View Full Version : how to loose weight?

theTman
12-11-2005, 02:56 PM
i have a freind, hes sorta fat and wants to loose weight, hes really shy and is afraid to ask on here himself (yes he is a member) he is hoping that loosing this weight will make him faster on the track and help him find a girlfreind....

any tips??

12-11-2005, 03:06 PM
My friend has medicine that quickens your metabolism and everytime you pee, you pee out all of the nutrients you don't need and your body will keep the nutrients it needs. So really, it's just a fancy way of saying "quicken your metabolism" like I typed earlier. Once I remember what it is called, I'll tell you.

Hondadudeehhhh
12-11-2005, 03:06 PM
proper diet and excersize. You can't do one without the other and expect to lose weight. Get on a routine work out and get on a healthy diet for a teenager. Eat a bowl of oatmeal every morning and you will lose 5 pounds in 2 weeks, guerenteed. Get in a weight lifting class and replace the fat with muscle. At a young age losing weight isnt hard, but as you get older it gets harder. The only way you can lose weight is if you really want to.

12-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Exactly. If you can't work out..Just tell him to stop eating all of the junk food and run nonstop for about 5 minutes a day. After about a week or two, go up about 2-5 minutes every other week. He should see a progress.

Giz400ex
12-11-2005, 03:19 PM
You can lose some by cutting your portions in half, ex. eat 1 burger instead of 2 and stop eating and drinking the crap with high sugar ect... and I also agree with some exercise. IF you just eat and sit around the computer all day, obviously can't expect to lose weight that way also. But, winter is a hard time to try to lose weight.

Bush0102
12-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
You can lose some by cutting your portions in half, ex. eat 1 burger instead of 2 and stop eating and drinking the crap with high sugar ect... and I also agree with some exercise. IF you just eat and sit around the computer all day, obviously can't expect to lose weight that way also. But, winter is a hard time to try to lose weight.

i lost 15 pounds last winter and had gained about 15 back in muscle by april...its not really that tough...the toughest part is staying motivated!

300exryder
12-11-2005, 05:02 PM
You might not lose weight but you will lose fat. Calculate your average caloric intake per diem using 15cal per lb body weight. ( + or - depending on physical activity) Of those calories try (doesnt have to be perfect) eating 40% carbs, 40% proteins and 20% unsaturated fats. Fitting your calories into 5-6 smaller meals will help your body keep glycogen stores full and force your body to use fat in lipolysis in which fatty acids are oxidized to get energy. (From a book titled No Mistakes by Vince Andrich.)

Pretty simple to follow and I've personally been getting great results in both physique and muscle mass (I'm up 10 lbs in less than a month and looking great) I guess the key is overloading on protein (somewhere on the order of 1, or 1.5 grams per lb body weight). Your body decreases catabolic actions and increases anabolic functions, similar to the effect of testosterone.

300ex13
12-11-2005, 05:19 PM
no offense but dont ask rollie...haha sorry bro just try to get on a good workout schedule

12-11-2005, 05:38 PM
yea im a lil on the bigger side too and my dad keeps telling me

"how bad do you you want it"
theres only one way EXERCISE:macho

Rip_Tear
12-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Just start eating right and do some physical work, anything will do.

Running, push-ups, splitting firewood, etc. It's better to get muscel then to just loose weight. It seems pretty simple to me. I use to be one of those people who wanted to gain weight, now that I've started I've been working out to keep the weight in the right spots and shapes :D Tell your friend good luck!

Can't stress enough though that eating RIGHT and PHYSICAL activity are important, don't strave yourself!

400ex28
12-11-2005, 05:42 PM
eat right, workout, keep a good scedual

Giz400ex
12-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
i lost 15 pounds last winter and had gained about 15 back in muscle by april...its not really that tough...the toughest part is staying motivated! Whats your age?

300ex13
12-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
eat right, workout, keep a good scedual

That ^^^ and stay motivated also

300exryder
12-11-2005, 05:55 PM
I don't know your personally but a great way to stay motivated and stick to a schedule would be to join a team or begin playing some type of sport. Whether you join the school football team, rugby club or intramural basketball, you will still end up benefiting yourself. Personally, I play collegiate football and nothing keeps you motivated more than your players and the possibilities. Always work to better yourself, and believe me, THERE IS NO EASY WAY OUT. Do not rely on supplements or miracle drugs - if they worked, everyone would have a perfect body. The truth with those drugs is that the dedicated weight trainer/athlete uses certain types of drugs/supplements to augment their lifts and body types. Nothing should be put into your body without a lot of research. Should you want to learn more, I can hook you up with a knowledgeable forum online or even my conditioning coach. It's all up to you.

popo
12-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
My friend has medicine that quickens your metabolism and everytime you pee, you pee out all of the nutrients you don't need and your body will keep the nutrients it needs. So really, it's just a fancy way of saying "quicken your metabolism" like I typed earlier. Once I remember what it is called, I'll tell you.

Sounds like your friend is giving you a the morning woodie pill. :huh

hardkoratvmxr
12-11-2005, 06:53 PM
if he rides tell him to get out and ride his hardest 100% of the time. then when he is not riding he should be eating right and excersising

theTman
12-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 300ex13
no offense but dont ask rollie...haha sorry bro just try to get on a good workout schedule

:o thats who this is about LOL

rollie
12-12-2005, 04:15 PM
lol....

Honda TRX250ex
12-12-2005, 04:31 PM
who need to loose weight
i love being fat
i eat what ever i want and dont worry about it

Cody_300ex
12-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by rollie
lol....

ROLLIE!!!!!!

I weighed 155 at the begining of the school year. Thats when i Started Lifting weights 5 days a week, and football everyday for about 5 weeks. I droped down to 135 by the end of the 9 weeks, Now im back up to 151 and have little visible fat left, and my bench press is up 40 lbs. I feel better everyday. Now Im drinking a protein shake twice a day. So I would suggest just hitting the gym 4 or 5 times a week. If you will go I'll send ya my weekly workout schule.

Bush0102
12-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Whats your age?

I'm 20.

Giz400ex
12-12-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm 20. Well, its pretty easy to do what you did at 20. I noticed around 28 when it was getting harder.

Hondadudeehhhh
12-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
who need to loose weight
i love being fat
i eat what ever i want and dont worry about it

some people want to keep their body healthy and get some ladies. When you realize you aren't exactly heathly or over weight it's good that you are going to do something, but the only way to see results is determination

APK400exRacer
12-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Well how is this for a diet?
Grits in the morning
Sub and bag of baked doritoes for lunch and choclate milk
then what ever mom fixes for supper? Is that healthy?
I weigh 180 or so and 5'10, but i want to lose my damn gut.:o
What are some ideas on losing the gut?

12-12-2005, 05:49 PM
The South Beach Diet. I have been on it for about a year now, I actually really like it. I never used it to loose weight, but if you stick to Phase 1 for 2 weeks and then really stick to Phase 2 and 3 and permenantley modify your diet it works wonders. I don't drink any soda, eat anything with Hydroginated Oils, and really watch calories and carbs.

300exryder
12-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Let's simplify things here. Eat reasonably. Don't go for that extra milkshake to wow your friends, try taking one sandwich from the lunch line instead of two and try some fruit or veggies over the cookies or ice cream. Personally, I believe lifting 5+ days a week is absurd. Your body needs time to recoop and the only way to do that is REST (at LEAST 8 hrs a night while you are on a lifting cycle). A better schedule might be Mon - lift, Tue - run, Wed - off, Thur - lift, Fri - lift, Sat - run and Sun - lift. That is our football schedule for the off-season. You WILL notice immediate improvements.

Hondadudeehhhh
12-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by APK400exRacer
Well how is this for a diet?
Grits in the morning
Sub and bag of baked doritoes for lunch and choclate milk
then what ever mom fixes for supper? Is that healthy?
I weigh 180 or so and 5'10, but i want to lose my damn gut.:o
What are some ideas on losing the gut?

well your diet seems okay. Nothing abnormal for us teenagers. What i would recomend for losing a gut is starting out with running. Most people think ab work outs (such as crunches) will get rid of a gut and give you abs but that's not true, you need to lose some body percentage fat first. You need to run and do some bridges. Bridges are when you basically sit in the push up position on both elbows for a minute without letting any body part but the elbows and tows touch the ground. After you go a minute on both elbows, switch to one side on one elbow. Then go to the other side. It's A LOT harder that it seems but if you do it right and long enough you will "feel the burn"

Honda TRX250ex
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
some people want to keep their body healthy and get some ladies. When you realize you aren't exactly heathly or over weight it's good that you are going to do something, but the only way to see results is determination
im not fat i just eat what ever i want but i also do a lot of sports and work out alot

Bush0102
12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
i just got in from a run, man it feels good:D

Hondadudeehhhh
12-12-2005, 06:30 PM
im not fat i just eat what ever i want but i also do a lot of sports and work out alot

you said you love being fat :huh

12-12-2005, 06:33 PM
well your diet seems okay. Nothing abnormal for us teenagers. What i would recomend for losing a gut is starting out with running. Most people think ab work outs (such as crunches) will get rid of a gut and give you abs but that's not true, you need to lose some body percentage fat first. You need to run and do some bridges. Bridges are when you basically sit in the push up position on both elbows for a minute without letting any body part but the elbows and tows touch the ground. After you go a minute on both elbows, switch to one side on one elbow. Then go to the other side. It's A LOT harder that it seems but if you do it right and long enough you will "feel the burn" Running is awful for your knees.

Honda TRX250ex
12-12-2005, 06:38 PM
you said you love being fat :huh
im kinda fat when i was younger i was huge like a ball and i still have some of the extra weight
seeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hondadudeehhhh
12-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Running is awful for your knees.

i would rather have bad knees later in like than a fat gut for ever. you are right, running can be bad for your knees and you will feel it in your 50s but oh well i enjoy running. I like running almost as much as i like riding, but i properly stretch and wear the best running shoes i can to try to prevent all the stuff later in life. One thing that will really help you, is going on an eliptical, going on one of those for 20 minutes could help you lose 2 pounds. Heck even bike rides are really good for you, even fun!

Bush0102
12-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Running is awful for your knees.

if you run too much. that is why you need to work your legs when you lift weights- strengthening your joints is the number one key to preventing injury.

but yeah running can really tear you up if you have weak joints and don't stretch properly.

If you really want to lose weight, swimming is the absolute best cardiovascular exercise you can do and its also low impact.

Bush0102
12-12-2005, 06:41 PM
i would rather have bad knees later in like than a fat gut for ever. you are right, running can be bad for your knees and you will feel it in your 50s but oh well i enjoy running. I like running almost as much as i like riding, but i properly stretch and wear the best running shoes i can to try to prevent all the stuff later in life. One thing that will really help you, is going on an eliptical, going on one of those for 20 minutes could help you lose 2 pounds. Heck even bike rides are really good for you, even fun!

yeah the elliptical is pretty good for you, its intense to see how fast and long some of those girls can go on there! Haha i love working out at a college rec center....

but another good idea is the bike. If its cold outside you can always get on a stationary bike in the gym- staying above 100 rpm for about 12 minutes straight with a 2 minute warmup and cooldown is a great workout.

bwamos
12-12-2005, 07:30 PM
What you eat is the only way you are going to change your weight.

Eating right will make you loose weight and give you more energy.

Working out will make you stronger, quicker, and sexier. ;)

Working out without changing your diet will only make you one of those overweight people that can run for 3 hours on the treadmill.

Honda TRX250ex
12-12-2005, 07:48 PM
ok ill change my diet. I'll stop eating crap and what ever i want.
just for you bwamos!
and plus i need to lose weight!

Mxjunkie
12-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by rollie
lol....

Its ok Rollman, you can still outride travis anyday of the week and your a big man :)

dober250R
12-12-2005, 07:54 PM
swimming is the considered the best overall workout. I recommend swimming. And if your crazy like me, workout, run and swim. Guarunteed (not spelled right) not to gain a pound when I eat those double whoppers!!!

Honda400exrox
12-12-2005, 07:58 PM
do it family guy style, put a fishing pole on ur head and a twinky on the hook and chase it around for hours lol:blah:

Cody_300ex
12-12-2005, 08:29 PM
yeah the elliptical is pretty good for you, its intense to see how fast and long some of those girls can go on there! Haha i love working out at a college rec center....

but another good idea is the bike. If its cold outside you can always get on a stationary bike in the gym- staying above 100 rpm for about 12 minutes straight with a 2 minute warmup and cooldown is a great workout.

About working out in a college rec center....... lol. My brother snuck me into murray state's(he's a student there), & DAAMMMMMMNNNN tons of hot chicks there. They also have the top of the line weights and equipment. Also one of the biggest workouts I ever got was playing racketball, nothing but running around hitting a ball. Pretty fun to when your playing with a friend of two.

12-12-2005, 08:32 PM
I had to have knee surgery from abusing them running. I stretched (still do) everyday and held the flexability records in my school. I'm sure not everyone that runs gets knee problems as bad as I did, but I was just trying to warn you.

300exryder
12-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Y'all want to see knee problems???

Take a swing by any training center that deals with collegiate football. It is amazing what love for a sport can do for your body :rolleyes: :blah:

Football is one of the world's best sports :)

JDiablo
12-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Ahh god i used to be big in working out last year got myself down to 145,then up to 150 in muscle,now im 170 in fat:o I gotta start working out again :scary:

stace609
12-12-2005, 11:11 PM
One of the best things ever for weight loss is www.fitday.com Sign up for a free account. You put in your information like age, weight, lifestyle. Then each day you put in your food and activites. It shows you how many calories you consume (and whether thye are from fat, protein, or carbs) and how many you burn. From their its simple math. If you want to lose one pound a week increase you activity and decrease your calories to create a defecit of 3500 calories, 7000 calories for 2 pounds, etc. Good luck.

L & L Racing
12-13-2005, 07:10 AM
if i was overweight i would probably go beliemic. ahahahha jk! yea just get on a good workout schedule and stick to it

Honda TRX250ex
12-13-2005, 02:43 PM
heres a question
how do i get rid of man boobs! and extra skin aka flab
what exsisces can i do at home (push up sit ups ect.)

Hon300ex
12-13-2005, 03:22 PM
hes trying to loose wieght and im trying to gain wieght:grr:

derekhonda
12-13-2005, 03:50 PM
heres a question
how do i get rid of man boobs! and extra skin aka flab
what exsisces can i do at home (push up sit ups ect.)

Cut weight, do chest excersises (bench, butterflies, etc)

250xridamatt
12-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by 300exryder

Take a swing by any training center that deals with collegiate football. It is amazing what love for a sport can do for your body :rolleyes: :blah:

Soccer is pretty hard on the knees as well. I have two older brothers that both played, one had 2 surgeries the other one had 1. Most soccer players are forced to retire due to knee problems.

Honda TRX250ex
12-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Cut weight, do chest excersises (bench, butterflies, etc)
whats butterflys?

hondardr4life
12-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Butterflies are when you lay on a bench have a dumbell in each hand, and you let your arms be locked out to your sides, then while keeping them locked out you bring the weights up and touch them. And don't expect it to happen in a month, I was a fat little ****, and I've been lifting for about 4 years now and there isnt much fat left on me. It's all in how hard you work, there is no point in going to the weight room and lifting chest only. You might as well lift your whole upper body one day, then your lower the next, then upper, then lower. After the first time you lift, if you lift hard enough, the next morning you wont even want to get out of bed. It feels great.

hondardr4life
12-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 300exryder

One of the worlds best sports?? You mean the best, right? lol. I love football, and I love how most people treat football players. There is always those ***s that hate football players and think were p*ssies, but I just ignore them.

About the knee subject.... football is horrible on your knees. Between football, riding, and snowboarding, I wont be able to walk when im 50. When I get out of bed in the morning, about the first 50 steps I take that day my knees crack. Also when I'm doing squats they crack liek crazy. Oh well, I'd rather have fun now and suffer later. Your only young once.