PDA

View Full Version : Need Quick Answer

FoxMxRiders
12-13-2005, 02:13 PM
I installed my White Brother R4 Slipon on my 400ex and seen somes exhaust loss where the slipon headers connect to the motor headers.

Does a exhaust gasket (honda oem) go here or this is normal?? because I don't know how to put a honda OEM exhaust gasket here if it need one.

Slipon header = female part
Motor Header = Male part

I can't insert the gasket in the slipon header because the gasket is too large and I can't put it on the motor header because motor headers will not go all the way in.

Need quick help

Thanks

Chino886
12-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by FoxMxRiders
I installed my White Brother R4 Slipon on my 400ex and seen somes exhaust loss where the slipon headers connect to the motor headers.

Does a exhaust gasket (honda oem) go here or this is normal?? because I don't know how to put a honda OEM exhaust gasket here if it need one.

Slipon header = female part
Motor Header = Male part

I can't insert the gasket in the slipon header because the gasket is too large and I can't put it on the motor header because motor headers will not go all the way in.

Need quick help

Thanks

do not quote me on this but I think you can get an exhaust clamp....

Rip_Tear
12-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
do not quote me on this but I think you can get an exhaust clamp....

Too late for not quoting you on it! :D Good thing you are right! :) If the clamp isn't going to do it you can get some steel shim (like paper but made of steel) or a non flamable substuite that will work.

FoxMxRiders
12-13-2005, 04:38 PM
yeah I was thinking about putting high temp silicon.We use it on snowmobile exhaust then that will probably work !!

Then I can't use my Oem Gasket??

FoxMxRiders
12-15-2005, 07:11 PM
I want to know why I have exhaust leak where my slipon headers come on the motor headers ?? All is tight but I don't have a gasket.

I don't want to put hightemp gasket because I will tard if for a Yosh Slipon and the guy that will own it don't want hightemp gasket.

Anyone can help me??

Chino886
12-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by FoxMxRiders
I want to know why I have exhaust leak where my slipon headers come on the motor headers ?? All is tight but I don't have a gasket.

I don't want to put hightemp gasket because I will tard if for a Yosh Slipon and the guy that will own it don't want hightemp gasket.

Anyone can help me??

alright, you have got me royally confused....take a picture of what you are talking about and then maybe someone can help...

FoxMxRiders
12-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Sorry I don't have a pic but will explain it.

On a slipon,you have the pipe part and a little 6inch headers that will connect to your OEM headers.

Where they's pipe are connected,I have exhaust leak on my White Brother R4 slipon.I don't have gasket and the yoshimura slipon have one but I can't put one on mine.I don't know why I have exhaust leak ... someone can help me?

Chino886
12-16-2005, 12:46 PM
try this maybe....

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/viewLargerImage.do?prodImage=c/chmbrseal.jpg

FoxMxRiders
12-16-2005, 02:19 PM
When you buy the R4 slipon,what is there to prevent exhaust leak?