PDA

View Full Version : WORCS Racing

d kelley
12-12-2005, 07:30 PM
What happened to the WORCS " race coverage" forum? Why cant I log on to start a new thead or respond to an existing one?

Admin
12-12-2005, 09:20 PM
You can respond to existing threads, but you can't start new threads in the race coverage.

WORCSYFZ199
12-12-2005, 09:21 PM
I don't know man, good question, we really need more people and coverage and media and everything to promote the WORCS racing cause it's pretty much the only real offroad national on the West coast, I mean you have other series but this one is great and the people are the coolest, nicest people you'll ever meet and the courses couldn't be better and you just get a great spectrum of tracks and experience through racing them, so we need everyone we can to go to the WORCS races and also some people to take pics and write stories about it so WORCS can get the recognition it deserves. It's like the West coast GNCC but not quite as large but I would like to see it reach that level so come on people!

QuadJunkies
12-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by WORCSYFZ199
I don't know man, good question, we really need more people and coverage and media and everything to promote the WORCS racing cause it's pretty much the only real offroad national on the West coast, I mean you have other series but this one is great and the people are the coolest, nicest people you'll ever meet and the courses couldn't be better and you just get a great spectrum of tracks and experience through racing them, so we need everyone we can to go to the WORCS races and also some people to take pics and write stories about it so WORCS can get the recognition it deserves. It's like the West coast GNCC but not quite as large but I would like to see it reach that level so come on people!

Im workin on that as we speak.... :D I want to cover as much of the series as I can this year, I should know more in a week or so if we can swing it. :)

Ill be bringing you all Vidoe Coverage like I did last year for the Clay Peak round and some pics

QuadJunkies
12-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by d kelley
What happened to the WORCS " race coverage" forum? Why cant I log on to start a new thead or respond to an existing one?

Were you able to reply to any of the WORCS topics ?? The only thing that you wont be able to view anymore is some of the videos . There is some ,just not all .

WORCSYFZ199
12-13-2005, 07:43 AM
O that's good to hear, your videos and stuff were cool I did get to check those out, but some aren't still up, but yeah you didi a good job with that, it was cool watching the Pro racers do that because i don't get a chance to see them go flying down the hills and stuff when I race in the Pro-Am behind them. Anyways yeah that sounds awesome I really hope you can do the coverage cause it's what the series needs. :cool:

QuadJunkies
12-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by WORCSYFZ199
O that's good to hear, your videos and stuff were cool I did get to check those out, but some aren't still up, but yeah you didi a good job with that, it was cool watching the Pro racers do that because i don't get a chance to see them go flying down the hills and stuff when I race in the Pro-Am behind them. Anyways yeah that sounds awesome I really hope you can do the coverage cause it's what the series needs. :cool: ITs between my work and if we get a new Quad in time thats the deciding factor... I agree, this Series needs ALOT more exposure.

WORCS 133
12-13-2005, 08:51 AM
My wife and I are in the works of a deal to do WORCS Race coverage for the entire season in 2006. Stay tuned

QuadJunkies
12-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by WORCS 133
My wife and I are in the works of a deal to do WORCS Race coverage for the entire season in 2006. Stay tuned
I think I remeber you at the WORCS in Payette, you raced my Husbands class(Vet B) He raced the Orange Predator/blue PC.
Congrats on your Championship this year :)

WORCS 133
12-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Thank You:D

Yeah we didn't miss a race this year and we don't plan on missing any in 2006 either. Now my wife is racing too we have to get another quad as she's on my YFZ.:devil:

QuadJunkies
12-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Thank You:D

Yeah we didn't miss a race this year and we don't plan on missing any in 2006 either. Now my wife is racing too we have to get another quad as she's on my YFZ.:devil: So does SHE get the new quad or YOU??!!!

:blah:

Well, we will DEF. have to meet up at all the events since we both will be doing Coverage.
What Class is your wife racing?? I may do one this year as well. :D So what camera are you using ?? Thats another thing Ill be investing in .
Maybe Ill race the AZ round ,thats my Bday :)

WORCS 133
12-13-2005, 09:17 AM
I get the new one cause she loves my YFZ, I got it all dialed in for her :rolleyes:

She will be racing Women B/C and I'm in Open A, 30+A and Stock A

We just bought a new Kodak with a 10x Optical Zoom lense and has burst settings to really capture the action. We had just a little point and shoot but the pictures were 10 miles away.

QuadJunkies
12-13-2005, 09:21 AM
I get the new one cause she loves my YFZ, I got it all dialed in for her :rolleyes:

She will be racing Women B/C and I'm in Open A, 30+A and Stock A

We just bought a new Kodak with a 10x Optical Zoom lense and has burst settings to really capture the action. We had just a little point and shoot but the pictures were 10 miles away. thats great!!
Thats the class my hubby will be racing too this year ... I think he will run Vet and one other class, not sure what though..we have two minis as well so it gets too expensive to run too many classes with three riders doing the whole series

That sad thing is he got injured this year and has only only done one race this season so hes REALLY out of shape and lost some endurance. So its gonna be hard fo him this yeat I think at least the 1st couple rounds anyhow until he can get back into it .

So little time to get er all done!

WORCS 133
12-13-2005, 09:29 AM
I have been training like a madman this off season. 1 month and 6 days until round 1, but who's counting :p

You guys will have to come find us in the pits, were easy to find just look for the pink flamingos :cool:

400grl
12-13-2005, 09:34 AM
So am I to assume I will see BOTH of your families in AZ?? ;) I'll be racing Women's A and possibly 30+A.......depends on my childcare situation!!!:D

WORCS 133
12-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Well you know Julia and I will be there, the kids probably not. Which is ok :devil:

QuadJunkies
12-13-2005, 09:53 AM
MY kids will be there ! Kelsey will run the 91-125cc class Brandon will run the 90 class this year . I just hope I can get everything all done before the 1st round!:scary:

WORCS 133
12-13-2005, 10:11 AM
5 weeks from Saturday

WORCSYFZ199
12-13-2005, 06:15 PM
I didn't miss a race this year and ended up 2nd in the Open A and 4th in the Pro-am so it was a pretty good first year as an A rider, I moved up from Production B in 04. Yeah i think Open A is a good A class to start out in cause you run with some fast guys still but you are still learning, I learned a whole lot from racing with the A's and Pros and Pro-Am riders. Yeah can't wait till Phoenix it'll be fun, I just hope I get my bike all re-built in time. Anyways yeah I'm gonna try to make it to all the races this year and try my hand at Production A and Pro-Am and see how I do.

CannondaleRider
12-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Seeing all of these A classes being discussed, I decided to join in.

I was planning on running Production B, or Open B, this next year. That was the plan for about a month or so. Krash was also debating what class he should run next season.

Then one day, krash just said "Screw it, lets both just go for it all, and race both Production A AND Open A"

So yeah...i'm probably gonna be placing pretty low in those classes for a while.

Keep your fingers crossed that I progress as fast as all my riding partners think I will.

No matter what....it's gonna be a blast next season

d kelley
12-13-2005, 09:07 PM
It is so obvious to see how much interest there is in this series that it is amazing there isnt more coverage in the press. Good luck to everybody and dont forget to push our sports magazines, press and friends to come out to the races. I think the WORCS crew is really hoping for a good season and I think this is going to be a very important year for the future of this series. With the stadium series being cancelled now, it should be easy to see how important our participation is for the coming year. I for one want to thank all the people who put in the time to race and to the all people who cover it!

400grl
12-13-2005, 09:56 PM
I said "screw it" and decided to race A classes too - I mean......I imagine I will get tired of coming in last all the time and maybe that will just move me to get faster than if I were to just hang out in the B classes thinking I'm doing OK! ;)

I'm hoping for a great year for WORCS......they have done so much for ATV's.......they deserve all of our support, for sure!

ThumPIN_450R
12-13-2005, 11:48 PM
If I make any worcs races it will be prod and open A and possibly stock A if I get another bike allong with pro-am but since my bikes motor blows sky high about two weeks before a worcs if I ever plan on racing one I think I may just hold this on the back burner until later.

QuadJunkies
12-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I said "screw it" and decided to race A classes too - I mean......I imagine I will get tired of coming in last all the time and maybe that will just move me to get faster than if I were to just hang out in the B classes thinking I'm doing OK! ;)

I'm hoping for a great year for WORCS......they have done so much for ATV's.......they deserve all of our support, for sure!
Are you planning on doing the whole series this year???

WORCS 133
12-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I was told I need to go A, After winning the Open B National title and 3rd in 30 B and 5th in Production B. Which is fine I'm ready, don't want to be a sandbagger:devil:

Plus racing with faster riders only makes you better

CannondaleRider
12-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Plus racing with faster riders only makes you better

Thats what i'm going with, if anyone asks why I was stupid enough to run A class.:eek2:

I think it will be good for me though

400grl
12-14-2005, 04:18 PM
QJ- no, we can't run the whole series....we are running the whole ITP Series again, and we can only concentrate and afford one whole series as a time......but we are going to hit as many close ones as possible........

WORCSYFZ199
12-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Yeah it really helps riding with faster guys I think. I got 2nd place in Production B in 04 and moved up to Open A and got 2nd in that class this year and 4th in the Pro-Am class so yeah you definitley learn how to ride on the edge, you might not do as well as you hoped in the first round or 2 but keep at it and you'll pick it up quickly. It's a blast though and it really helps your riding. Plus it will be interesting to have all these new A riders to run against so yeah it'll all be good. I'll be in the Prod A and Pro-Am so see you guys in phoenix!

QuadJunkies
12-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
QJ- no, we can't run the whole series....we are running the whole ITP Series again, and we can only concentrate and afford one whole series as a time......but we are going to hit as many close ones as possible........
Yeah, this dips in to our series as well. FT is over in Feb I think though.

Well, I wont be able to swing the 1st round :( I had a feeling this would happen but Ill be able to catch most of the series, I have to tie up some loose ends here first. Too bad ya wasnt closer to us here in Idaho Corry- you would LOVE Clay peak! :macho

QuadJunkies
12-14-2005, 11:59 PM
So how has the 91-125cc class for the minis been?? Has many shown for that class?? I know thre was one other class she ran last year but due to Bore size she cant run a 90 class anymore .

d kelley
12-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey Quadjukies, My son ran 91cc open last year and it was a good class for him since he started the year on a yamaha 125 breeze. After we got him a Kasea 90 we kept him there so he wouldnt lose half of his points by switching classes during the year. The 91 open runs at the same time as the other minis is competetive with all the other classes. All the kids got along and would help each out if someone got stuck out on the track, then they would go play around the pits when they werent racing. We are going to run him in 70-90 this year and see how he does. Good luck to you and your kids. See you at the races.David Rindt #92y Kasea 90.

QuadJunkies
12-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Hey D, thanks for that info!

Did ya'll run Clay Peak this spring?? Im trying to figure out who ya are and if I got pics of your mini :)

My Daughter wil be running a 116 stroker(Kasea) this year so I was hoping the class would be decent ,she would be bummed if she couldnt race due to lack of riders

MY son will run 90 class, hopefully this year he wont ROLL again!

I know my Son met some of the other boys last year at the track afte the race and hung out with them alot over the wk end . Thats whats so great about this series.... SUCH GREAT PEOPLE !

d kelley
12-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Quadjunkies, yeah, we were at Clay Peaks this year, it was our favorite track. I heard that there is a WORCS logo up on the water tower now, is that true? That was some of the neatest country I've seen in a while. I rode 40-B with #139 and my son ran #92y. You guys have some awesome place up there for sure. We went to Ontario for dinner and the rain we got on Saturday night was perfect. It's quite a drive for us from logandale NV (13 hrs.), but definetly worth it. Hopefully, Idaho will bring better luck to Josh Frederick this year. He lives up the road (in Moapa) from us and really wants to win the pro class this year. Even if there arent any other bikes in your daughters class, she will still get to race against the other classes, WORCS is very cool about that. They dont have a 3 rider minumum or something like that, and she will have an automatic 1st place too!

Duncanracer
12-15-2005, 09:32 PM

hey congrats on the open B title!....

maybe i'll see ya at a few of em next year...

hopefully i'll be able to make some of the california ones...

racetown(30 minutes away) and possibly taft...fun series....

Shaun Kuriyama

QuadJunkies
12-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by d kelley
Quadjunkies, yeah, we were at Clay Peaks this year, it was our favorite track. I heard that there is a WORCS logo up on the water tower now, is that true? That was some of the neatest country I've seen in a while. I rode 40-B with #139 and my son ran #92y. You guys have some awesome place up there for sure. We went to Ontario for dinner and the rain we got on Saturday night was perfect. It's quite a drive for us from logandale NV (13 hrs.), but definetly worth it. Hopefully, Idaho will bring better luck to Josh Frederick this year. He lives up the road (in Moapa) from us and really wants to win the pro class this year. Even if there arent any other bikes in your daughters class, she will still get to race against the other classes, WORCS is very cool about that. They dont have a 3 rider minumum or something like that, and she will have an automatic 1st place too! Well Def. this year ,come up and say hello!! And that goes for anyone! I dunno how Harlen does the Coverage he does with keeping track of the racing,names especially -AND pics to boot!! I was doing good just to get pics ,then RUN to another end of the trails/track for some footage on vidoe-thats ALOT of work!

To be honest, Im not sure what the sign says.. But I will def. look this wk end, we will be out there breaking in my Sons top end so I will have to check that out!! I hope we have a better Idaho turn out this year, we done ALOT of flyers for the surrounding area, problem is thats alot of the local MX racing and riders dont want to mess up there own series in points . Hopefully this year will work more in the favor for more local turn outs....

I agree- Poor Josh did have one year of bad luck :( Maybe hw will work out all the bugs this time :macho

WORCS 133
12-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
[B]hey congrats on the open B title!....

Thanks, hey what happened to ya. I figured you would have been in mesquite

Duncanracer
12-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks, hey what happened to ya. I figured you would have been in mesquite

got hurt racing a local race....motorcycle hit me from behind...messed up my back...

so how was mesquite? saw you did well..

WORCS 133
12-16-2005, 11:59 AM
motorcycle??

Mesquite was rough as hell, it had sand washes, rocky washes, uphills, downhills, 3 water crossings, cow pies you name it.

But it was still fun:D

adrenalinefreak
12-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Newbie here...

I plan on racing in at least a couple of the worcs races. Anyone going to race in the women's "C" class. This is my first year of racing...if any of you know what the women usually race I'm curious...I'm on a 400ex which is pretty much stock...but my boyfriend has YFZ 450 with GPR Stab. and Houser stem plus pipe and other misc. that I might race...just wondered if I would have a chance on a stock 400ex?

How many racers are there in the women's class?

QuadJunkies
12-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
Newbie here...

I plan on racing in at least a couple of the worcs races. Anyone going to race in the women's "C" class. This is my first year of racing...if any of you know what the women usually race I'm curious...I'm on a 400ex which is pretty much stock...but my boyfriend has YFZ 450 with GPR Stab. and Houser stem plus pipe and other misc. that I might race...just wondered if I would have a chance on a stock 400ex?

How many racers are there in the women's class?

Im gonna be perfectly honest with you since I own a 440ex and say NO.IF you are by far the better rider then maybe yes. But you REALLY need power on some of the tracks that are in the series especially in the Clay Peak round, that isa very fast moving track and powered up quads will gain time .If you can race the YFZ and feel good about that, then I would go that route if I were you ;)

Tina

LilQJ
12-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Im a girl, but Ill be racing in the 91-125cc class !! Just go out and have a good time ,thats what counts! :) The more girls the better!

400grl
12-23-2005, 11:01 AM
You'll want to race the YFZ...the beginner girls all have pretty powerful quads.

CannondaleRider
12-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I think the lowest power quad in the top 5 in Womens B/C is Tia's 400EX....and its pretty decked out.

But, theres nothing wrong with trying, it'll be fun no matter what, right?

adrenalinefreak
12-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah...no matter what it's going to be fun, but I am pretty competitive. The only thing about the YFZ is it feels completely different than the 400. Its kind of funny but I say the YFZ is skinny and my knees tend to get pretty bruised on it, but that was a long time ago when I first started riding (probably rider error;) ).

I have to get permission from my boyfriend before I can race his YFZ 450. I mentioned it to him and he said I should get my first race under my belt. I would definetely need to practice on it...

Too bad I don't have my friends quad. He just completely decked out his YFZ 450. I mean everything is done. The best Elka Shocks, houser longer travel a-arms.....I love the set up. Eventually I wouldn't mind going with a 450 (when I have the money).

Thanks for being honest!! We'll see. My first race will be the Adelanto GP. Not sure which or when I'll do a Worcs Race. I would love to do all of them, but we'll see!

aci clay
12-23-2005, 04:24 PM
how are the vet and or senior beginner classes? i'm usually just a trail rider but i really want to do the racetown event. i'll be doing the adelanto gp for the second time, last year was ablast. not worried about winning just don't want to get in peoples way.

d kelley
12-23-2005, 08:15 PM
aci clay, Man, you have to try Worcs, especially if its in your home town. As far as getting in the way, Forget that, Worcs racers are the best, I have heard of guys stopping to help others racers even when they were in the lead. The vet or senior classes are really competive and fun too. The class champion is Jon Wayment and he is seriously fast but if you raced the Aldenato G.P., youre ready for Worcs. Good luck!