PDA

View Full Version : trx250ex

danni
12-14-2005, 11:12 AM
hi do you know where the oil filter is on a trx250ex thanks danni

300exOH
12-14-2005, 11:19 AM
The 250ex doesn't have an oil filter. Just a screen inside the engine. It can be removed and cleaned but I'm not sure of the steps without looking at a service manual. Generally you just change the oil as normal maintenance.

250ex>Civic
12-14-2005, 11:22 AM
I think its just a screen and it doesnt actually have a filter, the screen doesnt need to be replaced unless you are doing a rebuild and thus I think it is near the carb somewhere.

danni
12-14-2005, 11:35 AM
ow my machinic orded me an oil filter for it he recons they have two of them danni

bwamos
12-14-2005, 12:27 PM
The 250ex doesnt have an oil filter.

It does have the transmission screen filter and sifter. You have to split the transmission cases to get to them.

As the others have said, just keep the oil clean. ;)

danni
12-14-2005, 12:50 PM
ok then thanks.
so if a trx250 ex dont need a filter why do they sell oil filters for that make quad.
so many peeple have told me different things i just want to know if it has 1 or not.
i have lookes in all of the front part of the engine and cant find anything so i think i might go with what you have told me thanks again danni.

300exOH
12-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by danni
ok then thanks.
so if a trx250 ex dont need a filter why do they sell oil filters for that make quad.
so many peeple have told me different things i just want to know if it has 1 or not.
i have lookes in all of the front part of the engine and cant find anything so i think i might go with what you have told me thanks again danni.

The people who are telling you the 250ex has an oil filter either don't know waht they are talking about or they are confusing it with the 250x. There is definately only a screen in the bottom end of the engine. It is #6 in this pic. I thought I read that there's another filter screen in the clutch but I'm not positive. Just keep clean oil in it and you'll be fine.

Quiksilver01
12-14-2005, 01:42 PM
i think i know what shes talkin about like rockymountainatv sells an oil filter for the 250ex even though there isnt one so your dealer might be confused

danni
12-14-2005, 01:50 PM
thankx very much that diagram is very helpful is that for the 04 model or are they the same.
another thing does anyone know what this stage 1 jetting kit is like and what exhurst system would you recommend also i was curious of the horsepower for this quad

300exOH
12-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by danni
thankx very much that diagram is very helpful is that for the 04 model or are they the same.
another thing does anyone know what this stage 1 jetting kit is like and what exhurst system would you recommend also i was curious of the horsepower for this quad

The pic is from an '01 but as far as I know the '04 is the same. If you want to check out the parts diagram for the '04 check here: www.planethondaracing.com under honda oem parts in the middle of the page.

HMF makes a nice system for the 250ex but it's pricey. I'm not sure about the stage one jet kit but any pipe manufacturer you chose should be able to set you up with proper jetting. Not sure about the horsepower. I'm thinking around 12-14.