PDA

View Full Version : Please find me 3.39HP

rainman 05400ex
12-12-2005, 05:28 PM
After many many tries locally and spending cash on a supposed non fixable problem I found WPPRacing by searching this and other boards. I cannot begin to describe what has happend since I finally found a real mecanic. I am astonished that after a few phone calls and Brian not even knowing me he said just make arrangements to get it here and I will take care of it. NO MENTION OF PAYMENT OR COST ON EITHER PART I took the quad as far as Rock Hall MD (4 and a half hours from my house) and had a buudy deliver it to Brian. I rode the bike last Saturday. I am amazed. It was dynoed while at WPPRacing and Brian hit the mark. See below:

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/post-2023-1133847859.jpg

I do not need 50 HP but it is a nice round number. I can't ride the quad to its full potential at this point so any more power is really useless unless I can grow into it. That is what I am hoping for.

I just gotta let you guys know that WPPRacing did me right and all further mods will be handled by Brian. The bill was right and I sent payment just like we talked about on the phone. He is happy and I cant stop smiling.

Thanks alot Brian, I have had all kinds of deals over the net but

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FHKracingZ
12-12-2005, 07:35 PM
fcr and porting.

Jersey450R
12-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Boysen quick shot? FCR? Vortex? CRF wiring harness?

bullet3z
12-12-2005, 09:12 PM
So what is it that he did to make the power? Also, did he run it on the dyno before he touched it to get a baseline?

Jersey450R
12-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by bullet3z
So what is it that he did to make the power? Also, did he run it on the dyno before he touched it to get a baseline?

yea good point. Rainman, let us know what you have done to it that got you where your at right now, then you can get some advice in what compliments your current mods. i'm guessing you already did some porting, a piston and cam?? good numbers though.

rainman 05400ex
12-13-2005, 08:12 AM
I have done the mods in my sig. I updated it last night maybe you guys cant see it:

Wiseco 13.8-1
HC stage 2
110 Cam 2
Cut lid
Uni
Rossier Full
WPPRacing Dyno Tuned

I have done no porting or anything else not listed above. I let 2 local mecanics work on it and install the parts listed above. Neither could get it to run. So I found Brian and he changed the pipe and tuned it for me. The timing was off so bad from the first guy you could not even get close to the bike as it was getting very hot very quick. I took it back to him and he reset the timing and it still wouldnt work. Brian found the timing still retarted one tooth.

This whole thing has been a nightmare up until Brian worked on it. Now I just need to hit that nice sounding even number 50HP.

Thanks for your help guys.

shamisc
12-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Porting the head would get you there!

quad2xtreme
12-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Just keep trying different dynos until you find one you like. :)

/Jon

chad502ex
12-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by rainman 05400ex
After many many tries locally and spending cash on a supposed non fixable problem I found WPPRacing by searching this and other boards. I cannot begin to describe what has happend since I finally found a real mecanic. I am astonished that after a few phone calls and Brian not even knowing me he said just make arrangements to get it here and I will take care of it. NO MENTION OF PAYMENT OR COST ON EITHER PART I took the quad as far as Rock Hall MD (4 and a half hours from my house) and had a buudy deliver it to Brian. I rode the bike last Saturday. I am amazed. It was dynoed while at WPPRacing and Brian hit the mark. See below:

I do not need 50 HP but it is a nice round number. I can't ride the quad to its full potential at this point so any more power is really useless unless I can grow into it. That is what I am hoping for.

I just gotta let you guys know that WPPRacing did me right and all further mods will be handled by Brian. The bill was right and I sent payment just like we talked about on the phone. He is happy and I cant stop smiling.

Thanks alot Brian, I have had all kinds of deals over the net but

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, both Mobile Dyno and WPP Racing are real good at helping ppl make more power in their setups.

Looking at that power dyno curve, if hp is what you want, try getting WPP Racing to pushing that hp dyno curve upward about one thousand rpm with about 5 degrees of retard cam timing and see what kind of power you make... ;)