PDA

View Full Version : 2006 GNCC Finalized Schedule & Rule Book for 2006 Announced

Admin
12-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Morgantown, WV (12/13/05) - The GNCC Schedule has been updated to include all the racing locations for 2006, and the revised rulebook has been released with many new rules and class changes announced, so here is a brief overview of some of the changes racers can expect to see in the upcoming year.

The class to see the most changes for 2006 is the highly competitive and controversial 4-Stroke Stock Class. In the past two years, the 4-Stroke Stock Class has rapidly advanced to be the premier class in the morning race with the class dominating the podium in 2005 with Billy Good and Jarrod McClure consistently finishing in the top three overall, but these top riders and others will no longer be able to compete in the 4-Stroke Stock Class in morning next year.

To level the playing field in 2006, the 4-Stroke Stock Class has been split into a 4-Stroke C Class, which will remain in the morning, and a 4-Stroke Stock A/B Class, which will now race in the afternoon. In addition, the Stock Class rules have been seriously modified to limit the number of modifications and enhancing products allowed in any of the stock classes (4-Stroke, Utility, Youth). Tireballs, Flexx Handlebars, aftermarket footpegs, steering stems, automatic clutches, and shock revalving have all been clearly banned from any stock class. Also, shock springs can only be OEM from the current or previous year’s models.

The big change for the Pro Class for next year is the mandatory 13 races to be eligible for the Championship, which would have eliminated Bill Ballance this year from winning the Championship when he missed Yadkin Valley Stomp due to his leg injury. The class championship eligibility will remain the same for the ProAm(11) and Amateur(9) classes with the Youth ATV increased to 6 which will still allow for 4 throwaways with the schedule increased to 10 races with the Orange Crush, General, Missouri, and Charlestown added to youth schedule.

By popular demand the Sport Class (0-350cc) has been moved to the morning race, which will hopefully revitalize the class, which has been fading the past few years

The ATV Youth Class names have been reassigned and the 90cc Production Class (8-15) has been split into an (8-10) and (11-15) age group class. Also, 4-stroke engine displacement has been increased to 125cc for the 90cc Production Mod Classes.

To view a complete list of rule changes and revised schedule, be sure to visit www.gnccracing.com (http://www.gnccracing.com)

Flynbryan19
12-13-2005, 08:38 AM
I think this will help the stock class alot! Before I would think alot of people were to intimidated by the level of skill in the stock class. Adding a C class to stock sounds great!

gpd005
12-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Yeah, i think that will make a big diffrence for people who would like to run the Stock class. It was just way to advanced to be in the morning class in Op.

300exOH
12-13-2005, 10:44 AM
How will moving the sport class to the morning help bring more riders to the class? Just curious since I have thought about trying out the sport class. I had heard before that it was a good class to start out in because of the starting order.

gpd005
12-13-2005, 10:46 AM
When the sport class was being ran in the morning i think people mave have been intemidated (SP?) because they had to race with the pros. So by moving it to the morning it will be with the amature racers rather than the pros! I think it will help the turnout!

300exOH
12-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by gpd005
When the sport class was being ran in the morning i think people mave have been intemidated (SP?) because they had to race with the pros. So by moving it to the morning it will be with the amature racers rather than the pros! I think it will help the turnout!

That makes sense. It would be a little nerve racking racing with pros. Plus then you can watch the pros after you run the sport class. I wonder what order they will start the sport class in?

96mojave
02-22-2006, 05:51 PM
iam going to build a 345 mojave and race it in the sport class. i hope to make it to the north carolina race this year