PDA

View Full Version : need help...look at this

400exrider0004
12-13-2005, 10:03 PM
I need help deciding between CFM's Aluminum Airbox, and Insane Performance's Aluminum Airbox. I am leaninng towards the CFM because there are no modifications involved except drilling holes in the subframe for one of the tabs so the airbox can attach. The Insane Performance airbox has to have drilling and wire modifications. I also learned that the CFM houses the voltage regulator and Insane Performance doesn't, if that makes a difference? Now heres that catch...the CFM airbox is 170.00 dollars while the Insane Performance airbox is 100.00 dollars. Even though I'd rather have a well built product that will last over something that is a waste to have. Have any of you had any experience with either of these companies? Also I would be getting the airbox with the lid, so I dont have to re-jet, or will I still have to re-jet? Currently I have still have the air box lid on. Here are the pictures and links to both....
http://www.cfmracing.com/trx400ex.html
http://www.insaneperformanceatv.com/400ex.html

Heres the picture for CFM....

400exrider0004
12-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Heres the picture for the Insane Performance ATV airbox....

Rootar
12-14-2005, 11:16 AM
i have a CFM oiil tank for my 416 and the welds and quality are amazing its just awesome craftsman ship on the tank but i cant speak for the airboxes but i would definetly buy more stuff from cfm without a doubt

benbuilt4u
12-14-2005, 02:16 PM
i have the CFM airbox on my 2005 and my freind has that other one on his.

He seems to get a extremely dirty filter and that thing will suck water quick. but on the flip side it is a clean install with no snorkel but you will not get all the electronics to fit in the box.

I have the CFM and i think it does it all it bolts right up uses the stock snorkel so i can still hit the creek and all my electronics fit nicely inside.

There is a ONE problem with the CFM if you have a 05-06 the 400ex rear caliper was pushed up more on the rotor then the 99-04 so it will mash one side of the airbox in were it hits the caliper. I have my airbox mashed on the right side from this and just used spacers to stop the problem. :D

400exrider0004
12-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all your help! I just ordered the CFM ALuminum Airbox w/lid about an hour ago. It should be here before Christmas. Thanks for all your help...I will keep you posted. I plan on doing a new thread on the installation and how I like it and if it's a good modification to have! I also should be recieving a Denton Rebuildable Steering Stabilizer in the next two weeks or so. I will also keep you updated with that.

Thanks again!