PDA

View Full Version : screen thing at the tip of my HMF anybody have it?

yellow400ex05
12-13-2005, 04:45 PM
I ordered my pipe with no spark arrestor or quiet core and i looked into my pipe and just at the tip where you can't see from far away is a screen and I never asked for a spark arrestor. do you lose any hp in having this in there?

I looked at my brother's HMF pipe and it was fine with nothing there. plus his pip os a slip-on. I wanted my pipe to be all ready for racing in the spring so I think I'm gonna take it out.

tp300ex
12-13-2005, 06:03 PM
ill take it lol:devil:

Cody_300ex
12-13-2005, 07:43 PM
It will not happer the performance of the quad what so ever, use common sense do you think a little bitty screen is really gunna hurt? Nope. Some racing series even require to have one in your pipe or you can't race. I have yet to see a pipe shoot out a big enough flame to make a forest fire, but it could happen, especially if the quad is too rich. I would just leave it in. Better safe than sorry.

bwamos
12-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Just leave it in.

On a high performance or Drag quad you'll notice a difference in power. But on the 250x it's not even going to make a 1/4hp difference. Just leave it in. You won't have to worry about catching anything on fire if you backfire.

But, if you really really dont want it.. they are easily removed.. just a few screws and it's out.

IOWAracer
12-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Mines out on my warrior jsut because the sut got on it and it started looking bad so I took it out. It dosent make a difference liek everyone else said will cut back your sparks though DUH:D lol