PDA

View Full Version : Dale info and misconceptions

mersingt
12-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Im thinking about getting a cannondale and Im wondering what are some things people get mixed up about with them and any advice

Derno24
12-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Alot of good info is found at either Cannondaleriders.com or Cannondaler.Com. The biggest misconception is that they are too difficult to work on. With some patience and the manuals which are downloadable you can do it yourself most of the time.

Feel free to post any other questions as others I am sure will chime in!

mersingt
12-12-2005, 05:27 PM
what kind of things should i get to go along with the dale or what things are standard that i should buy im wanting to mx and tt it but i still want to trail ride some....i know it already has pro pegs and i can get blaze fronts for it for more $ but i dont like the pro circuit exhaust it has

jesshamner
12-12-2005, 06:19 PM
This is the 2nd time I have heard of a dale with a pro circuit pipe. Is this a custom made pipe? Pro circuit never made a pipe for cdales.

CannondaleRider
12-12-2005, 08:47 PM
They made/make a Slip-On for them.

Pro-Circuit Slip-On (http://procircuit.rideshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=535&osCsid=8e549fc002767ce176aa3f48427ba8df)

Not Full System though

WAY to much money for a Slip-On though:eek2:

jesshamner
12-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
They made/make a Slip-On for them.

Pro-Circuit Slip-On (http://procircuit.rideshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=535&osCsid=8e549fc002767ce176aa3f48427ba8df)

Not Full System though

WAY to much money for a Slip-On though:eek2:

That has to be a new product. This past week is the 1st I have ever heard of the PC for a cannondale. Pretty cool. I loved my PC on my 400ex but 374 is just retarded.

happyboy
12-13-2005, 12:10 PM
One of the bigger things with the dales to look out for are the motor updates. There are alot of steals out there for decked quads with no motor updates so you could get one of those and then dump 1k into the motor and have a hell of a machine.

QuadRacer041
12-15-2005, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
Alot of good info is found at either Cannondaleriders.com or Cannondaler.Com. The biggest misconception is that they are too difficult to work on. With some patience and the manuals which are downloadable you can do it yourself most of the time.

Feel free to post any other questions as others I am sure will chime in!

o boy here we go again

Derno24
12-15-2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
o boy here we go again

Like I said I am sure others will chime in!:D

CHAINSAW
12-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Nicest machine I have ever owned... I will never go back to a Jap bike unless Im forced to in some weird way. Definatly one of a kind, way ahead of their time machines!!

shano
12-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Cannondales own:D

TucsonCannibal
12-26-2005, 01:08 AM
I have to agree with these guys.... Cannondales are awsome, and if you take care of them, they will run forever... and run VERY well. I had problems with mine when I bought it, but I put less than $700 into the motor, which is updated with a billet crank with Z400 bearing and a Wiseco 12.5:1 piston... runs awsome! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

yfz450inMI
02-02-2006, 05:52 AM
I'll be looking for a cannondale this summer and would also like some general information about them - specifically the different models available (Speed, Blaze, Moto, etc.).

Outside of motor updates, what other items should I look for?

Can someone give me a breakdown on the different models? The pros and cons of each?

Pro400EXC
02-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Cannibal was the low budget slower Cdale (hah,,slow)

Speed was a bit faster,diffrent mapping,and such. Little bit better goodes(tag bars,etc)

Blaze was there XC edition Dale..Had woods mapping,pro pegs,beadlocks rear,holeshot xcr's,FM ti-4 pipe,gripper seat cover,cycra hand gaurds,Ohlins suspension w/ rezzies(they all has ohlins)

Moto...same as above,but w/ 8in rear rims and mx tires, MX mapping,long travel front end w/ +2 arms and +2 axle

there all good

jesshamner
02-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Well, your on the right track but not entirely accurate. Let me see if I can remember most of the differences. All the models were the same bike, but the different models had different add ons.

FX400: Original cdale, higher compression, different cams, 500ecm (instead of the 1000 on the newer models). They had plastic with removeable mud flaps. I believe that they came with ohlins shocks but I'm not 100% sure on that. Had the ability to be tuned with a laptop but not as much flexibility as the 1000.

Cannibal: Some had ohlins and some had arvins and fox. Some came with holeshots on itp .190s and some came with trailwolfs on itp .190s. The cannibal had the tamest map. Some had the hydro clutch and some had cable. 1000ecm and front steel braided brake lines.

Speed: Upgrades from the cannibal are ohlins on all of them and tag bars. I believe some might have had the clutch cable. They had some pretty cool graphics too. The speed map had a higher rev limit which made it faster.

Glamis: Same as the speed only the ohlins were set up softer for duning. It came with sand tires and a whip. These were the latest production units and most like had all the bugs worked out. I might have missed some stuff on this one. I have never actually seen one in person. They are pretty rare.

Blaze: Tag bars, cycra handguards, key/kill switch plate, number plates, nerfs, holeshots, front dual rate piggyback ohlins, standard rear ohlins, wave rotors, gripper seat, black beadlock rears with holeshots, black front rolled edge with holeshots (both front and rear wheel sets were from Itp). The mapping was the same as moto but with less of a hit for easier riding in the woods. Full FMF Ti exhaust.

Moto: LT arms, Lt Ohlins (can't remember if they were dual or triple rate), wider axle, wave rotors, tag bars, cycra handguards, numberplates, gripper seat, nerfs, mx holeshots on beadlock rears and rolled edge fronts, different gearing for the 18" rears.

I'll update the list if I can think of more.

jesshamner
02-02-2006, 08:32 PM
This might help out too. I had a post similar to my last one but I couldn't find it. I did find this, however.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158759&perpage=15&highlight=glamis%20and%20cannondale&pagenumber=2

Pro400EXC
02-03-2006, 01:58 PM
well i coulda said all that too but it was too much typing,lol

jesshamner
02-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah I guess I had the time. :o

happyboy
02-03-2006, 05:20 PM
They all had the same motor with different exhausts, mapping, and suspension stuff.

armoks
02-05-2006, 01:50 AM
over 5000 of these machines were made with less then 200 major problems I give that a thumbs up for a handmade machine. Some will tell you that every one needs this or that but look at it and grab one, they are fun machines and if they die so what throw some parts in the motors and ride them. Fastest machine you will ever try in the stock form :devil: