PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush Heisman Winner

DaleJrFan
12-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Who do you think will land Bush this year in the draft? Houston sucks pretty bad and those easy field goals that "magically" missed just keep helping them out for that first round #1 overall pick come April. Bush showed alot of class saying he wouldnt pull a Eli and said he would happily play for what ever team drafted him. I kinda hope the Packers would get him but we will see.

Bush0102
12-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Houston will get him...they've got a half decent quarterback but they need a playmaker in the backfield.

Hopefully Tennessee can suck enough to land Matt Leinart. Most of the worst teams have big money contracts with new QBs (San Francisco, Houston, Green Bay, NYJ) but i'm worried the Saints will ditch Aaron Brooks to draft him.

300extreme#8
12-12-2005, 08:20 PM
I believe he earned it, but i really can't say Young didnt deserve it either, QB has alot more on their shoulders then RB's but i'm sure we'll be seeing more of them both in the pro league

Butters
12-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Bush is good, but i wish Vince would have got it. :(

Hondadudeehhhh
12-12-2005, 08:31 PM
I hope Detroit loses the rest of our games and picks up Vince Young. The Saints dont need s quarter back, Tennesse does so they will more than likely pick up leinert, Houston of course will pick up Reggie (who i think will carry the texans to a winning record next year) and that leaves detroit who will more than likely pick up a reciever :scary:

zforcefx
12-12-2005, 08:34 PM
He deserved it but i cant wait to see what Vince does in the rose bowl hes gonna have a little chip on his shoulder and try to prove that he was the real heisman it should be a good game.

DaleJrFan
12-12-2005, 08:40 PM
I could see Leinart fitting good for theTitans. But I really like what the Bengals did with Palmer by beching him for a year to learn the system before throwing him to the wolves. The Packers need to start working in Aaron Rodgers to replace Farve and improve the running gave with a solid back(Bush). Gado is coming on good strong but another Heisman winner in Lambo would put them on the right track.

As for Young, I think he is a great college player but he reminds me of Vick, great runner but dosnt have the NFL passing game.He could be successful on the right team, but again, it will take time. I think it would be in his best intrest to stay in school for another year and really work on his accurcy and maybe this time next year my opion will change. Heck, what do I know, I said Chris Simms would never make it pro and here he is 4 years later starting and winning with Tampa Bay.

Bush0102
12-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
I hope Detroit loses the rest of our games and picks up Vince Young. The Saints dont need s quarter back, Tennesse does so they will more than likely pick up leinert, Houston of course will pick up Reggie (who i think will carry the texans to a winning record next year) and that leaves detroit who will more than likely pick up a reciever :scary:

Vince Young already announced he's staying at Texas for his Senior year. More than likely he'll be the heisman winner next year.

Also, keep in mind DeAngelo Hall from Memphis...he's like the number 2 draft prospect and goes unnoticed by most people who dont keep up with prospects.

The saints probably will need a quarterback, they talked about it on NFL Prime Time tonight. Aaron Brooks hasn't been playing very well lately, he might be on his way out.

Have you heard which reciever the Lions are looking at? You sure they arent looking for someone on defense?

And Vince Young should NOT have won the heisman. Sure, he carries more on his shoulders as a QB, but USC's schedule was tougher and Reggie was absolutely incredible in clutch situations. Vince will get it next year

Bush0102
12-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan
I could see Leinart fitting good for theTitans.

Especially since Norm Chow, USC's offensive coordinator from Matt's heisman winning season, is now the Titans' OC.:D

DaleJrFan
12-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Well lets hope that Young dosnt get caught up in the Heisman senior jinx. If he keeps cool, calm, and collected, and equals or imroves his numbers, he will have a great chance providing Texas has a good year as a team. If they go out and take some losses due to him throwing interceptions(which he is prone to do) and UT takes some close losses, Heisman voters will hang those losses on his head. Texas has had a great year so far, but next year OU's Adrian Peterson will be strong and if Brady Quinn comes back to ND, Young will have to really step it up and win.

DaleJrFan
12-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Where ever Lienart ends up, they need a good running game to take some of the heat off him. Bush and White have been great safety valves for USC(like they need them), but Lienart with a good offensive line and good play calling could out duel Reggie Bush for rookie of the year honors. Bush in Houston is probable, but their o-line sucks so we will get to see how much Bush resembles Barry Sanders having to dodge defenders in the back field then gain positive yards. I dont know how David Carr has lasted this long with all the sacks he has took over the last couple of years but again, Bush will take heat off of Carr with just a little blocking!!

300extreme#8
12-12-2005, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bush0102
[B]Vince Young already announced he's staying at Texas for his Senior year. More than likely he'll be the heisman winner next year.

Only thing he needs to worry bout is being injuried and losing all hope or chance of going to teh pros, and ending his career, happen to Allen fron ut vols he was in the draft then decided to stay his senior year and is out

DaleJrFan
12-12-2005, 10:13 PM
I just read a article on ESPN.com that said that Young is weighing his options. Mack Brown has got alot of NFL contacts and I am curious cause now if he pulls off a convincing win in the Rose Bowl, surely his draft stock will go up and he will decide then. Texas has got another great recruiting class started again this year but if they dont win it all this year, maybe it will light a fire under his butt and UT will be productive next year too.

Bush0102
12-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
Only thing he needs to worry bout is being injuried and losing all hope or chance of going to teh pros, and ending his career, happen to Allen fron ut vols he was in the draft then decided to stay his senior year and is out

Yeah i feel awful for Jason...i actually had a class with him and Parys Harrelson last year at UT.

Sometimes thats how life is though...Jason Allen could come out of rehab with fire, go through the combine, and walk onto an NFL team. You never know.

But Vince Young isnt ready for the NFL yet.

And if Leinart winds up with the Titans, he will have a decent set of backs to take some pressure off of him. Travis Henry and Chris Brown are having decent seasons and with a better O-Line would be in the highlights every week.

Hondadudeehhhh
12-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102

Have you heard which reciever the Lions are looking at? You sure they arent looking for someone on defense?

the reciever thing was a joke. :p the past 3 picks for round one have been recievers. none of these recievers have poven themsevles really, but then again you need a quarterback to throw to you. i think vince young would be good because he's ability and confidence to make plays. he knows how to run plays and he knows how to run plays that dont go as planned. but who knows, we may get a bad pick like number 8 and get a ben rothlinburger. :macho

Tommy 17
12-13-2005, 11:08 AM
i just wonder if Paul Posluszny is going to leave penn state this year as a junior and go into the draft... he'll def be a top choice winning the butkus over AJ hawk and stuff...

Rumor has it that hes leaving:(

i'm also kinda curious where robinson is goin to go... i imagine he'll be a top pick as a QB/all around player sorta like a heinz ward or a randell EL...

DaleJrFan
12-13-2005, 12:33 PM
ESPN.com had a mock draft on there last week for the first round if you want to go check it out. So many things can happen between now and the draft though. Last year there were alot of guys that were for sure first rounders that had a bad combine and then made some smart a** comments in the media and it hurt their draft positions. At least football isnt like basketball where you can go from a freshman or sophmore stright to the pros. It is kinda risky for Juniors to go pro early but if you got the talent, the NFL has the money!!

stumpleg
12-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Who says Reggie Bush is going to the draft? Maybe he will stay at USC. If he does, he might be a candidate for the Heisman Trophy again next year along with Young.

Cody_300ex
12-13-2005, 01:57 PM
But ya'll can't forget reggies only a junior he may stay and play for USC another year, which I think and Hope he does. It would further his knowlage of the game, experenice, strengh, skills, abilities, and get him more ready for the NFL. If stays I think he'll win the heisman again next year.

Bush0102
12-13-2005, 04:27 PM
If he wins the national championship he's gone for sure. What more could he ask for? 3 national title rings, a heisman trophy...he also said that it just wont be the same without Leinart there...

so i say if USC beats Texas, Reggie is gone.

DaleJrFan
12-13-2005, 05:45 PM
I am pretty sure he is gone even if they lose to UT. He is going to the the #1 overall pick this year in the draft regaurdless of the outcome of the Rose Bowl. If I was in his position, I would take the money and run!

Cody_300ex
12-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
If he wins the national championship he's gone for sure. What more could he ask for? 3 national title rings, a heisman trophy...he also said that it just wont be the same without Leinart there...

so i say if USC beats Texas, Reggie is gone.

4 national title rings and another Heisman trophy. Leinart did the same thing, got the heisman, won the rose bowl and stayed.