PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis IRazr's

450R-ridered
12-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Does anyone have experience with these and if so how did they perform?

redred55
12-11-2005, 02:33 PM
They ride awesome and you can slide them well. I will definately buy another set when these wear out.

watts16
12-11-2005, 02:49 PM
ive heard they hook up great in all conditions.. but wear alittle fast

hardkoratvmxr
12-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by exracer16

that is what i have heard

prepracing
12-11-2005, 05:54 PM
you will not find a better mud tire, but slide a little to much for me in dry conditions. also wear pretty fast

400ex28
12-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by exracer16

thats what ive heard

450R-ridered
12-11-2005, 07:03 PM
would razr2's be better for trail riding than the IRazr's, also do razr2's slide much at all in dry conditions?

QuadJunkies
12-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Do they wear our as fast as a Holeshot does?? Are they a Hard pack tire or more for wet MX tracks/Mud?? We too were considering a set , I think they look GREAT!

DirtDevilBT
12-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
you will not find a better mud tire, but slide a little to much for me in dry conditions. also wear pretty fast

:ermm: You have to be joking:ermm: Can't find a better mud tire? Where to start....

QuadJunkies
12-11-2005, 10:18 PM
well I know of a good mud tire!!!! Knarlys are SWEET! But again, in dry pack it will eat the tires up pretty quickly :ermm: I really liked mine but I am always looking for something different to try

prepracing
12-12-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
:ermm: You have to be joking:ermm: Can't find a better mud tire? Where to start....

for a SPORT/RACE quad you will not find a better mud tire......go to any GNCC race and ask around or just open your eyes and see what everyone is running in the muddy races. But by all means go ahead and start and tell me which tire is better.....yeah I'm sure a vampire or swamper goes better but they wouldn't work to well on a sport quad :macho !

GEARSMOKER
12-12-2005, 05:15 AM
prepracing, i hear you 100%, but most of these people have never heard of the gncc, or the reason behind buying a race quad....to race. and i agree that when it's a mud race at a gncc, all the pros slap on their i-razors. but to each their own, i personlly use razor's in the rear all the time and razor 2's up front.:)

spincr4hire
12-12-2005, 06:24 AM
I'm getting some rears for the muddier conditions, sticking with Razr1s when its dry or hard packed.

450RGNCC
12-12-2005, 07:49 AM
the razr2's have a crapload of grip, i couldnt believe how much better the rears were that my razr1's. Im not sure about the fronts, i hope to have a pair soon, but for the rears, when this pair gets worn out, which I have raced 2 harescrambles and they still look like new, i will definitely get another pair. the only thing that i see that i dont like is they dont slide a whole lot when its a grippy track, but when its wet or muddy, they're great.

12-12-2005, 10:14 AM
I have Irazr's front and back.

The rears:
These have been great in all conditions. Mud. Dry. Wet Hard
Packed Clay. Everything.
They have worn fairly well.....considering I have raced 3 XC
races. I also have to travel a minimum of 100 yards on
pavement to get to my trails.

The fronts:
They have done well as far as puncture resistance. I have
hit a few rocks and trees really hard. Rim bent, but tire did
not puncture.
I probably would not buy another set of fronts, though.
They seem to "push" in the turns. Everyone runs Razr2's
up front. I'll probably switch to those when the time comes.

QuadJunkies
12-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by force
I have Irazr's front and back.

The rears:
These have been great in all conditions. Mud. Dry. Wet Hard
Packed Clay. Everything.
They have worn fairly well.....considering I have raced 3 XC
races. I also have to travel a minimum of 100 yards on
pavement to get to my trails.

The fronts:
They have done well as far as puncture resistance. I have
hit a few rocks and trees really hard. Rim bent, but tire did
not puncture.
I probably would not buy another set of fronts, though.
They seem to "push" in the turns. Everyone runs Razr2's
up front. I'll probably switch to those when the time comes.
Do you think they would wor well with a Klaw front? Thats one thing I dont like about my holeshots, to me they push on my quad, Im one of the few that dont like holeshot fronts,they push on my quad for some reason.

cletusEX
12-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
I'm getting some rears for the muddier conditions, sticking with Razr1s when its dry or hard packed.

Exactly. I ran a set of IRazrs and they worked awesome in the mud (worked pretty good in everything actually). They do wear out quick so I'm gonna run Razr 1's when it's dry and get a set of Irazrs for the muddy races.

jeepnrocks
12-12-2005, 03:28 PM
They work incredibly well!! I had some that were half worn down and getting pretty beat. I put them back on the quad becasue i trashed a razr 2 i was running . I couldnt believe how great they were still hooking up for being so worn.. I have since woirn them even more and they still grab like crazy.

the Z Man
12-12-2005, 03:56 PM
I ran them for a full season as well as the 6 hours of Missouri and a couple other races with training and fun riding got a little wore towards the end of the season but good enough for a Championship..
I got the whole set for 350 shipped to my door, (second pair to date)
Pm me for info if your interested..

DirtDevilBT
12-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
for a SPORT/RACE quad you will not find a better mud tire......go to any GNCC race and ask around or just open your eyes and see what everyone is running in the muddy races. But by all means go ahead and start and tell me which tire is better.....yeah I'm sure a vampire or swamper goes better but they wouldn't work to well on a sport quad :macho !

Well that's all fine and dandy but it seems it depends on where you look. I mostly see holeshots, razor2s, and kenda klaws. Every once in a while I'll even see a set of Knarlys. It also depends on who you ask or even what website you visit. And yes, when I get a second to race between everything else I do, or at least watch em, be it gncc style or mx. CA doesn't much GNCC racing. But no, you have me at a loss; I'm mostly a desert, trail, and dunes racer...not mud runner. I could see how the Irazor would be good during clean-out, but there are so many other choices. ;) Help show me the light and bring GNCC to CA.:D

QuadJunkies
12-12-2005, 11:20 PM
So how would they do on a sandy track??

4ABURN
12-13-2005, 06:55 AM
ITP's Mudlites for the mud,sand,snow !!!!!!!!:D last along time too. Very lite for a good puncture resistant tire.

My 2 cents:)

Flynbryan19
12-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
So how would they do on a sandy track??

They seem to do real well at sandy tracks QJ. Alot of the pro's used them at the florida GNCC at the begining of the year. Any tire that has that much spacing inbetween the knobs is going to clean out very well. I've talked to acouple of the GNCC guys that say its their favorite tire. It does wear real fast though. Also too, you know you can't get it in a 18" rear right? I know you guys run primarily mx and tt.

QuadJunkies
12-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
They seem to do real well at sandy tracks QJ. Alot of the pro's used them at the florida GNCC at the begining of the year. Any tire that has that much spacing inbetween the knobs is going to clean out very well. I've talked to acouple of the GNCC guys that say its their favorite tire. It does wear real fast though. Also too, you know you can't get it in a 18" rear right? I know you guys run primarily mx and tt.

Thats what Troy said(the spacing) which makes sense once you mentioned that .

We wanted these tires for the WORCS series so more ground clearance(20 inchfor rear ) will be needed....;) Thanks for mention of it though!!

So what Combo upfront works good with the Irazrs??

Flynbryan19
12-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Well, you know I'm no pro-racer by any stretch of the imagination, but all the guys that I see running the I-razor rears are usually running the Razr2 fronts. If you look at the knobby depth and design on the I-razor front its not near as aggressive as the Razr2 front or even the Irazor rears..... Seems you really don't see anyone running the I-razor fronts....

QuadJunkies
12-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Well, you know I'm now pro-racer

SWEET!!! You never told me that! :blah: :D

parkers30
12-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Brandon Sommers and Johnny Gallager are both running them almost all of the time, but I remember Laz saying something about them not getting hard when running Nitogen in the tires? most run Rzar 2 fronts

Flynbryan19
12-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
SWEET!!! You never told me that! :blah: :D

LMAO....... I'm a fool.....:( I meant to say, I'm NO pro-rider.....