PDA

View Full Version : polishing questions???

kicken250x
06-28-2002, 02:42 AM
lets play a million questions here lol.ok, im out of school and just sitting around on my butt doing a whole lot of nothing getting fat and i need something to do. so i decided what i want to do im gonna start polishing stuff! but i have a few questions berfor i start and get my self in trouble! what is the best way to go about it? i have heard a few ways of doing it but which is the best? time is really no object for me cuz i have nothing planed for about a month and a half. i want something as close to a mirror finish if i can get it. how much is it going to cost me? i have like a huge dremel tool and some striping wheels for that but what other wheels will i need? what kind of maitanance am i going to have to do to it? can i get some kind of clear coat in a can to keep it from turning colors? what type of polishes do you recomend? last thing if you have any bad experinces while doing it, tips ect. please tell me because i want it to look good. thanks alot for any help you can give me.

thanks,
kicken

honda400exrider
06-28-2002, 09:33 PM
well i would get mothers alumimun/mag polish first of all. im not sure what u want 2 polish so if u told me i could give further, directions, i could help u a lil more.

exriderdude
06-28-2002, 09:54 PM
another chris waters thread:rolleyes:

kicken250x
06-28-2002, 10:03 PM
yea lol i sent chris a pm but i wanted to see what yall have to say. i wanted to do like my case covers both sides motor mounts an if i see its not as hard as i thought then ill go from there. so thanks for any help!

later
kicken

CBW
06-29-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by exriderdude
another chris waters thread:rolleyes:

didnt know i was that annoying:blah ,,,,,

anyhow kicken go to www.eastwoodcompany.com and click on metal finishing/buffing and they will have some things to help you out,,,,,small wheels, compounds, etc......

Tommy 17
06-29-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by CHRIS WATERS

didnt know i was that annoying:blah ,,,,,

u most not know a whole lot then ;)

haha j.k chris... ur the polishing/powder coating king!!

kicken250x
06-29-2002, 12:06 PM
i think im going to go buy some buffing wheels tonight and find something that i took off that i dont really care to much about messing up on to make a practice run ill let yall know what happens if i go get them. and thanks for that site chris now i have a better idea on what to go buy.

thanks alot
kicken