PDA

View Full Version : ATV XC and Harescramble map project

jshtex
12-12-2005, 08:05 PM
ATV XC / Hare scramble Mapping Project

http://www.frappr.com/atvracing

I am looking for interested parties to help me.

My son races XC here in Texas and with the recent pull out of the GNCC and WORCS series from our state I started trying to figure out where races were located to see if any were in traveling distance ($$$). I was exposed to this site (www.frappr.com) on an online forum. The site is really designed to let people mark where they are on a map and leave a message for anyone who cares. It seems that it will work well for what I am attempting to do as well.

Right now I have the GNCC series, WORCS series, our Texas ATVCCS series and the Arkansas AHSCS series. I plan to also include the Oklahoma OCCRA series and to add the 6 Hour and 12 Hour races when the locations are finalized. But obviously any events we can get on the map will only help the racers who use it. So all of these type races are welcome.

Although this map starts with the whole country you can zoom down to very small details, including satellite pictures if the data is available. So even though a state may get crowded you can zoom in and help separate the markers. A couple of things that I wish were different. The markers are generated by a zip code so if you don’t have the exact zip code and you end up using one close by the accuracy of the map falls off a little. But for the general purpose of seeing where a race is located it should still be accurate enough. But keep that in mind when you look at the map, the light gray locations might not be the actual location as they are generated by the zip code as well. Click on the race and read the associated text to verify the actual location. Second anyone can post a location to the map, I will try to monitor it and keep it cleaned up though.

If you (or you know someone else who might) want to include an ATV XC or Hare Scramble race on the map I would appreciate all the help I can get. Please limit this map to XC or Hare Scramble type races and for events which involve ATVs and the 2006 season. Truthfully it is very easy to setup your own map and include whatever you want, so I will remove any others.

If you would like to help please email me at jshtex@yahoo.com with the name of the race or series you would like to put on the map. I will email you back with some tips on how to do it so it will follow the general layout I have already started.

Thanks
Jeff

DJJ450r
12-12-2005, 09:36 PM
sent you an email

geogeorge
12-13-2005, 05:03 AM
The missouri list is up on this website.

www.mhscracing.com

That should help out. Looks like there is lots of racing in the midwest .

jhoppa
12-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Cool site. thanks for doing this.

QUADROOKIE
12-13-2005, 10:19 AM
WWW.IATVHSS.COM

Bset series in the midwest!!

jshtex
12-13-2005, 12:17 PM
I appreciate all the folks who have sent me some info about their race or series.

What I am really hoping for though is people who want their race or series on the map and are willing to put a little time into putting them on themselves. It really isn't hard, the worst part is finding the zip codes for the locations. And so far Google has been all I really needed.

If I can't find people that have the time to put the info on the map, then I will try to do what I can myself. It will just take longer.

But like I said, If you have something you want on there and you can help do it, please email me at jshtex@yahoo.com

DJJ450r
12-13-2005, 08:26 PM
MHSC series is now on the map:blah: i did mess up once, the one that says MHSC round 2 westphalia, MO could you delete that one:D i didnt change the zip code. and theres a gnnc and a mhsc at seymour MO lol

jshtex
12-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
MHSC series is now on the map:blah: i did mess up once, the one that says MHSC round 2 westphalia, MO could you delete that one:D i didnt change the zip code. and theres a gnnc and a mhsc at seymour MO lol

Thanks for your help! The map is really filling up. I took out the round 2 entry you wanted. I like the website info too, wish I had done that but at this point I'm not going to redo them all....

When we get the OCCRA locations in there it will really start getting tight.

Jeff

parkers30
12-14-2005, 07:50 AM
just so you know round 8 of the GNCC series has been bumped back to TBA

DJJ450r
12-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by jshtex
Thanks for your help! The map is really filling up. I took out the round 2 entry you wanted. I like the website info too, wish I had done that but at this point I'm not going to redo them all....

When we get the OCCRA locations in there it will really start getting tight.

Jeff

no problem jeff it gave me something to do:blah: i put the website info in there so people can get directions and such. This is a really cool map:cool:

red2004 TRX450R
12-14-2005, 12:56 PM
http://www.awrcs.com/

i will post it when dates are set!

jshtex
12-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R

Is it you that already posted the date that they have already set a location for. Cause if you did, you did it right!!! It wasn't hard was it. If you want to do more email me or pm me here and I will go ahead and send out my "tips". For instance if you mess one up you just have to redo it. It can't be fixed just deleted....

Thanks

Jeff

red2004 TRX450R
01-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R

dates are set!!!

jshtex
01-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the help.

FYI I noticed that by default the site only shows the first 50 locations that are entered. To get it to show the rest (60 something now) you have to click the show more link under the map or at the bottom of the member list.