PDA

View Full Version : Gncc Sport Class Honda 300ex $3000

countypark
12-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Here is some new pics as it sits in the garage today. It hasn't been detailed since before the Powerline Park GNCC and after the race I just hosed it off so it is a little dirty. I always washed the quad after every ride or race.

The quad is a full race XC machine. It has +2+1 a-arms and the suspension has been CAD designed for optimum suspension travel. It utilizes stock length 400EX front shocks with a custom upper shock mount bracket. This suspension has been developed over the past 5 years and is about as good as it gets for a 300EX. It is very comparable to the geometry that you will find on the 250R or the new 450R's. The a-arms are fully adjustable for caster and camber. An adjustable Denton steering stabilizer helps soften the steering through the rough stuff.

It also has 4X1 offset Douglas Ultimate rims with 22 inch Razor 2's. The rear tires are 20 inch razor 2's on stock rims.

The swingarm bearings are new as well as the carrier bearings. The front wheel bearings are tight as well as the tierod ends. 2 of the ball joints have some minor play in them but they would last at least half a season of racing. They can be bought at http://www.amstarmanufacturing.com/ for about $35 each.

The front shocks are ELKA triple rates with compression adjustability. The rear shock is a custom valved Dual Rate fully adjustable (comp/rebound) White Power shock which was redesigned by Laz Sommers at GT Thunder. http://www.gtthunder.com/ perhaps one of the best quad builders in the country today. Just ask Bill Ballance or John Natalie.

The rear swingarm is a stock swingarm that was lengthened +2. I just installed new swingarm bearings and the rear carrier which is a dual row billet has new bearings and seals also, The chain is a new RK X-ring and the sprockets are new 14x38 gearing (1 race on them). I just installed a TM Design Works chain slide.

The clutch has 3 races on it. The engine has never let me down. It was built by myself using a Four Stroke Tech 330 Big Bore Kit. It has a TC XC Grind cam in it. The engine came off of a 2002 300EX and is in top shape. I installed a custom oil cooler and I never raced this quad without first changing the oil. I always run CASTROL GTX 20W50 oil and I change it religiuosly. The Exaust is a MBRP Powertech 4 stainless steel Slip on used with a Supertrapp racing header. It is an excellent exhaust and it is not too loud.

It has a gripper seat cover and Maier plastics. The plastic does not have any breaks in it and is pretty good shape and it stll shines pretty well with a little mop and glow added to it.

Some other Extras,

AC RACING Wide Grab Bar, Bumper, Swing-arm skid, Belly Skid and nerf bars.

Renthal 250R bend handlebars with TMM Bar Clamp(Tom Miller Motorsports)

Pro Design Kill Switch

SS front brake lines

The frame, swingarm, hubs, and steering stem have been powdercoated.

I did have to replace the stock swingarm mounts this summer as they are a point of weakness on the 300. I replaced them with chromemoly steel, you will notice that they are a slightly different color blue on the pics. The frame has been gusseted and strengthened in the common weakpoints around the front shockmounts, footpegs and rear shockmount.

My number is 814-825-2992

Tom Bobrowicz

countypark
12-13-2005, 03:33 PM
It would cost at least twice what I'm asking to build this quad from a stocker.

This quad finished in the Top Three at 8 of 9 GNCC races this season in the Sport Class and secured 2nd place for the season.

countypark
12-13-2005, 03:34 PM
ANOTHER

countypark
12-13-2005, 03:35 PM
ANOTHER

countypark
12-13-2005, 03:43 PM
swingarm mounts

countypark
12-16-2005, 05:26 PM
This person has spent $3000 for parts to build his quad.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196466

countypark
12-19-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm thinking about putting it the paper.

elementryder
11-08-2006, 07:20 PM
still for sale will you go any lower what year is it

Jon114xxx
11-27-2006, 02:40 PM
how far away are you from Frederick MD? I have a 2002 blaster plus some cash that i would be willing to trade for your 300ex.... Let me know

countypark
12-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Sorry,

Decided to keep it