PDA

View Full Version : hrc kit for 05 trx

KAZAL
12-13-2005, 02:30 PM
can anyone that actually has a kit on tell me there experience ??i have an 05 and its getting the kit put on now .. is it going to be alot louder??? Is it going to effect reliabilty at all?? any truth to the rumors that the quad will stahll out more now at idle because of the cam?? has anyone put the hrc kit on and wished they did not?? Im looking for pros and cons please !??!!! feel free to email me or Im me to chat ..chriscapo9@aol.com

MAD450r
12-13-2005, 03:11 PM
You will want to put a pipe on that adds lowend if you trailride or you'll want to run a 13 tooth front sprocket since your use to having some lowend there that wont be there with the kit installed.

I picked mine up with the kit installed. Coming off a 416ex I can say wow I was amazed at all the power.

Yes its going to be a bit louder, but not like a pipe make it. Even a quiet core pipe will be louder than the hrc end cap, but the stock exhaust is robbing you of alot of power.

Here's my .02 ride it that way for a few months get it dialed in to your liking for the power delivery. Then down the road pop on a rossier exhaust, if you dont mind a super loud pipe I love my sparks.

KAZAL
12-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Hey thatk you very much for the info ! can i expect any downsides to the kit? like reliabilty or idiling issues?? So from what you are saying is i will basically loose my low end torq. completley? Think i should change to a 13 before i even pick it up? or get it then chage later ? just curious... i rode a banshee for many may yrs this is my 1st honda my 1st 4 stroke so to be honest im a lil clueless on them thanks for all your help!!!
chris phila pa

OKTRX450R
12-14-2005, 12:12 PM
I run a 13 on mine and I like it much better. Seems to put the power where I like it. You will lose some top speed with the 13t; I have heard 10 MPH.

I have not regretted the HRC kit once and I put it on when my bike was 3 weeks old.

Get a full exhaust and you will really love it.

I have not had any idling problems with the HRC kit and actually your post is the first time I have heard that.

KAZAL
12-14-2005, 12:20 PM
ook thank you for your info also./ so am i rite in thinking if i prefer more top end i should have left in stock??? I dont know that i will enjoy loosing 10 mph on the top end matter a fact i was hoping to gain mph ... it seems as tho if i have to put a 13 on with the hrc kit then by adding the 13 i loose mph maybe this kit was not what i was expecting ... I definitley 100% did not want to loose any mph ... Im wondering if i should just call becasue they said they werent starting the work until tomm anyway ill sell the kit if need be ..

MAD450r
12-14-2005, 03:39 PM
So if your use to riping the rpm's up more than it did in stock form. I am on the limiter all the time in the feilds with mine. I rode stockers and say 7000rpm or so and its not pulling anymore. With the hrc 3rd gear is so short.

TRX520RIDER
12-14-2005, 06:39 PM
HUGE diffrence yes it will stall out if idling for a while but other than that no it will be louder and you better be able to hang on will easily beat a stock yfz

OKTRX450R
12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
I think you are confusing top end with MPH...the top end is the upper 1/3 of the rpm range for EACH GEAR not just 5th. If I remember correctly 5 gear WFO is 78 MPH...and you are worried about it dying when idling around???

You will be fine with the HRC kit, a front sprocket is about $15 and you can change it in under 10 minutes...try it both ways and see what you like. If you think the cam does not fit your style, but it is a top end cam, then you can easily sell it and buy a HC II.

I still have no idea what you are talking about stalling out at idle? Do you mean it dies just sitting there or dies when you are putting around? If it dies sitting there you have jetting issues or need to turn the idle up...if it stalls when you are putting learn to ride it better and feather the clutch.

KAZAL
12-14-2005, 08:19 PM
No what im trying to say is that i have heard from 2 maybe 3 people that the quad will no longer IDLE as well it will constantly stahll out when it is just IDILING , from what these guys are saying all with 05 trx 450s they were all complainihg about there quads not iddiling nearly as good with the kit they cant start it and walk away any more or stop on a trail and let it idle for a few mins cause it stahlls , I was asking if there was anyone else that had this prob. or these dudes were bull****ting .. as for the top end questions what i was asking is will i loose top speed meaning if my quad is going 75 mph now what is the truth to it loosing as much as 10 mph or the top end?? who the hell would want to loose that much mph??? and how in the world could u loose 10 mph as stated in that post why would anyone put these kits in if you loos 10 mph!!! i was just looking for pros and cons to the kit i have heard many people say just leave it alone the kit is a waste .. I know 1 guy that even took the kit off and went back to stock becasue he said it felt like **** ... these were the questions I was hoping to get answered as my quad is currently sitting at the dealer getting the kit put on I pick it up fri morn wont ride to sunday tho but was hoping for some insights from guys that actually know

400exrider707
12-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by KAZAL
No what im trying to say is that i have heard from 2 maybe 3 people that the quad will no longer IDLE as well it will constantly stahll out when it is just IDILING , from what these guys are saying all with 05 trx 450s they were all complainihg about there quads not iddiling nearly as good with the kit they cant start it and walk away any more or stop on a trail and let it idle for a few mins cause it stahlls , I was asking if there was anyone else that had this prob. or these dudes were bull****ting .. as for the top end questions what i was asking is will i loose top speed meaning if my quad is going 75 mph now what is the truth to it loosing as much as 10 mph or the top end?? who the hell would want to loose that much mph??? and how in the world could u loose 10 mph as stated in that post why would anyone put these kits in if you loos 10 mph!!! i was just looking for pros and cons to the kit i have heard many people say just leave it alone the kit is a waste .. I know 1 guy that even took the kit off and went back to stock becasue he said it felt like **** ... these were the questions I was hoping to get answered as my quad is currently sitting at the dealer getting the kit put on I pick it up fri morn wont ride to sunday tho but was hoping for some insights from guys that actually know

Your confusing me with your retardedness! (no offense)The only way you will lose 10mph is with the 13 tooth front sprocket. If you keep gearing the same and get the HRC kit, it should ideally have the same top speed as before, but get there much faster. Engine mods will not yield higher MPH. The only way to get more MPH's is to change tire size, gearing, or rev-limiter. You could do just the 13tooth and no hrc kit, that will feel more powerful cause of the more acceleration, but your losing top speed. Just do the HRC kit and leave the gearing stock! If it seems like its trying too hard to pull the gears than drop it to the 13 tooth.

OKTRX450R
12-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Sorry Kazal...I thought you realized from my first post the 10mph loss is with the 13T sprocket not the HRC kit...

400 is right the only way to change speed is with gearing...motor will never change speeds...mph that is.

There are several in our group running the HRC kit and you just have to adjust the idle up...mine has no problems dying while sitting there warming up???

I have not heard anyone say on the 04/05's the HRC kit is a waste...I know it is not ideal for the XC guys and they go with the HCII instead.

We ride dunes and the HRC kit is the way to go unless you want to get more radical with a Johnson or Web cam...

KAZAL
12-14-2005, 09:57 PM
no need for name calling just becasue we arent all experts like yaself ...
oktrx thanks for the info.help .. im 31 yrs old with about 10 years on banshees so this is all new to me some people say a quad is a quad is a quad but i say no they are definitley all diff. but anyway thanks again for the help i mainly trail ride with some long straight aways 2 of em are about 2 miles long so that is why i have no intrest in loosing any mph ...

shamisc
12-15-2005, 05:17 AM
Since you trail ride, you can either get a slip-on to bring back the bottom ( Dr.D is obviously my choice ) or like someone said earlier, buy a HotCams stage II and sell the HRC. The HRC cam doesn't really come on strong until the upper-mid and top-end. The HotCam or the '02 CRF cam works great for trail riding, they both give you great all around power. Either way you go, you'll like it alot better than stock with or without a slip-on or new cam! It just will take a little getting use to!;) If your jetting and idle adj is right, it will idle fine.

OKTRX450R
12-15-2005, 06:56 AM
No problem Kazal...I agree I think the quads are completely different animals. Like I posted before a 13 tooth front sprocket will cost you about $15 and you can change it out in under 10 minutes. Trust me, it is worth trying both of them out. You will be amazed at how you can lug the R around compared to your Banshee...

A 2 mile stretch is pretty LONG and I can understand you wanting to fly 5th WFO...

Personally I did not feel I lost much bottom end on a local trail area...if you feel you need more bottom that is where the 13T will come in handy. I changed to the 13 front because it gave me more of a two-stroke powerband/feel...not the same, but put the rpms up where I like to run.

Other options are full exhaust, slip on, mid-comp piston. I prefer the full exhaust and the mid-comp piston so you can still run pump gas.

Just get out there and try it out and let us know what you think!

MAD450r
12-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Now if you have the hrc kit and keep stock tires/gearing you can get a higher topspeed with a new rev limiter. Only reason I didn't change mne yet is warrenty.

I still have warrenty till 08 then i'll go through the entire motor add high compression piston and change rev limiter. Thats the only 2 things I still want to do with my 04 450r.

As for this stalling issue thats false, or they dont clean there airfilter after every ride. The hrc kit comes with a cut lid that lets alot more dirt, and crap into the air box. This turn requires more cleaning. With a dirty filter yes it will not want to idle as well as it did before.

Now that being said if you keep your filter clean and had your jetting done right it'll idle as it did in stock form. Mine does.

400exrider707
12-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by shamisc
Since you trail ride, you can either get a slip-on to bring back the bottom ( Dr.D is obviously my choice ) or like someone said earlier, buy a HotCams stage II and sell the HRC. The HRC cam doesn't really come on strong until the upper-mid and top-end. The HotCam or the '02 CRF cam works great for trail riding, they both give you great all around power. Either way you go, you'll like it alot better than stock with or without a slip-on or new cam! It just will take a little getting use to!;) If your jetting and idle adj is right, it will idle fine.

Does anyone here have the specs for the different cams? I thought the HC stage 2 was almost identical to the HRC, but a tad less agressive. If you want that bottom end power get a stage 1. It hits really hard!

400exrider707
12-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by OKTRX450R
No problem Kazal...I agree I think the quads are completely different animals. Like I posted before a 13 tooth front sprocket will cost you about $15 and you can change it out in under 10 minutes. Trust me, it is worth trying both of them out. You will be amazed at how you can lug the R around compared to your Banshee...

A 2 mile stretch is pretty LONG and I can understand you wanting to fly 5th WFO...

Personally I did not feel I lost much bottom end on a local trail area...if you feel you need more bottom that is where the 13T will come in handy. I changed to the 13 front because it gave me more of a two-stroke powerband/feel...not the same, but put the rpms up where I like to run.

Other options are full exhaust, slip on, mid-comp piston. I prefer the full exhaust and the mid-comp piston so you can still run pump gas.

Just get out there and try it out and let us know what you think!

What would you consider a mid-compression piston to be? Are you talking about keeping stock compression or going lower?

OKTRX450R
12-15-2005, 12:59 PM
12-13:1 is what I consider mid-comp...anything above 13 would be high-comp...

I have ridden an R with the HCI...great for a tractor!!! Way toooo lllooooowwww for me...but, different strokes for different folks.

raptor88
12-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Sorry Kazal...I thought you realized from my first post the 10mph loss is with the 13T sprocket not the HRC kit...

400 is right the only way to change speed is with gearing...motor will never change speeds...mph that is.

There are several in our group running the HRC kit and you just have to adjust the idle up...mine has no problems dying while sitting there warming up???

I have not heard anyone say on the 04/05's the HRC kit is a waste...I know it is not ideal for the XC guys and they go with the HCII instead.

We ride dunes and the HRC kit is the way to go unless you want to get more radical with a Johnson or Web cam...

You can add top speed by engine, the HRC kit will let your engine rev. up to 1000 rpm's higher, wich will make your top speed go up becuase your engine is spinning faster. supposavley its supposed to atleast 50hp after, but I think youd be better off, just going with a pipe, and mabye a pro design intake, and some jetting. Rather them the HRC kit, but thats just my oppinion???:D :D :D

OKTRX450R
12-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by raptor88
You can add top speed by engine, the HRC kit will let your engine rev. up to 1000 rpm's higher, wich will make your top speed go up becuase your engine is spinning faster. supposavley its supposed to atleast 50hp after, but I think youd be better off, just going with a pipe, and mabye a pro design intake, and some jetting. Rather them the HRC kit, but thats just my oppinion???:D :D :D

I believe you are referring to the 06 model and the CDI jumper wire...this is for an 05 and the HRC kit can not add another 1000rpms to the bike without changing out the CDI.

So, if we are going to be particular here are the ways to change top speed:
Gears, transmission gears, front sprocket, or rear sprocket...also, tires affect your gear ratio too. A higher reving CDI allowing extra rpms...I believe that is all the ways you could change your top mph...many other mods can you to your top mph faster but not change the top mph.

400exrider707
12-15-2005, 10:56 PM
I believe you are referring to the 06 model and the CDI jumper wire...this is for an 05 and the HRC kit can not add another 1000rpms to the bike without changing out the CDI.

So, if we are going to be particular here are the ways to change top speed:
Gears, transmission gears, front sprocket, or rear sprocket...also, tires affect your gear ratio too. A higher reving CDI allowing extra rpms...I believe that is all the ways you could change your top mph...many other mods can you to your top mph faster but not change the top mph.

Exactly, he just restated what you and I already said........:rolleyes:

400exrider707
12-15-2005, 10:57 PM
12-13:1 is what I consider mid-comp...anything above 13 would be high-comp...

I have ridden an R with the HCI...great for a tractor!!! Way toooo lllooooowwww for me...but, different strokes for different folks.

I loved that stage 1. Your right tractor is about the best word to describe it. I was able to pull 3rd gear from out of a corner at a near stop, and it just ripped right out of there!:eek2: Thats the low-end Im looking for right there!:macho