PDA

View Full Version : WB Rev box

TRAIL
06-27-2002, 09:34 PM
How much do they run? Are they worth the money? and what about an xr 250 Rev box?

TRAIL
06-28-2002, 08:45 AM
anyone???????

Punk13rym
06-28-2002, 10:20 AM
supposidly they don't work well in the cold. but some people will disagree. i remember reading something about batteries being in them and if they go dead they have trouble starting. it also depends on what your using it for. if your riding and you keep hitting the limiter then maybe you should get one. for example the dunes.....

RED121572
06-29-2002, 01:36 PM
I have a XR250 CDI in mine. Ive had it in since March. Ive read several times where they can make starting difficult. I havent had a problem as of yet.

Dont install one on your machine is the piston and cam are stock. Your thumper doesnt make enough ponies at top end to reach that extra thousand RPM's. (been there, done that)

:D

Teufel
07-01-2002, 07:40 AM
the wb cdi box changes the timing curve and requires the engine to turn faster rpm , than when using the stock cdi, to start the engine. That is why they tell you that the problem is the battery, which is not neccessarily accurate. I sent mine back to WB. The box allows it to start ok in warmer weather, but forget it in the cold. The box is more of a benefit to modified engines. It raises the rev limiter by 1000rpm, It does not eliminate it It is not a worth while mod unless you're hitting the limiter.

I can't run the thing at all in the winter.
Use the $ on the suspension!