PDA

View Full Version : Need quick info about Brute Force 750 !!!

Quad18star
12-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Alright ... who's got any type of info about the Brute Force 750 ??

I have a guy that's interested in trading for my YFZ 450 .

Are there any known problems with this bike ?? This bike has 28" tires , winch and a few other little things like a locker that isn't installed yet .

I basically want to know the pro's and con's of this quad . My buddy just bought a brand new one , and he has not enough miles on his for me to get a good report from him . The owner says he's only got about 5 or 600 miles on it and about 30 hours of use .

ANY type of quick info would be appreciated .

Jay300ex
12-15-2005, 09:08 PM
We sell and service Kawasaki at work. The BF750 is a killer machine. The 05's just make sure it had the steering knuckle recall already done on it. Those powerplants are so strong you shouldn't need to modify it. Most of the 650's and 750's that come in that are modded run like crap. Better left stock. And if you get a lift kit, get a good one not just a suspension lift.

Very powerfull, tops out at like 73 stock. You can wheelie them for sure, just don't do a 12'oclocker for a long time it will starve the engine of oil. If you into sport ute's this is a good choice.

_grinch_64
01-13-2006, 06:42 AM
Had a chance in the fall to ride several new atv's through awsome 15 minute trail with everything from mud, scary technical up and down hill, rast rutted woods seaction and a long loose gravel fire road. The worst thing about the BF compared to the others there was the handleing. It was scary on technical terrain (and not because of the power...it'sexcellent). The guy who owns it is aware of the other problem.....the stock diff locker is akward at best. When locked, steering is hard and you are stuck with one less finger on the bars??? Cool looks, awesome motor, poor storage, stupid diff locker.

Derag2
01-13-2006, 09:38 PM
I have a brute force and I love the bike, it is a little tipsy on uneven ground but you learn how to ride it its fine....... The locker might not be the best idea, but really you should be turning the wheels much at ful lock anyways, thats how you break axles........

If you want a sport utility it don't get much better, although mine won't go 70 stock but its got plenty of power.....

_grinch_64
01-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Derag2
I have a brute force and I love the bike, it is a little tipsy on uneven ground but you learn how to ride it its fine....... The locker might not be the best idea, but really you should be turning the wheels much at ful lock anyways, thats how you break axles........

If you want a sport utility it don't get much better, although mine won't go 70 stock but its got plenty of power.....

Lot's of power no doubt....were I ride if you are not able to turn in the mud you would either have to back out and wave bye to your buddies, or go strait off into the woods. None of my friends have ever broken an axle. All I'm saying is it is hard on a brute force modulate the diff locker while trying to hang on with 3 fingers. I found myself having to let it go or hold it all the way in and could not hold it partialy locked in the rough stuff were we need to turn. Don't get me wrong....in 95% of the area's that we ride the brute may lead the pack, but were we go to test when a buddy gets a new atv has banks laden with rocks, roots and ruts and climbing up out of these mud holes, over these banks, is technical and has consiquences if you don't make it. On that day 4 of us tried on the Brute and nobody got all the way through. A polaris 700 made it look pretty easy as did my Outlander (I have 25" Mud Light XL's), a King Quad, an Arctic Cat 500 and a Rubicon. Another Rubicon with bald tires, and the Brute had to turn back....

MudMonsterGrizz
01-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I hate those lockers on the Kawi's...get a tie wrap and lock that thing up! :devil:

Derag2
01-15-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by _grinch_64
All I'm saying is it is hard on a brute force modulate the diff locker while trying to hang on with 3 fingers. I found myself having to let it go or hold it all the way in and could not hold it partialy locked in the rough stuff were we need to turn.

You really shouldn't hold it partically in, you'll wear the thing out then you won't have a locker period...... just like a clutch you slip it to much and your done.....

_grinch_64
01-16-2006, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Derag2
You really shouldn't hold it partically in, you'll wear the thing out then you won't have a locker period...... just like a clutch you slip it to much and your done.....

I've been told several times (by sales people) that partial engagement is the whole purpose of the lever, so you can modulate it.....if not then it makes even less sense?.......Don't mean to beat this topic to death.....

chevy19
01-16-2006, 06:43 PM
they are a great quad lots o power and great for wheelies!