PDA

View Full Version : 400EX motor cutting out at revs

Quadfather
06-28-2002, 08:33 AM
I could use some help here. I ran my quad all day a week ago, and it was running great, as usual. I brought it home and washed it immediately, as usual. I took it out today, to put a fender kit on it, and ran it up and down the street. It runs fine at about 1/4 throttle, but if you rev it any higher, it bogs out. If you don't let off of the throttle, it stalls, but if you do let off, it stays running. Any ideas?

Any and all info greatly appreciated. I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Razorback
06-28-2002, 08:39 AM
this may be dumb, but is it possible that your choke is partially on? or the fuel knob is not turned all the way down? the choke thing happened to me one day and i ended up changing plugs and looking at several other things before figuring it out. your problem just sounds like it's having problems getting fuel.

also, check your filter to make sure something hasn't gotten clogged. i doubt it's either of these, but they are the simplest things to overlook.

Punk13rym
06-28-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by RazorbackEXRider
this may be dumb, but is it possible that your choke is partially on? or the fuel knob is not turned all the way down? the choke thing happened to me one day and i ended up changing plugs and looking at several other things before figuring it out. your problem just sounds like it's having problems getting fuel.

also, check your filter to make sure something hasn't gotten clogged. i doubt it's either of these, but they are the simplest things to overlook.

my friend was cleaning out his air filter and found a mouse in it(not alive) no wounder it didn't start. no joke

carlj75
06-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Check your fuel level, or put it on reserve. I thought something was wrong with mine, but it turned out that I was just a little low on gas.

Quadfather
06-28-2002, 12:51 PM
Sorry to waste you guys' time. Right after I posted the question, I went out to check the air filter and poke around, and lo and behold, my choke was moved about 1/4" up. I started it up, and she's back to normal. Thanks for all of the input.

OutlawEX
06-28-2002, 02:41 PM
hey man i know what it is i bet...Mine did the same thing check ur screw's where ur slide is in the carburator...Mine came out and all what it would do was go 1/4 throttle...But check ur slide screws