PDA

View Full Version : Spraypaint Clutch cover?

WhiteYFZ
12-11-2005, 09:21 AM
I have a yfz 450 and i want to paint the clutch cover black, will SprayPaint be good to use? I know that powdercoating is better, But will SprayPaint be ok? Do i need to bake it?
What kind of Spraypaint should i use?
Thanks.
Hope someone can help me.

12-11-2005, 09:33 AM
It will wear off your 1st ride:ermm:

Honda TRX250ex
12-11-2005, 10:07 AM
yeah it would just wear right off
idk about pc it would probly wear off but not as fast

bigbadbrad
12-11-2005, 01:53 PM
pc it to do it right, or of you really want to be trick get an anodized alluminim cluth cover or a carbon fiber cover

enduro400rider
12-11-2005, 03:01 PM
i did the cases on my 400 with spray paint it held up pretty good but i ride in regular shoes not boots so it doesnt create as much friction to ware it off. its all about prep when your painting. get some good paint remover and take off the factory coating. then sand it down to get off and extra stuff use a degreaser to get any oils off and let it dry for a day rub it down with paint thinner and then paint it do about 5 LIGHT coats dont worry about covering the whole part in the first coat. after you lay down the base coat lightly go over the part with fine steel whool. wipe it down with a wet paper towel and spray 2 or 3 coats of clear on it. i used cheap spray paint from dollar general it held up good for 6 months untill i sold it. just keep them clean dont let mud sit on it for days it will turn the paint murky