PDA

View Full Version : My Dad and work

JRP
12-14-2005, 10:49 AM
alright well my dad jus got moved up to general manager at his job about 4months ago.. every thing has been goin good untill recently.. nnow hes soooo stressed out he throws up in the morning before work and im kinda gettin creeping me out.. i dont know what to do.. i dont know if this could be life threating or whatever.. any suggestions would help.. thanks, jordan pepper #107

coolex
12-14-2005, 11:03 AM
if he does it for a really long time for like another week or so its a problem because the acid in ur stomach after a while can erode holes in your esophogus

this happens to some young kids first goin to skool they will throw up or have dieria for abouyt a week or week and a half

this is caused by stress

12-14-2005, 11:24 AM
damn whats he do for a living? time for a career change possibly.

Mxjunkie
12-14-2005, 11:58 AM
My dad just went thru the same thing, he had a heart attack and had to get surgery.

He's the head man of a 10 million dollar additon to his work and going thru a nasty divorce :ermm:

SGA
12-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Theres not enough info here. Is dad stressed all the time, is he having wife-GF probs? Are you giving him a hard time or a brother or sister?

I guess the best thing to do is when you two are alone is say: Dad, im worried about you throwing up every morning and thats not healthy at all. I want you to be around for awhile. Is everything ok and is there anything I can do to help you out?

Other than that theres not much you can do.

JRP
12-14-2005, 01:07 PM
well i jus got home and me and my mom were talkin bout it.. she said he has always had a nervous stomach.. so i guess hes jus really nervous.. and he dosent throw up everyday maybe twice a week.... he owns a styrofoam comapny... Mid-Atlantic Foam.. hes the general manager and i guess hes jus nervous about makin a mistake.. thanks, Pepper

Hondadudeehhhh
12-14-2005, 01:12 PM
i have acid reflex, he may have the same thing. Normally it only gets bad around exams and occasionally i will throw up. I can't drink pop anymore because of the erotion that happened to my esophogus (sp) just like coolex said. It sucks but when you chill out it goes away. I would recomend prilosect. That stuff was awesome when i was real stressed out about my grades last year. Now i don't worry so much because i have been getting good grades and really have nothing to stress about. The feeling of acid reflex is like you are going to puke all day, normally i didn't but sometimes it just feels better to get it out. Probably what your old man is doing so he doesnt feel sick all day

400ex28
12-14-2005, 02:24 PM
yeah, i have acid reflex and it sucks

bulkdriverlp
12-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by JRP
well i jus got home and me and my mom were talkin bout it.. she said he has always had a nervous stomach.. so i guess hes jus really nervous.. and he dosent throw up everyday maybe twice a week.... he owns a styrofoam comapny... Mid-Atlantic Foam.. hes the general manager and i guess hes jus nervous about makin a mistake.. thanks, Pepper alright well my dad jus got moved up to general manager at his job about 4months ago..

wow, does he own the company or is he the general manager?? start a job...4 months later you own it. ask if he wants my resume

JRP
12-14-2005, 03:20 PM
hes the general manager.. hes been workin there for 15yrs..

Toadz400
12-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by JRP
hes the general manager.. hes been workin there for 15yrs..

So if he owned it, why is he just now becoming the general manager? Am I missing something here? Or does he not own it at all?:confused:

Tell him to get on some medication for his weak stomach.

JRP
12-15-2005, 07:49 AM
my bad i wasnt makin my self clear lol.... he dosent own it.. hes jus the general manager.. and hes doin better... he jus started throwin up like this week.. so he dosent do it alot..