PDA

View Full Version : Jack Russell Terriers any one have one?

jwick07
12-12-2005, 06:55 PM
The wife and I are looking into getting a new dog for our birthdays, (they are close together) I want and need a smaller size dog due to the apartment we live in, also we both want a active dog but one that is very smart. I have read good and bad things about this breed for apartment dwellers such as I.

I work a lot and am worried about quality time when the dog is young because they require lots of attention, but I love being out doors as do these dogs, and I will be going to the lakes around me often this summer and enjoy going for walks and bike rides with the wife that the dog will enjoy.

The biggest delima I have is about every other site I read on says they will make fine apartment pets with exercise everyday and other sites say they wont. I just don't want to get over my head here but I have trained several dogs in the past and am prepared to deal with the training.

I'm looking for postive experiences with this breed from any of you my favorite group of people ATV Riders.

Butters
12-12-2005, 08:30 PM
my friend has one that is 3 times fatter than what it should be. it's huge!

jwick07
12-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Butters
my friend has one that is 3 times fatter than what it should be. it's huge!

but what is its personality like and is it living in an apartment.

Chef
12-12-2005, 08:39 PM
My friend has two...most annoying hiper active dogs I have ever been around.

Joe400ex
12-12-2005, 08:52 PM
ya i went to put my dog in training and they were telling us that those dogs are the hardest to train and very annoying. Get a pit there quite small and very very protective.:macho

Butters
12-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
but what is its personality like and is it living in an apartment.

honestly its a great dog. really friendly, and she is pretty old. loves to eat, and can't stand to be outside. whenever she is outside, she always barks until she can get inside where everyone is. sometimes she bites strangers, but its probably due to her age. once she gets used to you though she doesn't bite. also something weird she never barks unless she is outside. my friend lives in a house, but i would imagine they would make good apartment dogs, since i know she loves to be indoors.

Plante400
12-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Butters
honestly its a great dog. really friendly, and she is pretty old. loves to eat, and can't stand to be outside. whenever she is outside, she always barks until she can get inside where everyone is. sometimes she bites strangers, but its probably due to her age. once she gets used to you though she doesn't bite. also something weird she never barks unless she is outside. my friend lives in a house, but i would imagine they would make good apartment dogs, since i know she loves to be indoors.

ive had 2.. they are hyper. and are good hunters and trackers.

they will go right in a fox hole haha

stiffy
12-12-2005, 09:56 PM
I have two females they are soo fun they are very active and smart so they can do a lot of things they are really good with the baby too.

stiffy
12-12-2005, 09:57 PM
the other one. I adore them

walsh450rmx21
12-13-2005, 12:34 AM
I have a jack russell..
and a basset hound. there awsome he is calm until you want him to be and playful right on Q..and the hound is just LAZY..
but sadly i have to get ride of both of them because of our new house my dad doesnt want them anymore.. :(

the jack russell... (.aka.)(bitty)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/RC10GTBOY/Picture062.jpg

the basset hound (.aka.)(molly)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/RC10GTBOY/Picture060.jpg

the new house..(.aka.) (pimp pad)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/RC10GTBOY/Picture059.jpg

the house is now down with grass and bush's and stuff and we move in this weekend..

roperr
12-13-2005, 09:11 AM
We have 2 of them and they are the most awesome dogs, I have one that is almost 4 and weighs 25 #'s (yes he's big) and one that is 1 year old and weighs 9 #'s. I would not trade them for the world. My male loves to ride a 4-wheeler....

roperr
12-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Here is our male.

roperr
12-13-2005, 09:18 AM
This is our baby girl.

jwick07
12-13-2005, 09:18 AM
He is a monster

roperr
12-13-2005, 09:22 AM
He will tote the goat around the yard by the balls.