension I think he means front suspension, he was looking to upgrade the rear shock last time I talked to him

dirtriderex
12-15-2005, 06:46 PM
It makes sense, if I get a arftermarket swinger I should get the long travel suspension. just don't know if a rear shock is worth the $800:ermm:

ThumPIN_450R
12-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
It makes sense, if I get a arftermarket swinger I should get the long travel suspension. just don't know if a rear shock is worth the $800:ermm:

The shock would actaully help performance, all you're gonna get with an aftermarket stock length swinger is a heavier chromoly replacement of you're stock aluminum swinger that if you're not changing length of is not helping any thing but looks. If a better looking swing arm is worth 575$ (taken straight from lonestars website with standard silvervein finish with no brake line) then that is perfectly fine but it will not at all help performance with the stock shock and length. What I would and have done myself is take that money and get a quality revalve with a linkage from JH, Derisi, GT thunder, C&D ect and stick on the stock swingarm and race like that. I've raced a full season on every type of track imaginable with my Derisi revalved rear end and it works great and I feel it is the best bang for the buck. That is until I bolt up my PEP shock with my LSR outlaw rear end that should show up any day and then I will tell you which is more worth the money :D

motoman00440es
12-18-2005, 03:53 AM
The outlaw system is the way to go it rides so much better than any link set up

ThumPIN_450R
12-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by motoman00440es
The outlaw system is the way to go it rides so much better than any link set up

That's good to hear now I just need mine to show up :D