PDA

View Full Version : What do you know about the Polaris Trailboss 330

Elyk
12-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Sorry I have to keep posting different threads but my sister cannot make up her mind on a quad. So What do you know about the trailboss 330. For instance, the suspension, dependibility, speed,et..., and can you put normal rims on them I found some on motoworldracing.com same size and everything but will the work??? Probably just flat land riding nothing huge in the dunes. What is your opinion????

cds
12-14-2005, 10:32 AM
My mom has a 2003 trailboss 330. She loves it.

The suspension is plush. It's great for slower speed riding. When I want to blitz, I jump on my ex.

Dependable-yes. We haven't had to do fix anything on it yet.
And this is coming from a fairly diehard Honda fan.

Speed? Top speed isn't all that great (45-50mph maybe). It has more low end acceleration than I would have expected from a 500lb quad with a 330cc engine.

We haven't taken ours to the dunes (yet) because we are using it as an agricultural vehicle. I've seen lots of them at Silver Lake, MI.

Personally, I would want a faster quad for running around the dunes (faster than my ex), but I think the trailboss would be great for just cruising the dunes.

The trailboss is the quad that we put our non-riding friends on when they come over. It's still a good enough quad that about anyone can have fun on it.

We use ours mostly to run around our farm and haul firewood.

We picked it over the Honda Recon because Mom wanted "a little more quad."

I think it's a great quad for the money. They aren't terribly expensive, even if you buy a new one. We bought ours barely used from a guy (only 3 tanks of gas had been run through it) for 60% of what a new one costs.