PDA

View Full Version : Pro Quads Stadium Series Cancelled for 2006

Admin
12-13-2005, 05:42 PM
(12/13/05) – It is now official, the Clear Channel Pro Quads Stadium Series has been cancelled for 2006*, which is a huge disappointment to the fans and the racers. An official press release from Clear Channel on the reasoning for cancellation is expected to be released before the end of the week, but it wasn’t from lack of effort from Clear Channel.

The past few years Clear Channel has pumped plenty of money into the series by shipping in plenty of dirt to build bigger and better tracks, which has turned it into a premiere series, but without the outside support from all the manufacturers, Clear Channel is forced to call it quits, atleast for 2006, but hopefully things will be worked out between now and 2007 and the Pro Quads Series will not join the Mickey Thomson series as part of ATV racing history.

*The ATVriders.com news release on the Pro Quads was directly from a phone conversation with Jim White, the competition director. Jim White and I spoke shortly after a meeting held between Dan Allen and other Clear Channel representatives where it was decided the Pro Quads Series would be cancelled, and I was instructed to release the information publicly.

jgracing
12-13-2005, 06:51 PM
that is a bummer... ive been looking forward to the round in st louis ever since my season got over. anyone know of other big stadium races around illinois?

yfz93racer
12-15-2005, 10:55 AM
that sucks:( i also was looking forward to seeing some proquad events..... last year at the edison field it tottaly sold out!!!! was hopeing for the same thing this year well atv scene is saying other wise and supposably it isnt official.......:(

jgracing
12-15-2005, 02:49 PM
yeah i just called my sponsor cuz i was ticked about the news but we did some research and id like to note that it is not for sure cancelled.. but it is getting down to the wire... news on the subject will be posted soon on ********

quad9
12-19-2005, 12:28 PM
i have a buddy that works for Clear Channel, i will call him tonight and see if he has any info about this.