PDA

View Full Version : 400ex exhaust fit aftermarket frames?

dangle
12-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Well I'm still looking for a new exhaust on my hybrid but seing as how it's a 400ex frame I can't just order one...was wondering if it'd fit an aftermarket frame as long as it was EX geometry? I just don't have the balls/cash to blow on an exhaust that I can't use...

Mike

quadmxracer
12-12-2005, 11:22 AM
A TRX450 header and an 400ex HMF slip- on works really well with your 400ex frame .

-Clayton

dangle
12-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Nice moves... I'm already running a trx header with the tc slip-on so i'm already half way home...

Mike

quadmxracer
12-13-2005, 04:55 PM
How much customizing did you do to the trx header for the TC?Because thats what I am wanting to run versus the HMF.

-Clayton

dangle
12-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by quadmxracer
How much customizing did you do to the trx header for the TC?Because thats what I am wanting to run versus the HMF.

-Clayton

The guy that I bought the hybrid from has it all one piece.. welded up.. I honestly don't know how much it was cut... he don't prolly don't either b/c he had east coast atv do it all.... I REALLY don't like this exhaust... wanna trade?? :devil:

Mike

dangle
12-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Feel free to hit me up on aol... headinahole

Mike

quadmxracer
12-13-2005, 05:44 PM
I don't have a silencer yet im currently building mine right now all I have left is to get a radiator, and carb, and am checking out setups, and have seen the HMF/TRX setup in person and its great and I will probably run that anyway, but if you have pics I'd like to see what yours looks like anyway. Hey if you have any spare parts such as mounting hardware etc let me know I have an Edelbrock Quicksilver II carb I need to get rid of that came with my 04' CRF engine. If you or anyone you know would be interested in the carb I have it on ebay, I don't expect it to sell on there and I only put it up for 3 days.

Item number: 4597656023

-Clayton

dangle
12-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by quadmxracer
I don't have a silencer yet im currently building mine right now all I have left is to get a radiator, and carb, and am checking out setups, and have seen the HMF/TRX setup in person and its great and I will probably run that anyway, but if you have pics I'd like to see what yours looks like anyway. Hey if you have any spare parts such as mounting hardware etc let me know I have an Edelbrock Quicksilver II carb I need to get rid of that came with my 04' CRF engine. If you or anyone you know would be interested in the carb I have it on ebay, I don't expect it to sell on there and I only put it up for 3 days.

Item number: 4597656023

-Clayton

Old pics...
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/zombiequad111/2.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/zombiequad111/3.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/zombiequad111/1.jpg

It's kinda clapped out in those pics... I got white fullbores, quad tech seat, of course the exhaust, new topend, front klaws and other nic-nacs going on as we speak.... How's that hmf work/sound?

Mike