PDA

View Full Version : what are the best nerf bars for a 300ex?

99'300EX
09-26-2001, 03:18 PM
i was thinking about gettin nerf bars, what kind do u have and what do u think is the best?also can i keep my gaurd with them??

Foxrage
09-26-2001, 04:20 PM
I like the ac i think they look the best. The dg r kinda ugly and the graydon is kinda weird lookin.

kc 300EX
09-26-2001, 04:44 PM
i have DG steel series, and i can tell u honestly i hate them, i apsolutley love havin nerf bars, they are great, but mine just suck.........i ride VERY rocky places, and on the steel series the tabs stick out, and i break off and bend tabs like crazy

BUT, DG isnt all bad, my cousin has the alloy series on his 300EX, i think they are awesome, they look really good, and dont have the same type of tabs, the tabs dont get bent or broken like mine, i would suggest the DG alloy series, only down side is you have to get rid of the foot guards, unless you feel you can modifie them to make them fit, wich i have seen done is, its all up to you though

one more thing...........if you get a nerf bar that allows you to keep you heel guard, and u decide to remove the heel guard, there will be a danger of getting your foot stuck between the tire and the peg, id imagine that is very painful

On my DG nerfs that cant happen, you can actually rest your foot on the nerf bar behind the peg