PDA

View Full Version : ramp plans, and intsructions

csimp3
12-11-2005, 02:19 PM
hey i know there are a million threads about ramp plans, but, i searched through alot of em, and nobody seemed to have any real good plans, like more than just a side view, also, i will be building a ramp, and it will be my first, how do you get the metal to bend so smooth, how do you know where all the supports go, that kinda astuff, anything will help, but im really looking for complete ramp plans, around 6 foot probably, i know its not full size, but its what id like to build, thanks

01screamindemon
12-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Go check out fmx ramps (http://www.fmxramps.com/) . More specifically the rev 1, for the fact that this is what a lot of peoples ramps are based off of. If you search around on that site a bit it should help you out with all your questions. I had the exact same questions as you and this site seemed to help me out the most. Though the rev 1 is bigger than what you want, the site will still give you info on building your own ramp. :D

flyin#5
12-12-2005, 08:35 PM
the easiest way to get smooth bends is to make cuts 3/4 of the way through your tubing, then push the cut together... put a tack weld on the top and then get everything else welded together... then weld them all the way shut.