PDA

View Full Version : 400EX bar controls

01EX
12-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Has anybody had any problems with the controls mounted on ur bars for the 400ex such as the kill switch control or engine start control. The left hand control is junk on my 01 EX, i can mess with the switch for the headlights and the headlights flicker and turn off, WTF is up with that? :rolleyes:

Chino886
12-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 01EX
Has anybody had any problems with the controls mounted on ur bars for the 400ex such as the kill switch control or engine start control. The left hand control is junk on my 01 EX, i can mess with the switch for the headlights and the headlights flicker and turn off, WTF is up with that? :rolleyes:

get rid of it...a simple toggle switch is all you need for lights....then you can install a tether kill switch....for a start button, use a dirtbike kill switch...

if you need further instructions...feel free to do a search...you will find a lot more information than you asked for...

bwamos
12-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Agree.

Handlebar mount style toggle for on/off and lights. Can get one thats middle off, up on, down on + lights,
CR style pushbutton kill switch for starter
Tether kill switch for kill.

But,
You may just need to open up the plastic unit and clean the contacts.. it's probably just oxidized from being exposed to the elements.

12-13-2005, 10:57 AM
i had a short in the coard that goes to the head lights.

01EX
12-13-2005, 12:13 PM
yep it was definetly crusty in there, i took it apart in search of my missing sparkand factored out the kill switch bein the problem, and i ordered a new factory CDI box cuz it had a WB cdi in it and heard they arent the greatest. But i noticed that nothing in the controls really worked great so i will do the toggle switches, does anybody know a goodplace to get these other than ebay? for time purposes?

bwamos
12-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Dennis Kirk, WHite Bros, C&D, etc.. should all carry those parts.