PDA

View Full Version : Finished reverse mod on my 250x

RdingManiac420
06-27-2002, 05:36 PM
I just got done doing the reverse mod which I found on the tech section of this site. I just thought I would post some pics for anyone thinking of doing it.

honda250xrider
06-27-2002, 05:48 PM
why did u want to do that it isnt that hard to put it in reverse ......... i heard it can pop into reverse at any time im not sure if that is true though

kc 300EX
06-27-2002, 06:46 PM
honda250xrider-nah, thats not true, it makes putting it into reverse one step easier because there is No more button, and you can still ONLY put it in reverse by putting it in neutral and pulling up the lever, Ive had the reverse mod for almost a year with no problems, people do it a lot so they can have after market clutch lever and perches

RdingManiac420
06-27-2002, 07:37 PM
Yeah you still have to have it in neutral with the clutch in but now I can get a parking brake block off and aftermarket clutch.

vinez21
06-27-2002, 07:38 PM
i just did mine today too and when i have it in like 2 gear my lever goes up but i dont know if it goes into reverse or not cause i dont feel a pop or anyhting does anybody elses do this?????

Scott
06-27-2002, 07:50 PM
Check out the thread about "Problems with the Hetrick reverse mod?"

People in the thread discussed the exact same thing.

PS Like I said in the other thread, I and every other person that I have ever known with a 300EX have been doing this same thing to them for 10 yrs. NO ONE that I know of has EVER had the quad go into reverse without it being in neutral, and NONE of us have ever had tranny problems.

Either we are the luckiest gropup of people alive, or it's an urban legend IMHO.

kicken250x
06-27-2002, 10:08 PM
idk about yall but i dont even have to do the mod. i havent had to use the little leaver on the cluch ever. idk if my cable is hund or what but i dont have to use it any1 know wha could be my prob?

Red Rooster
06-28-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Scott
Check out the thread about "Problems with the Hetrick reverse mod?"

People in the thread discussed the exact same thing.

PS Like I said in the other thread, I and every other person that I have ever known with a 300EX have been doing this same thing to them for 10 yrs. NO ONE that I know of has EVER had the quad go into reverse without it being in neutral, and NONE of us have ever had tranny problems.

Either we are the luckiest gropup of people alive, or it's an urban legend IMHO.

Scott Speaks The Truth!