PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex flaming!!!!!!!!!

sburton1
12-11-2005, 05:13 PM
hey guys i kinda new to this forum and have done a serch but can t really find out what im looking for. when ever i shift gears i get a flame out the tail pipe. and some times when i rev it. am i running to lean? ive got a carbon fiber exhausts and a uni filter and no air box lid what jet should i be running? thanks for the help

Chino886
12-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by sburton1
hey guys i kinda new to this forum and have done a serch but can t really find out what im looking for. when ever i shift gears i get a flame out the tail pipe. and some times when i rev it. am i running to lean? ive got a carbon fiber exhausts and a uni filter and no air box lid what jet should i be running? thanks for the help

sounds like you are running real lean, bump it up a few jet sizes, that should take care of it....

sburton1
12-11-2005, 06:27 PM
well the problem is i bought the quad used and dont even know what jet is in it. the dude i bought it from said it had a jet kit on it. can i just pull the jet out and see which one i need and order it from dyno jet? thanks

Chino886
12-11-2005, 06:29 PM
well the problem is i bought the quad used and dont even know what jet is in it. the dude i bought it from said it had a jet kit on it. can i just pull the jet out and see which one i need and order it from dyno jet? thanks

yeah, it should be engraved on the jet itself. just get a keihin jet, I like them better, but you can use DynoJet also...

CDCHONDAS
12-11-2005, 09:30 PM
you should be able to pick up jets at your local shop for around $4 each, some of the 400ex jet kits use an adaptor to go to another type, as for what jet, there are way too many variables such as altitude, temperature, barometric pressure and humidity for anyone to tell you what you need you will have to experiment, if you have any questions search the web for 'jetting instructions' or something along those lines and learn all you can

exrider008
12-12-2005, 08:06 AM
when ever i shift gears i get a flame out the tail pipe. . [/B]

lol thats sick:eek2: