PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Jetting

jt29
12-13-2005, 03:53 PM
I did a search and did not come up with what I was looking for. I am running an aluminum air box with a lid and K&N air filter. I still have the stock pipe, but I cut all the guts out of it so it is open. What size pilot, main jet and needle setting would you guys recommend running or what have you guys found works the best?

Chino886
12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by jt29
I did a search and did not come up with what I was looking for. I am running an aluminum air box with a lid and K&N air filter. I still have the stock pipe, but I cut all the guts out of it so it is open. What size pilot, main jet and needle setting would you guys recommend running or what have you guys found works the best?

listen to the bike....if it bogs, you need smaller....if it backfires, bump it up a bit.....or you could do a plug check....or you could put it on a dyno for some $$$$$

there are too many alterntives when jetting to tell you what jets to use....a good pilot to start at would be 42...

cavalierkid03
12-13-2005, 04:20 PM
i have a 2005 400 and i'm runnig a k%n and a lrd pipe and i went with a 150 main so try it i also ran that 150 with a slip on to and it ran great so try that the best i can tell you