PDA

View Full Version : So who hates homework?

Mxjunkie
12-11-2005, 07:30 PM
I sure do, 2 inch thick pile of packets to do tonight :mad: So when you guys get a small assignment dont complain!

all because my teacher became sick and never gave us our work to make up so now I'm 3 weeks behind, that means 3 packets of each subject!

JR3
12-11-2005, 07:33 PM
WOW:eek2:

400ex28
12-11-2005, 07:34 PM
:chinese:

400exstud
12-11-2005, 07:38 PM
I am a sophomore but am in junior classes and have about 3.5 -4.5 hours of homework every night!:o

YFZ450Ridr
12-11-2005, 07:41 PM
freshman year when i was in advanced algebra i had a good hour of homework everynight.

Mxjunkie
12-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Put it this way, one weeks worth of work usually takes me 3 hours to do it all, and I am in all advanced class's, I have 3 weeks worth and I go to school tomorrow..

Pops is going to pay once hes out of the hospital for stressing me out so bad that I couldnt do my damn h.w bah

JATV250
12-11-2005, 07:53 PM
I am glad that I don't have to worry with homework anymore :D

Doober
12-11-2005, 07:54 PM
i used to have homework a lot, till this year cause i have a lab class over at a vocational school and science at the vocational school(we dont do anything at all in that class). and then i drive to my reg. school and have 2 classes there but i dont get homwork in one class, and i get my homework done in my math class. so im homework free almost every night

prepracing
12-11-2005, 08:35 PM
what happened to the home schooling :confused:

12-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
I am a sophomore but am in junior classes and have about 3.5 -4.5 hours of homework every night!:o

I'm a junior and I dont event go to school for that long..

Bigun55
12-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Homework sucks... i dont ever do it... could be the reason i make F's all the time to.:p

NacsMXer
12-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Damn that sucks I know the feeling...I've been studying for finals for about 9 hours straight now with food and bathroom breaks only. Needless to say, my brain's a little fried :chinese: Time to go pass out...

Butters
12-11-2005, 11:11 PM
yeah i hate homework. when i do it i am just pissed that i have to be doing it. i hate school. i just want to get a decent job that pays well. i thought i would like college, but nope i don't.

Bush0102
12-11-2005, 11:22 PM
dude i wish i still had homework. wait till college when your only grades in an entire semester are 3 tests. do bad one one of them and you're screwed.

Joe400ex
12-11-2005, 11:38 PM
:eek2: :eek2: wow have fun. Take a couple rides in between a couple packets:)
joe400ex

12-12-2005, 12:55 AM
in flight all we have is check rides. you talk to a guy on the ground and he drills you with question after question for 2 hours. if you do well enough there you fly with him and he tells you to do maneuvers. this is at the end of the semester.

TrailCruiser
12-12-2005, 12:59 AM
The homework never seems to get done. Even at my age while working on a degree for Information management. The thing that helps save the day are the online classes. Then, I can pack the laptop on a trip with me.

12-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by TrailCruiser
The homework never seems to get done. Even at my age while working on a degree for Information management. The thing that helps save the day are the online classes. Then, I can pack the laptop on a trip with me. welome to the site :D

exboy
12-12-2005, 06:56 AM
id rather do homework and work stuff out than sit and study i cant stand doin it and were startin exams tomoro. :ermm:

Quad18star
12-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Good old homework .... highschool for me was a breeze .... we'd only get about an hour of work per night . Then came college ... that was a whole other story . In college taking Civil Engineering I had about 4 hours of work per night .... there was a new assignment to be handed in every day ... drafts to be completed ... tests to study for .

It sucked .. but then I started working and realized it wasn't so bad , especially when I was stuck at work till 1am doing paperwork and the store had closed at 6pm . :grr:

NacsMXer
12-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
dude i wish i still had homework. wait till college when your only grades in an entire semester are 3 tests. do bad one one of them and you're screwed.

Ha, true dat bro :p

wilkin250r
12-12-2005, 10:26 AM
That's why I love college. Only about 10-20% of my grade is based on homework. I can skip half of it and still pass with a "B", or skip it all and still pass with a "C" as long as I do good on the tests.

How important is that "A" to you? Honestly, what does it get you that a "C" doesn't get you? Very few employers will ever ask your GPA.

I'm a busy guy. That 4.0 GPA just isn't worth 5 hours every day, 30 hours per week. I'd rather put in 4 hours per week, get myself a 2.5 GPA, and live a little before I die.

NacsMXer
12-12-2005, 10:35 AM
You hit the nail on the head there Wilkin..^^^ High School grades and ACT/SAT scores get you into a good college, and from there on, it is up to you to decide how valuable those grades are to you. My priority is to graduate from Marquette with my bachelor's and then move on to a 3-4 year grad school. In my case, I have to watch my GPA if I want to be accepted to a grad school. But once I get in, screw grades. Employers care about the degree, not the GPA. Hell, at this point I look back and wonder why I tried so hard in middle school, it hardly had any influence :ermm: I guess what's important is to develop and stick with a good work ethic that work's for you.

12-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

I'm a busy guy. That 4.0 GPA just isn't worth 5 hours every day, 30 hours per week. I'd rather put in 4 hours per week, get myself a 2.5 GPA, and live a little before I die. i love hearing that because its me

troutman561
12-12-2005, 11:06 AM
highschool was easy for me.. maybe 20 hrs of HW the whole 4 years, it was nice, graduated with honors, college is moderate HW like 2 hrs a week maybe and i can get some a's, b's and c's, except in math, study for that it suxxxxxxxxxxxx

daredevilearth
12-12-2005, 05:46 PM
wilkin250r- As a wise man once said "C's and D's will get you degrees."

Hondadudeehhhh
12-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Bigun55
Homework sucks... i dont ever do it... could be the reason i make F's all the time to.:p

http://www.trimpe.org/jr/pictures/you-win-prize.jpg

i don't know about you guys but i almost neve rhave homework, maybe 3 times a week. Most classes i get at least 15 minutes to work on an assignment. Sometimes 25 minutes. The only time where i spend over a half hour in one night on homeowork is if i have a project.

redlineranger
12-12-2005, 06:03 PM
i never do "home" work.... we have 7 classes and what they call a home room so i do homeroom work..... thats alot of crammin to do but i get it done

fasterblaster09
12-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Actually,I've never done homework at home in my life,I always get it done in 5 minutes before its due,or that morning.But I guess all of that has to change since Im in high school now and have honors.O well,gotta do what I gotta do.

redlineranger
12-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
Actually,I've never done homework at home in my life,I always get it done in 5 minutes before its due,or that morning.But I guess all of that has to change since Im in high school now and have honors.O well,gotta do what I gotta do.

exactly, its tough crammin advanced classes homework in at school, but i get it done, so i guess thats one reason they put me in advance/honors or w/e you wanna call it

Sjorge450R
12-12-2005, 06:40 PM
i get homework in one out of four classes everynight. Its geometry so its mad easy. it only takes 10min and half of the time I do it in lunch. Other than that, i get the normal out of school projects.

exboy
12-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
i never do "home" work.... we have 7 classes and what they call a home room so i do homeroom work..... thats alot of crammin to do but i get it done

lmao. i dont have homeroom but i usually only have homework in two classes but its like an every night thing. 3rd period i do my fourth period algebra homework and 6th period i do my 7th period english homework. and i did my science project this year from the one i did in the 7th grade. o and kyle dustin odom owes me $50 for puttin his name on that project.:devil:

but yeah my great grandma always used to say that we shouldnt have to suffer from our teachers not bein able to teach us every thing in the time they are givin. i miss her.

ZeroLogic
12-12-2005, 07:38 PM
i dont do my homework:D

TheFontMaster
12-12-2005, 07:49 PM
I go to a vo-tech school half the day for auto body, I never get homework there. Then I have english this semester, and P.I.G. next semester. English so far I hardly ever get homework. All semester maybe 15 hours, and I hope P.I.G. is just as easy. The I'm going to WyoTech for a year for auto body, and street rod/custom fabrication, and I'm not expecting much work there ether.:cool: :D

Honda4trax250x
12-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Any reason that instead of putting the packets on the desk and taking a picture you felt the need to snap a picture of them on your crotch?

Just wondering.:p

TacomaNC4X4
12-12-2005, 10:17 PM
i never did my homework. i dont believe in it. i always copied someone elses the class before.

12-12-2005, 10:28 PM
are you wearing a skirt? rofl!

Mxjunkie
12-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
Any reason that instead of putting the packets on the desk and taking a picture you felt the need to snap a picture of them on your crotch?

Just wondering.:p

Didnt have the energy to clean a spot off on this messy *** computer table lol

stace609
12-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Argh! It's finals week for me. It's been a nightmare already. I have a ten page essay for my cultural anthropology class due Thursday which I haven't started. Tomorrow I have a cumulative calculus test. Talk about a nightmare. ENJOY HIGH SCHOOL.

12-13-2005, 11:30 AM
dont do it thats what i did and now im 2 years behind and only 13 hours a week of school

rmz250
12-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by blue450yo
dont do it thats what i did and now im 2 years behind and only 13 hours a week of school

I can tell. :rolleyes:

bwamos
12-13-2005, 02:41 PM
That's why I love college. Only about 10-20% of my grade is based on homework. I can skip half of it and still pass with a "B", or skip it all and still pass with a "C" as long as I do good on the tests.

How important is that "A" to you? Honestly, what does it get you that a "C" doesn't get you? Very few employers will ever ask your GPA.

I'm a busy guy. That 4.0 GPA just isn't worth 5 hours every day, 30 hours per week. I'd rather put in 4 hours per week, get myself a 2.5 GPA, and live a little before I die.

Agree.

Most of my former college classes in engineering 100% of the grades were tests. Loved it.

I also agree on the GPA. 2.5 or 3.9, no difference. You bust your *** for 1 semester so you can get on the "dean's list". ;)

I graduated with a 3.77 gpa, but only because I'm good at tests.. lol.

Honda TRX250ex
12-13-2005, 02:42 PM
whats homework?:huh
:p

12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud

Why would u wanna do that to urself?

When i was in 8th grade i discovered something wonderful.. they call it cheating! I have different ways for different kinds of tests. I am actually pretty damn good at it.

I am set for my History test tomorrow.

HW is easy to get done with an hour long study hall that has 100 ppl in it ;)

Honda TRX250ex
12-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
Why would u wanna do that to urself?

When i was in 8th grade i discovered something wonderful.. they call it cheating! I have different ways for different kinds of tests. I am actually pretty damn good at it.

I am set for my History test tomorrow.

HW is easy to get done with an hour long study hall that has 100 ppl in it ;)
lol same here

MAaudioX10
12-13-2005, 08:27 PM

I guess I don't understand your logic. Why would anyone who has to pay there way through college waste tuition like that?

Correct me if I am wrong but, the people that are in college want to be there. Therefore, they are there to better themselves and succeed in life.

Are grades everything? Of course not but, it does reflect on the person's character and shows a few things about them. I.E...a person who is happy getting C's and the employer that is happy hiring sub-par employee's.

Don't know about all of you but, I hope the engineer that is designing the next car that I am driving did better than average in college.

12-14-2005, 09:09 AM
my first day of school this year i went drunk and had to cut open boxes with sisers and i kep cutting my fingers.:eek2:

hondarider2006
12-14-2005, 10:28 AM
after every packet drink a few beers...keep the motivation going:D

wilkin250r
12-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by MAaudioX10
I guess I don't understand your logic. Why would anyone who has to pay there way through college waste tuition like that?

Correct me if I am wrong but, the people that are in college want to be there. Therefore, they are there to better themselves and succeed in life.

Are grades everything? Of course not but, it does reflect on the person's character and shows a few things about them. I.E...a person who is happy getting C's and the employer that is happy hiring sub-par employee's.

Don't know about all of you but, I hope the engineer that is designing the next car that I am driving did better than average in college.

No offense, but you've got to be pretty dense to believe that GPA is a direct reflection on how well a person understands the material.

MAaudioX10
12-14-2005, 11:24 PM
No offense, but you've got to be pretty dense to believe that GPA is a direct reflection on how well a person understands the material.

I would think, if a person doesn't understand the material, they would help themselves out and find a way to understand said material.

Is it a "direct" reflection? I am inclined to agree with you but, to say that a GPA doesn't represent a persons determination in their commitments could, also, be considered obtuse.

I do believe that it is a good way to judge a persons character.

12-15-2005, 12:31 AM
I hope the engineer that is designing the next atv that I am driving did better than average in college. BETTER NOT GET A YAMAHA!

400exc
12-15-2005, 05:37 AM
what grade are you in mxjunkie69, because we have the same papers that you have on the top of your pile, but we have it in a book

wilkin250r
12-15-2005, 09:27 AM
I would think, if a person doesn't understand the material, they would help themselves out and find a way to understand said material.

Is it a "direct" reflection? I am inclined to agree with you but, to say that a GPA doesn't represent a persons determination in their commitments could, also, be considered obtuse.

I do believe that it is a good way to judge a persons character.

I believe GPA is a good way to judge a person's commitment towards their GPA. That's about it.

It may be an hint to their character, but certainly not as a sole determination. Other factors must accounted for. You can't really expect a person with a full-time job and a family to achieve the same GPA as a student with no other commitments, but those factors would have NO bearing at all on the person's ability to understand the material and apply their knowledge to real-world applications.

I've met a lot of dumb people with perfect GPA.

Atkins
12-15-2005, 11:15 AM
I thought you were homeschooled Joshie-woshie?:confused:

Disaster
12-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Hey atkins hows it been

theTman
12-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
I thought you were homeschooled Joshie-woshie?:confused:

he is...he goes to school once a week for a few hrs i think